Windows 10: Laptop screen not detected when using external monitor

Discus and support Laptop screen not detected when using external monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi As the title says, I have just upgraded my laptop to windows 10 from windows 8, I usually use the laptop screen and an external monitor, for dual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by videodj, Aug 22, 2015.

1. videodj Win User

Laptop screen not detected when using external monitor

Hi

As the title says, I have just upgraded my laptop to windows 10 from windows 8, I usually use the laptop screen and an external monitor, for dual screen, however in windows 10, with the external monitor connected it does not detect and other screens, am I missing something or have things changed under windows 10?

:)

videodj, Aug 22, 2015
  2. ASams23 Win User

Windows 10 and displaying content on two external monitors.

Windows 10 display options is not detecting both my external monitors. It detects the laptop and one of the external monitors. I need to display different screens of information on each external monitor. What do I need to do to get both external monitors
    recognized?

ASams23, Aug 22, 2015
  3. DR DRW Win User
    Reinstalled Windows 10 doesn't detect 2nd external monitor

When connected with the cable to a different laptop, the monitor still turns on, but the laptop does not detect it.

My laptop does detect a different external monitor connected to it. Before redownloading WIN10, I was using my laptop screen and two different monitors with no trouble (except that the older monitor, the one
    that now doesn't work, got pretty twitchy when I used Skype).

DR DRW, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Press WIN + P, does it give you the option to duplicate or extend the display to the laptop screen?

Laptop screen not detected when using external monitor [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Laptop screen not detected when using external monitor - Similar Threads - Laptop screen detected

2. Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors: My Lenovo Laptop is no longer recognizing my external monitors. this worked fine until a few days ago. I have updated, removed, reinstalled the intel graphics driver and run intel diagnostic as well as windows diagnostic. All internal HW passes tests. The computer thinks it...
  3. Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors: My Lenovo Laptop is no longer recognizing my external monitors. this worked fine until a few days ago. I have updated, removed, reinstalled the intel graphics driver and run intel diagnostic as well as windows diagnostic. All internal HW passes tests. The computer thinks it...
  4. Laptop not detecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not detecting external monitor: I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just...
  5. Laptop not detecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not detecting external monitor: I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just...
  6. How to turn off Laptop Screen when using External Monitor

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off Laptop Screen when using External Monitor: [ATTACH]If you want to turn off the laptop screen when using an external monitor, you can follow this guide. It is possible to switch off […] This article How to turn off Laptop Screen when using External Monitor first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Broken built-in screen on laptop and using external monitor, monitor not used by laptop...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken built-in screen on laptop and using external monitor, monitor not used by laptop...: I am using a laptop with a broken screen where i can literally see nothing but black and white and some messed up stuff and I use an external monitor, so basically I am blind without the external monitor. I recently updated the laptop from win7 to win10, I waited for it to...
  8. My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor: Hi everyone. I have a MSI GS60 ghost pro gaming laptop which has Intel HD graphics 4600 and Nvidia GTX970M GPU, CPU i7 4720HQ, running Windows 10. I study abroad, several months ago i went back home and plugged-in my laptop to the TV via HDMI for gaming like normal....
  9. lag when using laptop screen / good perf when using external monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    lag when using laptop screen / good perf when using external monitor: Dear all, I have a Dell Precision laptop (M4800) with 16 GB RAM and a big SSD. I have been struggling for ages with this bleeping w10 and have got to a stage where it does actually run very well ... if the comp is using a docking port and external monitor (in this case...
  10. My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor: Hi everyone. I have a MSI GS60 ghost pro gaming laptop which has Intel HD graphics 4600 and Nvidia GTX970M GPU, CPU i7 4720HQ, running Windows 10. I study abroad, several months ago i went back home and plugged-in my laptop to the TV via HDMI for gaming like normal....