Windows 10: Laptop seemingly deleted all its accounts after crashing

Discus and support Laptop seemingly deleted all its accounts after crashing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It crashed while I was using some editing software, so I'm not sure if the cause was me just overworking the laptop, or if I managed to download a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bumthepizzaguy, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Laptop seemingly deleted all its accounts after crashing

It crashed while I was using some editing software, so I'm not sure if the cause was me just overworking the laptop, or if I managed to download a virus along with all the sound effects from YouTube I was recklessly downloading using sketchy websites (By all means call me out for how dumb I am).

After Booting up the laptop again it said it was going to make some repairs, when I clicked on the button to do so some progress bars appeared (I'm assuming these were tied to the repairs the laptop was making for itself), after this I was told to create a new account, loading the laptop as if I were using the laptop for the first time again. when I finally made said new account the home page was without the original other 2 accounts and have I no way of accessing them.

when I look into the files the only user file available is the new one I was forced to make when booting the laptop back up. all the apps that were installed are also gone.

Either way this is a big lesson in backing up my files properly

submitted by /u/Bumthepizzaguy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bumthepizzaguy, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Attempts to delete account result in freeze.

I'm trying to remove a user account off a Toshiba laptop but each time I try to delete the account, the User Accounts thingy freezes. Any ideas on how to delete the account?

beyond_amusia, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Laptop seemingly deleted all its accounts after crashing

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Laptop seemingly deleted all its accounts after crashing

1. Laptop seemingly deleted all its accounts after crashing - Similar Threads - Laptop seemingly deleted

2. My laptop has been hacked with all its Files and accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has been hacked with all its Files and accounts: My laptop has been hacked with all its data accounts etc and apps dont open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-been-hacked-with-all-its-files-and/51c2e0f1-f031-4e1e-b657-fc135fef2b05
  3. My laptop has been hacked with all its Files and accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has been hacked with all its Files and accounts: My laptop has been hacked with all its data accounts etc and apps dont open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-been-hacked-with-all-its-files-and/51c2e0f1-f031-4e1e-b657-fc135fef2b05
  4. Microsoft account seems to be deleted

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft account seems to be deleted: Hello, I'm posting using my second account. My main account seemingly out of nowhere been deleted and is gone. First time when i tried to log in , Microsoft doesn't recognize the account at all and told me that the account does not exist. It might be because of a incident...
  5. Microsoft account seems to be deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account seems to be deleted: Hello, I'm posting using my second account. My main account seemingly out of nowhere been deleted and is gone. First time when i tried to log in , Microsoft doesn't recognize the account at all and told me that the account does not exist. It might be because of a incident...
  6. Microsoft account seems to be deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My laptop keys all seem to be jumbled

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop keys all seem to be jumbled: On my HP Pavilion notebook the keys are all jumbled up. Some keys on click are a totally different letter. Some keys on click enter multiple times. Some keys don't work at all. I tried an external keyboard, which works fine. The keys don't work when in safe mode...
  8. Laptop crashed and programs were deleted after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop crashed and programs were deleted after an update: Hello, I have an HP laptop that is about a year old. I have Microsoft 365 installed as well as a few other applications. Recently a family member clicked on an Update request from Microsoft. The computer was updating for some time. When it stopped, all of our documents, data...
  9. Laptop fans seemed to be running all the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop fans seemed to be running all the time: Good day to all. My son has a HP255G6 laptop its about 18 months old working okay. 8gb ram 250ssd, Lately the issue is the fans are running most of the time. He has cleaned the outlet on the side of the laptop and sprayed the compressed air that you can purchase for pc...
  10. Windows 10 seemingly reset my user account and deleted all my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 seemingly reset my user account and deleted all my data?: Hi, I've just experienced something particularly weird. Windows Explorer was responding very slowly throughout the day, so I tried to fix this with a reboot. Previously, I read here that Cortana may have something to do with this, so I tried the recommended fix by...