Windows 10: Laptop seems to be in Recovery mode - what now?

Discus and support Laptop seems to be in Recovery mode - what now? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One of my laptops, which was working fine the other day when I last used it, seems to have encountered an issue overnight. When I got up, I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RhinoCan, May 19, 2019.

1. RhinoCan Win User

Laptop seems to be in Recovery mode - what now?

One of my laptops, which was working fine the other day when I last used it, seems to have encountered an issue overnight. When I got up, I found myself on a screen that said "Choose an option", which gives me the options of Continue, Use a Device, Troubleshoot, and Turn off your PC.

If I choose Continue, it tries to go on and winds up back on the same "Choose an option" screen. If I choose Turn off PC, it turns it off but on my next reboot, I just wind up back in the same spot.

Obviously, I need to choose one of the other two options but I don't know which one to choose or what to do when I'm in there. I haven't the foggiest idea what is wrong. I haven't seen any kind of BSOD or error message so I don't know where to begin to find out what's wrong.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

:)

RhinoCan, May 19, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Laptop will not boot at all, not even from DVD

Hi, this is read from an HP forum, not ASUS- I've no idea if it applies.. but you can try it!
    Here are the steps:

1. Turn off the computer.
    2. Hold down the windows key + b and power on the laptop without letting go.
    3. Here's the magic: while holding down windows key + b, then press F2.
    4. The laptop will enter BIOS recovery mode, and you should be all set from there.

dalchina, May 19, 2019
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, May 19, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop seems to be in Recovery mode - what now? - Similar Threads - Laptop seems Recovery

2. Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?: My Surface Pro 8 or 9 I think is locked and in recovery mode and is requiring a Bitlocker key to unlock. I do not have a key and I do not have a personal Microsoft account only a work-related one. I have never signed into my work related Microsoft account on this Surface so...
  3. Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?: My Surface Pro 8 or 9 I think is locked and in recovery mode and is requiring a Bitlocker key to unlock. I do not have a key and I do not have a personal Microsoft account only a work-related one. I have never signed into my work related Microsoft account on this Surface so...
  4. Windows seems to malfunction on Normal mode now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows seems to malfunction on Normal mode now: So last night I noticed that I can't properly restart my PC, the restart screen was showing but after that, it just stays black. Mouse/Keyboard and monitor is off, PC fans are running. The way for me to restart is the reset button on the case.I tried Safe mode, it doesn't...
  5. Windows seems to malfunction on Normal mode now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows seems to malfunction on Normal mode now: So last night I noticed that I can't properly restart my PC, the restart screen was showing but after that, it just stays black. Mouse/Keyboard and monitor is off, PC fans are running. The way for me to restart is the reset button on the case.I tried Safe mode, it doesn't...
  6. Recovery mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery mode: Turn my custom pc on after replacing fan and it turns on pop asus logo quickly then says error 0xc00014c keyboard doesnt register anyinput whatsoever and then loops bacl to a black screen for a minute or two jist to repeat same thing over and over...
  7. Laptop always boots into recovery mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop always boots into recovery mode: Whenever I start my computer, the windows always boots into recovery mode and then I have to click Continue to Windows and everything else works fine. I have already reset my computer but have no luck with it....
  8. Laptop stuck on recovery mode

Laptop stuck on recovery mode: My Acer laptop is stuck on recovery mode tried factory resetting it was rape action recovery mode pretty quick restart goes way back to recovery mode try to check on files brings it back to recovery mode what can I do...
  9. HP Laptop stuck in Recovery Mode

HP Laptop stuck in Recovery Mode: Hello I just turned on my laptop and this message popped up. I can't login. It gave me an error code 0x000000f. What should I do? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-stuck-in-recovery-mode/ebfe46d5-163b-47d1-aaf8-e67bc179bdf2
  10. HP laptop stuck in Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop stuck in Recovery Mode: Hello I just turned on my laptop and now it's stuck in Recovery. I can't login. It gave me an error code 0x000000f. What should I do? Enter, F1 and F8 don't seem to work either. 119627