Windows 10: Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source

Discus and support Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo ideapad 130-15AST Laptop with Windows 10 it's brand new, well I bought it back in the Summer 2019 and rarely use it. However, I need it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Honest&IntegrityAutoTech, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source

I have a Lenovo ideapad 130-15AST Laptop with Windows 10 it's brand new, well I bought it back in the Summer 2019 and rarely use it. However, I need it really bad now and I am using it as I type this question I'm not using my cell phone. So I used it last month and every time I Boot-Up this thing or fire it up I always check for Windows Updates or BIOS Update even if it doesn't notify me first I'll still check. So last month when I logged-on there was a new Windows 10 BIOS Update Utility of Version 8ZCN24WW and that was on 12/5/19. So now as I'm logged into my Microsoft account I'm typing this from the laptop in question which, I hit the power key and it typically takes only 2-3 minutes to land on my Security Key page. Well it was beyond 5 minutes and my screen is still as black as it was when I pried my laptop open. So I grabbed the power cord and plug it in and BOOM - my screen lights up my room like my condo view of Dallas skyline with my Homepage and that was over 2 hours ago, when I unplug it as I'm certain it's at 100% charge the screen goes black. I've had to keep the plug in the power cord until I finish this here. One more thing I've noticed as well is the battery icon isn't in the taskbar. It's gone and I've never noticed that missing. I literally have to unplug it to turn off the screen, however of course I'll try shutting it down like normal from the Start menu. But can someone Please guide me onto the right path of instruction or tell me that BIOS Update did not fry my new laptop?? Oh one more tid bit of info, I take pics of all my updates and it's quite the possibility for this very reason here and now. But I found another Windows Update installed on 8/30/19 of Version 1909 with OS build - 18363.535. There that's enough, too much but there's got to be a way out of this Power & Display Adapters mode. Thank you in advance to anyone with some words of wisdom. Have a great Sunday night, God Bless!

:)

Honest&IntegrityAutoTech, Jan 26, 2020

2. Windows won't boot up when unplug laptop power source

The problem is that, if i didn't unplug the power source from the laptop(ie : i just leave it connected to the power source) the laptop can boot just fine. The problem happens when i unplug the power source, and plug in back with the power source, the laptop
    will go black screen after the acer logo

AmuroHirai, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source

Recently my HP Notebook will not charge above 0%. It turns on when plugged in to power source but instantly turns off when disconnected from the charger. Any information regarding this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!

CourtneyNorman, Jan 26, 2020
  4. curious Win User

Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source

Black screen when powering on PC. Fixed by removing power plug, plugging back

I have a weird problem with my desktop PC. Sometimes (not all the time), after I power up the PC, the display shows a black screen. Nothing shows up. The PC was powered on successfully as I can see the LEDs light up on the casing. To fix this problem, I pressed and hold the power button to shut down the PC first, then removed the power plug. Wait for a pop sound, then plug back the power plug. After doing these steps, the PC boots up normally and the monitor shows the BIOS boot up screen.

I am running Windows 10.

PC configuration:
    - AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
    - Nvidia GT 710
    - Motherboard B450 Aorus pro Wifi
    - DDR4 RAM 16Gbyte 2133Mhz clock
    - SSD 1 Terabyte

curious, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source

1. Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source - Similar Threads - Laptop screen powers

2. Laptop powering on and off by itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop powering on and off by itself?: Recently, my laptop has developed a rather irritating issue where it will not power on, power off, or sleep properly. The list of symptoms are as follows:If the laptop is powered off while plugged in, it will not boot properly while still plugged in. It will run the BIOS and...
  3. Laptop powering on and off by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop powering on and off by itself?: Recently, my laptop has developed a rather irritating issue where it will not power on, power off, or sleep properly. The list of symptoms are as follows:If the laptop is powered off while plugged in, it will not boot properly while still plugged in. It will run the BIOS and...
  4. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  5. Laptop powers off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop powers off: Windows Version 20H2 Problem: Whenever I try to sign out of my user account, restart the computer or shut it down things that require an user sign out the laptop completely powers off without a blue screen crash or an error code. In the event logger the only things it...
  6. Laptop not working without power source

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not working without power source: Here is the thing before you guys try to suggest any fix: - I have tried all method online. My battery is 100% fully charged. I try disable/able uninstall/reinstall battery module in device management, disable fast startup, ect... - My battery is still healthy it was...
  7. Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source: Recently my HP Notebook will not charge above 0%. It turns on when plugged in to power source but instantly turns off when disconnected from the charger. Any information regarding this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!...
  8. Laptop does not power off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop does not power off: My HP Envy 15 Laptop does not power off when shut down command is given. I am running on Windows 10 Home Edition. Is there a way to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-does-not-power-off/e2296a11-746d-4651-8e88-e937362ffd4b
  9. Keeping power source ON

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keeping power source ON: Hi, In my desktop computer, SMPS is of Cooler Master GX 650W and UPS is of APC Back-UPS 600. Please elaborate and guide me. After turning off computer, if I never turn off UPS or I rarely turn off UPS, will that be any negative impact on any components of CPU or in...
  10. "Power Off" monitor on a laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Power Off" monitor on a laptop?: I was asked if the "power off monitor" after a designated time option is available on a laptop like it is for a desktop. I don't have a laptop to try so I need assistance on this. Jack 84361