Windows 10: Laptop screen not working but it powers up

Discus and support Laptop screen not working but it powers up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I fired up my hubbys laptop to find the screen was completely black. I connected it to my telly and works fine so I took all the bits out of it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Angelacluley, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Laptop screen not working but it powers up

I fired up my hubbys laptop to find the screen was completely black. I connected it to my telly and works fine so I took all the bits out of it and stuck it in my laptop but it's doing the same. What are the chances of 2 HP laptops having black screens?!?!?! Has there.been a dodgy windows update recently? I have put all original parts back in both laptops and still no screens on either. (They r identical laptops). How do i rectify this? I NEED a laptop for his work...plugging it in the telly is a complete baul ache . TIA

:)

Angelacluley, Nov 20, 2018

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Laptop screen not working but it powers up

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Laptop screen not working but it powers up

1. Laptop screen not working but it powers up - Similar Threads - Laptop screen working

2. Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up: [IMG][IMG]I shut down my laptop after the screen started getting weird black bars around it and when I started it up it showed either just a black lit up screen or a black lit up screen with the glitched block in the middle. The cursor also shows up and can be moved around...
  3. How to power up a laptop with the lid closed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to power up a laptop with the lid closed?: I have an external monitor setup with my win10 laptop and everything works fine and I want to press the laptop power button to power up and start windows with the laptop lid always closed. How do I do this? submitted by /u/cryptotentnew [link] [comments]...
  4. Bit locker screen on power up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bit locker screen on power up: New x360 laptop running windows 10 home 64 bit--why do I get bit locker recovery screen when I start my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-screen-on-power-up/e3d5fa49-b4ae-4ae4-8f74-01eef1830bcc
  5. Not able to power on the laptop it ends up in a black screen

Not able to power on the laptop it ends up in a black screen: I am not able to power on my laptop. Everytime i start the laptop it shows all the boot up things including the windows logo and the rotating dots and after that ends up showing a black screen with only a blue rotating cursor..i am able to hear the windows startup sound but...
  6. Laptop not working without power source

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not working without power source: Here is the thing before you guys try to suggest any fix: - I have tried all method online. My battery is 100% fully charged. I try disable/able uninstall/reinstall battery module in device management, disable fast startup, ect... - My battery is still healthy it was...
  7. Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source

Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source: I have a Lenovo ideapad 130-15AST Laptop with Windows 10 it's brand new, well I bought it back in the Summer 2019 and rarely use it. However, I need it really bad now and I am using it as I type this question I'm not using my cell phone. So I used it last month and every time...
  8. Laptop won't power up question.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop won't power up question.: I have a family member whose laptop will not power up. At first the battery would die after a very short time. It would run normal if the power adapter was plugged in. Now it wont power on at all. Is it possible that the laptop won't power up with the power adapter plugged in...
  9. Laptop powers up with dim screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop powers up with dim screen: Post Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home upgrade on my Acer Laptop, everything went reasonably OK apart from having to resize the Reserved System Partition. After a couple of days, the brightness of the screen at start up is really dim making it difficult to see or...
  10. Laptop screen froze, keyboard and power button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen froze, keyboard and power button not working: I was on my computer playing a game, up until my keyboard stopped working. Then my power button wouldn't work even if I held it down for more than 30 seconds. Then my screen just froze. I can't do anything and I'm waiting for my computer to run out of battery. This is the...