Windows 10: laptop screen keeps going blank

Discus and support laptop screen keeps going blank in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; AS 5735Z - w10 1809 18763.475 Every now and then I can toggle it on meaning moving on touch pad, or fn+F6, but not at will, but after less than 5sec... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by riccardo.l, Jan 12, 2021.

1. laptop screen keeps going blank

AS 5735Z - w10 1809 18763.475

Every now and then I can toggle it on meaning moving on touch pad, or fn+F6, but not at will, but after less than 5sec it reverts back off.

video card is intel gma4500 wddm 1.1 driver 8.15.10.2702 10/03/2013

Is it possible to fix or stabilize the screen? what could be the real issue?

Just need some hint on how to go ahead and look at?

it doesn't seem a hardware problem.

:)

riccardo.l, Jan 12, 2021

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    FIX SCREEN SO IT DOESN'T GO BLANK

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer screen goes blank after sometime, I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you see any error message on the screen when the computer screen goes blank?
    • When you say “I need to fix it so that doesn't happen” how are you fixing the screen?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

If you are using a Desktop, then the first thing I would suggest you to do is check if the cables are connected properly.

Method 1: Refresh Graphics driver

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

Method 2: Update graphics driver

I suggest you to try updating the graphics card driver and see if that helps. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Driver
    4. Restart the computer.

Article for reference: Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 12, 2021
  4. laptop screen keeps going blank

Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

laptop screen keeps going blank

1. laptop screen keeps going blank - Similar Threads - laptop screen keeps

2. Blank screen when going on safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen when going on safe mode: So I recently did a reset on my windows 10 pc and I had bit locker on as well but I still see my login screen to put password and everything and says unable to find user and when I wanted to go on safe mode and when I signed in it let me and it was slow to load and when it...
  3. screen keeps going blank/black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen keeps going blank/black: my screen keeps going blank specially when im watching twitch or my pc crashes when I play games while also watching YouTube iv completely re installed windows 11 and im still getting this error or similar ones all with 141 code please help me, put me out of my misery!! I...
  4. screen keeps going blank/black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen keeps going blank/black: my screen keeps going blank specially when im watching twitch or my pc crashes when I play games while also watching YouTube iv completely re installed windows 11 and im still getting this error or similar ones all with 141 code please help me, put me out of my misery!! I...
  5. My laptop keeps going back to blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps going back to blue screen: When I opened my laptop it didn't charge to turn it on and the blue error screen popped up and fixed all the problems and nothing worked and it kept going back to blue screen, even tried resetting but it still sent me to blue screen. How do I solve this problem?...
  6. My laptop keeps going back to blue screen

My laptop keeps going back to blue screen: When I opened my laptop it didn't charge to turn it on and the blue error screen popped up and fixed all the problems and nothing worked and it kept going back to blue screen, even tried resetting but it still sent me to blue screen. How do I solve this problem?...
  7. My laptop keeps going back to blue screen

8. Desktop Background keeps going to a blank screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background keeps going to a blank screen: My desktop background randomly goes through a picture file, but it occasionally stops on a blank screen. A right click and click on "Next desktop background" brings up another picture in the file. How do I stop it from going to a blank screen?...
  9. Icon for Google Calendar keeps going blank.

Icon for Google Calendar keeps going blank.: Version 20H2 Build 19042.685 On my Windows start page I have shortcuts for the various apps I commonly use. For Google Calendar I saved the icon and converted it from a PNG to a ICO file. It is fine for a while and then disappears. I have done the same thing for Gmail,...
  10. Asus laptop screen keeps going black repeatedly

Asus laptop screen keeps going black repeatedly: My laptop Asus was perfectly fine, I turned it off then after a few hours I tried to turn it on again and it turns on to the start up menu where i’m supposed to type in my password and log in, but it keeps repeatedly going black and turning back on it seems like it’s...