Windows 10: Laptop screen rapidly flashing from open window to desktop.

Discus and support Laptop screen rapidly flashing from open window to desktop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday, I noticed a bunch of red pixels on my screen. They weren't flashing or moving, they were just solid red pixels. After restarting my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Awesomeness278, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Laptop screen rapidly flashing from open window to desktop.

Yesterday, I noticed a bunch of red pixels on my screen. They weren't flashing or moving, they were just solid red pixels. After restarting my computer, it seemed like it was fixed. However, today, I booted up my computer and I could see my desktop through the login screen. I logged in, then opened google, and I could see my desktop through google. Also, my screen was constantly flashing. Does anyone have any ideas to fix this problem?

:)

Awesomeness278, Dec 10, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Dec 10, 2020
  3. windows 10 flashing desktop screen

Hi this happened to me yesterday. I have an Acer Apsire V and after downloading Windows 10 my desktop would not fully load as well as it would rapidly flash. I went through several threads and called the Microsoft hotline to no avail. Finally, I contacted
    someone on tumblr who had the same problem as I and she said it had to do with Norton Security. Here is the link to the solution:

As Dreams Are Made

I will also post the solution here in case you do not want to open the link.

Hello!

There is actually a simple solution to stop the screen from flashing.

Step 1: Open Task Manager. You can do this by hitting ctrl+alt+delete and selecting Task Manager from the list that appears

Step 2: In the top left corner, hit “File” and select “run new task” from the drop down menu.

Step 3: Type “msconfig” into the box.

Step 4: A new box will open. In this new box, select the Service tab.

Step 5: Scroll through the list and search for “problem reports and solutions control panel support” and “windows error report service.”

Step 6: Disable the two items by clicking the checked box beside them. The check should disappear.

Step 7: Click Apply, then click OK.

Step 8: You may be prompted to restart your computer. This is not necessary, but definitely recommended.

If your computer uses Norton Antivirus, upon restart, it will probably be a good idea to update the Norton program (hopefully the program will prompt you to update). If you do not use Norton, you still might want to run an antivirus scan and even perhaps
    an anti malware scan.

After that, your PC should be in good shape. Enjoy Windows 10! And remember, if you don’t like it, I’ve read that for a month you have the option to revert back to your old OS. If you want to, a quick internet search will bring up an easy step by step process
    (but remember to always back up your info before switching an OS!!).

Hope everything starts working again! Have a good night!

AmySchlegel, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Deb H Win User

Laptop screen rapidly flashing from open window to desktop.

After Windows 10 install, screen flashes rapidly

Desktop flashes rapidly after Windows 10 install. I can get task manager up by hitting Ctrl + Alt + Del, but don't know what to do after that. The screen stops flashing briefly if I end a task - which I can only do by very quickly trying to click on
    a task and End Tasking. Then it starts blinking again. HELP!

Deb H, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Laptop screen rapidly flashing from open window to desktop.

1. Laptop screen rapidly flashing from open window to desktop. - Similar Threads - Laptop screen rapidly

2. After booting , my pc screen flashes very rapidly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After booting , my pc screen flashes very rapidly.: As soon as I boot my Windows 11 pc , when the lock screen appears , the screen starts flashing rapidly and goes blank. When i move my cursor rapidly , then i am able to see bits of screen .Then i somehow manage to restart my pc and then it works fine. But everytime I have to...
  3. After booting , my pc screen flashes very rapidly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After booting , my pc screen flashes very rapidly.: As soon as I boot my Windows 11 pc , when the lock screen appears , the screen starts flashing rapidly and goes blank. When i move my cursor rapidly , then i am able to see bits of screen .Then i somehow manage to restart my pc and then it works fine. But everytime I have to...
  4. Flashing Screen, HP Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flashing Screen, HP Laptop: I’ve a friend with an HP laptop Windows 10, about 18 months old, with a flashing screen problem that started before Xmas. Can’t see any software installed around that date and running Taskmaster, the flashing continues Internet says this indicates not a software problem....
  5. Windows 10 - white box rapidly flashes on screen

Windows 10 - white box rapidly flashes on screen: Since the Windows 10 update last Thursday my Dell has developed an issue with a white square that rapidly flashes up on my screen, repeatedly but randomly. It can flash quickly in rapid succession, or just once. It can be seconds apart, or considerable minutes apart. Often...
  6. Desktop opening page flashes at start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop opening page flashes at start-up: What could be the matter with my laptop? When I try to start it, it flashes off and on. I cannot get it to respond to anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-opening-page-flashes-at-start-up/a27a3df2-3df8-4552-b93f-738659e623f1
  7. Windows 1 desktop not loading, flashing screen

Windows 1 desktop not loading, flashing screen: Ever since last week's update the one that was going to address the fake signatures I suppose? I've been having a problem with Windows 10. At first it was just a black screen with a white bar what is supposed to be the taskbar, which under normal circumstances is hidden...
  8. Opening desktop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening desktop screen: Since the last update, my desktop won't show up with the specific folders and apps I had on it. The only thing I can get to is a list or the Windows Tiles screen. I want my old settings back. Help please!...
  9. HP Laptop flashing screen

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop flashing screen: Good day to all. I have a HP laptop running the uptown date windows 10. Nine times out of ten then I connect an external drive to the USB port I get a browny colour flash on the screen and also when removing. Have checked all the latest HP updates from the HP website but no...
  10. flashing desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    flashing desktop: I have a Lenovo ideapad S510p touch. Yesterday I went to use it and updates were installing so I waited and waited. After awhile, nothing else happened. I waited some more. Waiting. Nothing. Finally I restarted and after signing in and I just got a flashing half-filled-out...