Windows 10: Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black

Discus and support Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 on Sunday and all was well. When I went to log in on Monday the laptop screen was completely black. It sounded like it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by macca, Aug 24, 2015.

1. macca Win User

Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black

Hi

I upgraded to Windows 10 on Sunday and all was well. When I went to log in on Monday the laptop screen was completely black. It sounded like it was working ok but I couldn't see anything (not even the cursor).
    I plugged an external monitor in and that was ok. I tried going onto the display and extending it (as I do when I have 2 screens working) but that did no good. Have tried a few things but the laptop screen is still black.
    Any help would be gratefully received

Thanks

:)

macca, Aug 24, 2015

2. I upgraded my laptop with windows 10 and now it doesn't start

I upgraded my laptop with windows 10 and now my laptop doesn't work. After the upgration, my laptop reboot and stopped at the black screen with a dash sigh on the left at the top.

Sooo frustrating... And now Microsoft will provide somebody to repair? How about all my files... I want a solution for this **** NOW Microsoft...

danielamatarazzo, Aug 24, 2015
  3. chnish Win User
    After resetting the laptop, it doesn’t start. It shows a black screen.

I decided to reset my laptop because it was working really slow after the new update. It was good for the first few days but after that it became really slow. Sometimes when I turned my laptop on it would just show a black screen.

Now I’m resetting it but the laptop is showing a black screen again. It showed that it was resetting it, with the percentage and all at the side, but now it’s just a black screen. I don’t if it has completed the reset procedure.

chnish, Aug 24, 2015
  4. Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black

Have you tried putting your PC to sleep and then waking it. This works for me (blank screen on bootup, no cursor). What graphics card have you got?

Win10warrior, Aug 26, 2015
  5. macca Win User
    Hi - Thanks for your reply and I have sorted it out now. Another thread said press tab and enter my password (into a black screen) and then wait....eventually the screen came back and has been ok since.
    Appreciate your reply though.....

macca, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black

1. Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black - Similar Threads - Laptop screen was

2. Black screen after turning the laptop on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after turning the laptop on: Hi, i was just cleaning my dirty laptop fans, everything seemed fine, even checked if its working by turning on the laptop before puting the back cover on, turned laptop off again and puted on the back cover. When I turned the laptop on after 10mins its only showing black...
  3. Black screen after turning the laptop on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after turning the laptop on: Hi, i was just cleaning my dirty laptop fans, everything seemed fine, even checked if its working by turning on the laptop before puting the back cover on, turned laptop off again and puted on the back cover. When I turned the laptop on after 10mins its only showing black...
  4. Black screen after turning the laptop on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after turning the laptop on.: So i used my laptop normally and i closed it and it went into sleep mode.After that it randomly turned on and i opened it and saw the screen is black and i closed it again and it turned off.Now when i try to turn it on its just a black screen the fans are on and everything...
  5. System upgraded now every screen background is black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System upgraded now every screen background is black: A day or two back, my system had an upgrade to perform when I turned it on. Now every program's background is black with very harsh colours and highlighting - takes me back to PCDos days - per attached. Previously, Windows and all programs just used the default appearances....
  6. Laptop screen black after update

Laptop screen black after update: So I was updating windows from 1903 to 20H2 I deleted a bunch of file due to storage then waited a long time then after I turned on my laptop the screen was black the power button shows it on but wont display anything Did I delete something that windows needed? I don't...
  7. Black screen but the laptop is still working ...

Black screen but the laptop is still working ...: I have a question concerning another situation with my laptop. My screen goes to black 5 minutes after no activities and i could put it back up just by pressing on any keys from the keyboard. Now I can't turn the screen up back but I still can hear the laptop working in the...
  8. black screen after upgrading

black screen after upgrading: hi i had a very old 32 bit system which was running windows 7 and working great,but the idea dawned on me to upgrade to windows 10 for the security updates so i ran the setup like so: i downloaded the media creation tool followed the instructions and pressed on the option...
  9. Start Button Not Working, Now Screen is Black

Start Button Not Working, Now Screen is Black: Hello, After a Microsoft update to my Windows 10 system I noticed my, "Start" button does not do a thing. I click it and nothing happens. I tried rebooting and now I get a black screen after signing on so I cannot even get to my home page anymore. Not the blue screen of...
  10. Screens now black after update

Screens now black after update: I had a techie update my 10 system to the latest (1903) but now most of my screens are black, particularly my desktop. Are there new commands in this build or something? I'm assuming it is to do with high contrast but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Before the update I...