Windows 10: Laptop Screen Not Detected After Waking Up From Sleep

Discus and support Laptop Screen Not Detected After Waking Up From Sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sometimes when my laptop wakes from Sleep Mode the laptop screen will not wake, and when I connected to a second monitor to see what's going on it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by benjisg, Jun 21, 2020.

1. benjisg Win User

Laptop Screen Not Detected After Waking Up From Sleep

Sometimes when my laptop wakes from Sleep Mode the laptop screen will not wake, and when I connected to a second monitor to see what's going on it will say that only the second monitor is detected. Typically this problem will eventually fix after rebooting the laptop over and over the screen rarely turns on once again on the first reboot, but I haven't been able to find a permanent fix for it yet. I've tried updating display adapter drivers, reinstalling battery drivers, resetting the battery, etc. but the problem has only been occurring more and more frequently as of late.

My gut says it's something to do with the battery/power transmission or display drivers, but I haven't found any luck in these areas yet. The laptop is an Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-593G.

This issue has been really bugging me, all other performance from this laptop has been fantastic outside of this one thing. Any advice is appreciated.

:)

benjisg, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Laptop Screen Not Detected After Waking Up From Sleep [​IMG]

Chadi, Jun 21, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Laptop Screen Not Detected After Waking Up From Sleep

Screens black after waking machine from sleep

Hi Anthony,

Does it only happen when waking up the computer from sleep?

To check for possible causes of this issue, we suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Click Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, you may update the Chipset driver from the device manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Screen Not Detected After Waking Up From Sleep

1. Laptop Screen Not Detected After Waking Up From Sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop Screen Detected

2. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep: Hi,Recently I get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleep. The bluescreen says "CRITICAL" something, but when I look into reliability reports there is no report of the BSOD. Any other ideas?Thanks and Regards,...
  3. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep: Hi,Recently I get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleep. The bluescreen says "CRITICAL" something, but when I look into reliability reports there is no report of the BSOD. Any other ideas?Thanks and Regards,...
  4. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dedicated graphics not detected after wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dedicated graphics not detected after wake up from sleep: Hi team,I use HP- Pavilion Laptop - 14-ec0xxx model.SpecsProcessor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.3 GB usable Device ID C3A06DF8-4FA1-4F0E-A912-DC293CF88EC0 Product ID 00327-35938-86748-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system,...
  6. Dedicated graphics not detected after wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dedicated graphics not detected after wake up from sleep: Hi team,I use HP- Pavilion Laptop - 14-ec0xxx model.SpecsProcessor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.3 GB usable Device ID C3A06DF8-4FA1-4F0E-A912-DC293CF88EC0 Product ID 00327-35938-86748-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system,...
  7. Screen is dim after waking up from sleep. I am on a laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen is dim after waking up from sleep. I am on a laptop: Whenever I open the lid of my laptop the screen is very dim, and I must spam the power button until my screen goes back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-is-dim-after-waking-up-from-sleep-i-am-on-a/3a9e9e4a-3f90-46e6-874a-152be1c73ca4
  8. After waking up from sleep

After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  9. Laptop waking up from sleep

Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  10. Dead Screen AFTER waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead Screen AFTER waking up from sleep: Hi there, Recently I reinstalled windows 10 due to failure of reset/refresh as there is Windows B.T couldn't be deleted, and I tried to remove using disk cleanup, turned out that it doesn't work. Then I tried to use "take ownership" registry to delete the folder. (It...