Windows 10: Laptop screen pink and ghosting images

Discus and support Laptop screen pink and ghosting images in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I left my ASUS 2 in 1 laptop on overnight by accident when I went to bed. Battery ran out, etc. Once in a while I'd let it run out, so it's not too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wombo, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Wombo Win User

Laptop screen pink and ghosting images

I left my ASUS 2 in 1 laptop on overnight by accident when I went to bed. Battery ran out, etc. Once in a while I'd let it run out, so it's not too unusual.

When I turned on my laptop this morning, however,, my ASUS logo was all pink/purple. When it went to the float screen, everything had a purple tint. After logging on, EVERYTHING had a purple tint. When I accessed Chrome to troubleshoot the issue (then X'ed out), some sort of transparent ghosting was happening. I did not drop it or crack it or anything; I SUSPECT it could be a videocard issue. I hope it wasn't a case of overheating (might be the case, though, in which case, recommendations?)

My touch screen works fine, however. This is a relatively new PC (2 years old) and have had no major issues with it, let alone ones like this. I tried restarting but to no avail. I'm at work at the moment but when I get home I can try some solutions you guys recommend.

I haven't system restored or anything (or reinstalled Windows).

Any thoughts?

:)

Wombo, Sep 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 Version 1511 Critical Update (KB3140741)

Yep, I had no option to uninstall the update. Right-clicking did nothing. There was no uninstall button on that entire "View Installed Updates" page.

The graphics problem on my laptop seems to have corrected itself. No more pink screen and no more layered ghost images.

NickVoikos, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Display has gone dull and old screen images are ghosting

Operating Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga 500, recently the display suddenly went dull with old screen images ghosting in the background (greens and pinks). Not sure if this is a hardware or OS issue, issue seemed to coincide with a number of updates but I
    tried restoring to previous time and no joy.

Help and advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

AlisonWinch, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

Laptop screen pink and ghosting images

1. Laptop screen pink and ghosting images - Similar Threads - Laptop screen pink

2. Grey (Ghost) Screen Lock-Out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey (Ghost) Screen Lock-Out: For no reason and in any screen; browser, Office Products, email, etc. my computer will suddenly lock-up, have a gray (ghost) screen with a cross that looks like it is composed of 2 jelly beans. I cannot get out of this screen even when I Ctl+Alt-delete to try and get to...
  3. "Ghost" screens

"Ghost" screens: From time to time matter what I'm using, email, office products, web, etc. my screen will suddenly "ghost" out and the only way I can retrieve that screen is to go to Task Bar and (after 20X of ctrl+alt+delete) it will allow Task Bar to appear and end that task or bring...
  4. Pink screen on video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pink screen on video: Exported video only shown pink screen - no pictures????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/pink-screen-on-video/fe95f878-52a3-4d29-b9e4-100c3355227c
  5. Display on my laptop has green and pink stripes.

Display on my laptop has green and pink stripes.: Immediately following a Windows update the Display on my laptop has been showing green and pink stripes. So everything I look at has stripes. It also seems that the colors are grayed out - like there are no 'reds' in the mix. Any thoughts? Do I need to buy a new laptop?...
  6. Ghost imaging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ghost imaging: the subsystem needed to support the image type is not present https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/ghost-imaging/bd92ec32-e15d-402e-a778-413bd75f2858
  7. Orange and Pink Screen of Death after Hibernate

Orange and Pink Screen of Death after Hibernate: Hello. My new (refurbished) laptop (HP Zbook15 generation 3) has had several orange (and less often pink) screen of death errors. This occurs when waking the computer up after hibernating it. It has happened since I got it (before adding any software of my own). For...
  8. Laptop touchscreen ghost clicking

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop touchscreen ghost clicking: I have a Samsung Laptop. It has a touchscreen. Randomly it has this really annoying problem. The screen with start zooming in and out. There are these little circles that pop up everywhere. It starts to autoclick randomly. It happens for a few seconds and then stops....
  9. stuck on pink screen

in Windows 10 Support
    stuck on pink screen: after boot, blue screen turns pink with circling dots and stays there. Hard drive light shows activity but I stay stuck on pink screen until computer auto shuts down. *Sad 55105
  10. Pink Tint on Screen - Please Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Pink Tint on Screen - Please Help: Hi I very recently got this computer and only just installed windows 8.1 yesterday. After I installed windows everything seemed to be working fine and I had no problems with the monitor. I then installed the Graphics Card Drivers and when that was all finished and I restarted...