Windows 10: Laptop screen not automatically turning on after resume from standby

Discus and support Laptop screen not automatically turning on after resume from standby in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone. When I wake my laptop from sleep S3, not modern standby everything starts working but the screen does not automatically turn on if I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by frapc, Apr 8, 2021.

1. frapc Win User

Laptop screen not automatically turning on after resume from standby

Hi everyone. When I wake my laptop from sleep S3, not modern standby everything starts working but the screen does not automatically turn on if I do not move the mouse/trackpad; then, everuthing works just fine. I have noticed that the screen does automatically turn on if a usb device in my case an xbox controller or logitech joystick is plugged in, though I always have an external mouse plugged in but it does not seem to affect the screen behaviour.

This is clearly not that big of a deal but I wonder why shouldn't it work normally.

Regards

:)

frapc, Apr 8, 2021

2. Pc will not wake up from Standby

i would suggest you check how it is set to resume from standby, does your monitor automatically power off when the computer is turned off or do you have to press the power button on the monitor itself?

jocksteeluk, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Apr 8, 2021
  4. bogdan001 Win User

Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off

Dear community,

I am experiencing an issue where the laptop goes to standby every time the screen turns off. If "Never" is set for "Turn off the display", then the laptop does not go to standby but also the screen stays on. But if the "Put the computer to sleep" is set
    to "Never" and "Turn off the display" is set to 1 minute, then the laptop goes to standby after 1 minute (or respects any other set value).

What I have done

Restarted laptop

Created new account

Updated Windows, reinstalled latest drivers and BIOS

Looked at the registry

Read and tried all found related articles on the internet

In BIOS, for the laptop Lenovo Yoga S740-14IIL (ideapad) - Type 81RS, there is a setting for "Human presence detection". This makes the laptop to go to standby if no person is sitting in front of it. I have disabled it also. Page 15 here: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/yoga_s740_14iil_ug_en_201909.pdf

Can you please let me know any thoughts of what causes this issue?

Wishing you a nice weekend!

Best regards,

Bogdan

bogdan001, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop screen not automatically turning on after resume from standby - Similar Threads - Laptop screen automatically

2. PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation: My PC is running on a a fresh clean installation of windows 10 with all the latest updates applied. Whenever I put the PC to hibernation and resume, everything functions as expected all the applications are working and no errors are shown for for a few seconds and then just...
  3. PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation: My PC is running on a a fresh clean installation of windows 10 with all the latest updates applied. Whenever I put the PC to hibernation and resume, everything functions as expected all the applications are working and no errors are shown for for a few seconds and then just...
  4. PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SOLVED: Bluetooth Mouse, Webcam not working after resume from Standby!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SOLVED: Bluetooth Mouse, Webcam not working after resume from Standby!: Hi all! I was struggling with my Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse not connecting after my Inspiron 13 7306 was waking from Standby. It showed as connected, but didn't respond. Also, I was getting weird, intermittent problems with the built-in IR camera and night...
  6. Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off

Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off: Dear community, I am experiencing an issue where the laptop goes to standby every time the screen turns off. If "Never" is set for "Turn off the display", then the laptop does not go to standby but also the screen stays on. But if the "Put the computer to sleep" is set to...
  7. Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled): [ATTACH] Dell XPS 7590 i9, Windows 10 Pro 1909. I was having issues with Connected Standby in Windows 10 (Laptop wouldn't go to sleep properly, fans would start up every so often, laptop would suddenly wake up completely with screen coming on, closing the lid would wake...
  8. No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode: Hi everyone, Since I last updated my graphics drivers, I have has an issue where my sound refuses to work. It acts like it is working (sound settings show the sound is supposedly happening, I just don't hear it). This can happen from start-up of the PC, or when the PC goes...
  9. Logon.exe does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently]

Logon.exe does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently]: Hello, I am having the following symptoms: After resuming windows by pressing the power button of my laptop on some occasions I see: - The windows booting screen - Then it disappears and I see either my desktop/login mask (its the same so I cannot tell which one it is)...
  10. From standby S3 mode, resume is a fresh boot...

From standby S3 mode, resume is a fresh boot...: Hey guys. New to these forums, long time computer nerd scratching my head how to troubleshoot this one. My Asus ROG G750JS is a great machine ... Just updated to the anniversary update... This problem has been something ive struggled with endlessly. My laptop support...