Windows 10: Laptop screen turns black when left idle and becomes unresponsive.

Discus and support Laptop screen turns black when left idle and becomes unresponsive. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop scrres turns black when i leave it idle for a while after using it then the screen turns unresponsive. All i get is a black screen and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by User_2000, Mar 3, 2019.

1. User_2000 Win User

Laptop screen turns black when left idle and becomes unresponsive.

Laptop scrres turns black when i leave it idle for a while after using it then the screen turns unresponsive.

All i get is a black screen and nothing works.

The knlo way i can use it again is if I shut it down using the power button and then switch it back on.

Its happened multiple times......

Pls help

:)

User_2000, Mar 3, 2019

2. Computer is unresponsive after sitting idle

My laptop screen goes black after sitting idle or when i close the lid. Sleep and hibernation are disabled but laptop becomes unresponsive.

hasanani96, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Virus-j Win User
    Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Laptop screen turns black when left idle and becomes unresponsive.

Windows 10 troubleshooting & black screen

Im having a similar problem ever since i installed windows 10. Three scenarios all leading to unresponsive black screen with no mouse pointer, only responsive to power button. Left in idle, computer will go black screen unresponsive. If i close the lid(laptop)
    and open it up again computer will go unresponsive. Also, if i perform a regular shut down function computer will go black screen unresponsive. This is a major difficulty.. i have to keep using the power button to turn it off then back on every single time
    XD!!!! probably happened 6 times by now. since yesterday, what a pain. Thanks ^_-!

MaxSwanson, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Laptop screen turns black when left idle and becomes unresponsive.

1. Laptop screen turns black when left idle and becomes unresponsive. - Similar Threads - Laptop screen turns

2. left side of laptop screen unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left side of laptop screen unresponsive: My keyboard is working properly but when trying to click on the left side of my laptop screen everything is unresponsive but when I shorten the page to the right side of the screen everything works on that side also laptop is not touchscreen...
  3. My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...: Windows 10 ProAMD Ryzen 9 5900xMAG X570 Tomahawk wifi moboEVGA 3080 FTW3 UltraGSkill Trident 2x16GB RAMSamsung 970 EVO plus SSDI have a desktop that I've built that is about 3 years old and this past few months have been crashing frequently. I would leave the computer on over...
  4. My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...: Windows 10 ProAMD Ryzen 9 5900xMAG X570 Tomahawk wifi moboEVGA 3080 FTW3 UltraGSkill Trident 2x16GB RAMSamsung 970 EVO plus SSDI have a desktop that I've built that is about 3 years old and this past few months have been crashing frequently. I would leave the computer on over...
  5. My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 computer freezes and becomes unresponsive when idle

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 computer freezes and becomes unresponsive when idle: Does your Windows 10 PC freeze when it is idle and becomes unresponsive? Multiple reasons can cause Windows 10 to hang after a period of inactivity. It can be due to insufficient RAM, too many processes running on your computer, outdated device drivers, or an errant process!...
  7. PC Black screening and becoming unresponsive

PC Black screening and becoming unresponsive: Hello, My PC has been black screening for awhile during games and I don't know the solution. It does this during games, but windows also sometimes becomes unresponsive in which the only solution is to manually turn off the PC. I'm using an Inno3d RTX 3070 chill x3, a ryzen...
  8. PC Becomes unresponsive and goes to black screen

PC Becomes unresponsive and goes to black screen: Sometimes when gaming on my custom built PC it will go to a black screen and the fans will ramp up to 100%. I have to turn my PSU on and off because the keyboard, mouse, and power button are unresponsive. This mostly only happens when playing intensive games and i already...
  9. Laptop with Black Screen of Death when left Idle on chargning

Laptop with Black Screen of Death when left Idle on chargning: Hi Team, I use a HP Pavilion 15-cc-134 tx 8GB ram, Nividia 940MX 4GB internal graphics I am experiencing black screen of death error when I left my laptop on charge and left Idle I tried: 1. Changing my power options 2. Disabling the laptop to sleep when connected to...
  10. Laptop screen black and unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen black and unresponsive: I downloaded windows 10 and all had been running smoothly, however, when I turned my laptop on this morning my background was black and about 20 new icons had appeared on the desktop all of which were just white and blank, i normally only have rhe recycle bin. i tried to run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop power light is on and unresponsive after idle

2. screen changes to black background after sitting idel

3. when screen turns back on after idle colouyrs