Windows 10: Laptop screen turns black when left idle and becomes unresponsive.

Discus and support Laptop screen turns black when left idle and becomes unresponsive. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop scrres turns black when i leave it idle for a while after using it then the screen turns unresponsive. All i get is a black screen and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by User_2000, Mar 3, 2019.

1. User_2000 Win User

Laptop screen turns black when left idle and becomes unresponsive.

Laptop scrres turns black when i leave it idle for a while after using it then the screen turns unresponsive.

All i get is a black screen and nothing works.

The knlo way i can use it again is if I shut it down using the power button and then switch it back on.

Its happened multiple times......

Pls help

:)

User_2000, Mar 3, 2019

2. Computer is unresponsive after sitting idle

My laptop screen goes black after sitting idle or when i close the lid. Sleep and hibernation are disabled but laptop becomes unresponsive.

hasanani96, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Virus-j Win User
    Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Laptop screen turns black when left idle and becomes unresponsive.

Windows 10 troubleshooting & black screen

Im having a similar problem ever since i installed windows 10. Three scenarios all leading to unresponsive black screen with no mouse pointer, only responsive to power button. Left in idle, computer will go black screen unresponsive. If i close the lid(laptop)
    and open it up again computer will go unresponsive. Also, if i perform a regular shut down function computer will go black screen unresponsive. This is a major difficulty.. i have to keep using the power button to turn it off then back on every single time
    XD!!!! probably happened 6 times by now. since yesterday, what a pain. Thanks ^_-!

MaxSwanson, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Laptop screen turns black when left idle and becomes unresponsive.

1. Laptop screen turns black when left idle and becomes unresponsive. - Similar Threads - Laptop screen turns

2. Windows hangs when left idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows hangs when left idle: Hi, I started getting this weird bug, if I let mi PC idle for a few minutes when trying to work ok it again it "hangs" i can still move the mouse, interact with the previously opened windows (kinda) but cannot open new programs, actualize a page on chrome, open the start...
  3. When unplug laptop, windows become unresponsive

When unplug laptop, windows become unresponsive: Hello! When I unplug my laptop from the power outlet, the windows become almost unresponsive. With almost I mean that that the mouse cursor disappears and all keyboard commands are performed at least 5 (and up to 30) seconds later. Interestingly, when press ctrl+alt+del all...
  4. Left Laptop on idle on Desktop, then BSOD

Left Laptop on idle on Desktop, then BSOD: Hi Ten Forums I need some help with a recent BSOD on my new laptop, as the title suggests I was on my laptop which I left idle with the opera browser on. Then it crashed, I have just recently purchased this at the beginning of the month, and I had my first BSOD on a Dell G5...
  5. Windows 10 pc's screen turn black, unresponsive

Windows 10 pc's screen turn black, unresponsive: Hello, I know multiple questions were asked about windows 10 black screen but I didn't find a solution that fit my problem. Long story short, This mostly happens while I play a video game, My computer screen turns black the computer itself is still on(mouse and keyboard...
  6. Black unresponsive screen when launching war thunder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black unresponsive screen when launching war thunder: I have played war thunder on my new PC since Christmas when I got it. It has worked fine, like everything else, until four days ago when instead of launching the game after pressing the "play" button in the launcher, a black screen appears after a slight but alarming delay....
  7. Laptop screen black and unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen black and unresponsive: I downloaded windows 10 and all had been running smoothly, however, when I turned my laptop on this morning my background was black and about 20 new icons had appeared on the desktop all of which were just white and blank, i normally only have rhe recycle bin. i tried to run...
  8. ModernUI becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    ModernUI becomes unresponsive: Gaming PC, usual response after gaming for 1 hour or more. Can't click on Start tile, no apps will launch (Mail, Edge, etc.) can double-click program icons to run Windows applications. Usually fix by CTRL/ALT/DEL, log out then restart. Win10 16299.192 GeForce 390.65...
  9. Windows 10 black screening after being left idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 black screening after being left idle: I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but whenever my PC is left idle for more than 8 or so hours, it will randomly black screen with no cursor. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing, CTRL Shift ESC does nothing and the only way to fix it is to hard reset my computer. It...
  10. Screen never turns off when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen never turns off when idle: I've just upgraded my win 7 installation to win 10. The power and sleep setting was carried over, turn off screen after 5 minutes, but the monitors stay on forever. I checked the network adapters in the device manager (BT personal area network, BT RFCOMM, Realtek PCIe GBE...