Windows 10: Laptop Screen Simple Fix (Need Ideas)

Discus and support Laptop Screen Simple Fix (Need Ideas) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The clip that holds my laptop screen together is broken. I dropped my laptop once and it dented one small space where there has to be a laptop clip.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zomboromano, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Laptop Screen Simple Fix (Need Ideas)

The clip that holds my laptop screen together is broken. I dropped my laptop once and it dented one small space where there has to be a laptop clip. This clip keeps the screen together and now there is a large gap.
    If I press it together, it clips back it and keeps together. The problem is, the clip comes apart after a short amount of time.
    I know a small piece of tape might work, but I would prefer to keep the screen together with something that looks a little better and is more permanent.
    Is there any type of glue, or anything that I could use to fill that small dent and keep the screen together? I'm not sure the best type of glue to use around electronic parts.

:)

zomboromano, Jan 29, 2017
  2. PCC Heath Win User

Can I get the free Windows 10 upgrade for a "clean" PC?

Hi Russell, I recently ran into a problem with a similar dell. Turned out the laptop would display on a connected monitor with Windows 10 but not the laptop screen. It was a simple fix, the Dell bios needed upgraded. You may want to try that

PCC Heath, Jan 29, 2017
  3. HermanVU Win User
    Simple sound fix not simple, not a clear simple fix

Simple sound fix not simple, not a clear simple fix. Every once in awhile, the sound to the TV through the HDMI stops and I only get the low volume from the laptop. This happens once every few months so I never can remember how to fix it among all the
    other problems. Obviously it should be a very simple, very clear simple fix. But if not, what do I do to fix it?

Also, I just noticed that it is unclear how to simply to post a question. After typing all this, it appears there is no clearly applicable category available for this question. Who are these people I am dealing with anyway?

HermanVU, Jan 29, 2017
  4. Laptop Screen Simple Fix (Need Ideas)

zomboromano, Jan 29, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    If that small dent in the edge is the problem you should get a new cover/panel for it, shouldn't be much. I did an HP a few months ago and the cover was less than $30US. Or you could try to get some hot glue in it using a glue gun, watch the fingers.

Berton, Jan 29, 2017
  6. I have some desktop skills but no laptop skills. Wouldn't know how to take it off and put it back on and would worry about damage. That's why I'm looking for a quick fix. Didn't know if hot glue was the best solution or not

zomboromano, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Screen Simple Fix (Need Ideas)

1. Laptop Screen Simple Fix (Need Ideas) - Similar Threads - Laptop Screen Simple

2. Help laptop screen is flickering lenovo idea pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help laptop screen is flickering lenovo idea pad: Laptop screen keeps flickering think its my driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-laptop-screen-is-flickering-lenovo-idea-pad/82dd5eeb-77f7-44fd-a38c-79b4887c64bc
  3. Any idea on a fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any idea on a fix?: My computer completly freezes for a couple of seconds and my audio turns off for a few seconds aswell. A few seconds later everything gets connected back and my computer unfreezes. It happens whenever no matter what I'am doing. But when im playing rust im gettting an error...
  4. Any idea on a fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any idea on a fix?: My computer completly freezes for a couple of seconds and my audio turns off for a few seconds aswell. A few seconds later everything gets connected back and my computer unfreezes. It happens whenever no matter what I'am doing. But when im playing rust im gettting an error...
  5. Any idea how to fix this.?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea how to fix this.?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/varanofficial [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hclw0u/any_idea_how_to_fix_this/
  6. Any idea how to fix this??

Any idea how to fix this??: [ATTACH] So I was having fun playing rainbow six and after i quit to desktop.Boom,suddenly my shortcut turns out to be like this any idea how i can fix it back to normal?...
  7. Any ideas how to fix this?

Any ideas how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tgmcniff [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ehmiq6/any_ideas_how_to_fix_this/
  8. Any ideas how to fix?

Any ideas how to fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jenowagner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpd4kq/any_ideas_how_to_fix/
  9. Simple problem, impossible to fix.

Simple problem, impossible to fix.: I have sound blaster speakers a that connect via USB to the pc, the sound comes out the wrong side. No, my speakers are the right way arround i get the same problem when i connect my heaphones to the connected hub. I have tried re-installing windows, re-installing drivers...
  10. No idea how to fix this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No idea how to fix this: I tried to restore my computer when it wouldn't show my files on my connectable hard drive. It says it couldn't restore that their was a error. So went online seeing that automatic repair could fix the problem yet that failed too. I dont know what to do since all my system...