Windows 10: Laptop screen pink and ghosting images

Discus and support Laptop screen pink and ghosting images in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I left my ASUS 2 in 1 laptop on overnight by accident when I went to bed. Battery ran out, etc. Once in a while I'd let it run out, so it's not too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wombo, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Wombo Win User

Laptop screen pink and ghosting images

I left my ASUS 2 in 1 laptop on overnight by accident when I went to bed. Battery ran out, etc. Once in a while I'd let it run out, so it's not too unusual.

When I turned on my laptop this morning, however,, my ASUS logo was all pink/purple. When it went to the float screen, everything had a purple tint. After logging on, EVERYTHING had a purple tint. When I accessed Chrome to troubleshoot the issue (then X'ed out), some sort of transparent ghosting was happening. I did not drop it or crack it or anything; I SUSPECT it could be a videocard issue. I hope it wasn't a case of overheating (might be the case, though, in which case, recommendations?)

My touch screen works fine, however. This is a relatively new PC (2 years old) and have had no major issues with it, let alone ones like this. I tried restarting but to no avail. I'm at work at the moment but when I get home I can try some solutions you guys recommend.

I haven't system restored or anything (or reinstalled Windows).

Any thoughts?

:)

Wombo, Sep 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 Version 1511 Critical Update (KB3140741)

Yep, I had no option to uninstall the update. Right-clicking did nothing. There was no uninstall button on that entire "View Installed Updates" page.

The graphics problem on my laptop seems to have corrected itself. No more pink screen and no more layered ghost images.

NickVoikos, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Display has gone dull and old screen images are ghosting

Operating Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga 500, recently the display suddenly went dull with old screen images ghosting in the background (greens and pinks). Not sure if this is a hardware or OS issue, issue seemed to coincide with a number of updates but I
    tried restoring to previous time and no joy.

Help and advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

AlisonWinch, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

Laptop screen pink and ghosting images

1. Laptop screen pink and ghosting images - Similar Threads - Laptop screen pink

2. Green/Pink Lines on my laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green/Pink Lines on my laptop screen: Hi, hope you have a good day and you are fine. So, the problem is that my laptop screen shows weird lines horizonatally I even reinstalled the whole windows and cleared the whole drive but still it is not going away. Once, I was just listening to music and then suddenly the...
  3. Green/Pink Lines on my laptop screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Green/Pink Lines on my laptop screen: Hi, hope you have a good day and you are fine. So, the problem is that my laptop screen shows weird lines horizonatally I even reinstalled the whole windows and cleared the whole drive but still it is not going away. Once, I was just listening to music and then suddenly the...
  4. Laptop Ghosting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Ghosting: Hello Microsoft! I recently purchased a new surface laptop from Harvey Norman as my old one continuously malfunctioned. This laptop is only a month old and yet I am experiencing issues. The laptop seems to be ghosting or I think that is the problem as images from 5 minutes...
  5. Ghost images

Ghost images: After about 2 hours of use my screen retains a ghost image of any document that is then closed. Even when open and you scroll through the document an image of the text remains as the rest of the document moves thereby making working impossible. I use two screens and the...
  6. Pink Screen

Pink Screen: My display is not normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pink-screen/5976528c-151b-497a-9d85-be08dba317c0
  7. Ghost Image on many menus and screens including the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ghost Image on many menus and screens including the desktop: on many menus and screens including the desktop. I've tried the some of the options mentioned on the forum related to removing the drivers but there in not difference even after following those steps. Can anyone help me out with this. [ATTACH]...
  8. Ghost file image on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ghost file image on screen: Hello, calling on site techs to help me solve a puzzle . For the last couple of weeks, when Ive had a image or video file on my screen, and deleted it, ghost image of file remains . No true image , just file . When I try to delete it, a dialogue box comes up that says, file...
  9. Ghost Image on Home Screen

Ghost Image on Home Screen: A long time ago I apparently added a calendar app that displayed on my home screen. After "removing" it a gray, ghost image remained that I was unable to delete. It remains active, displaying the date. I have not been able to identify its source in settings including...
  10. Ghost imaging

Ghost imaging: the subsystem needed to support the image type is not present https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/ghost-imaging/bd92ec32-e15d-402e-a778-413bd75f2858

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pink ghosting on laptop