Windows 10: Laptop seems to be in Recovery mode - what now?

Discus and support Laptop seems to be in Recovery mode - what now? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One of my laptops, which was working fine the other day when I last used it, seems to have encountered an issue overnight. When I got up, I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RhinoCan, May 19, 2019.

1. RhinoCan Win User

Laptop seems to be in Recovery mode - what now?

One of my laptops, which was working fine the other day when I last used it, seems to have encountered an issue overnight. When I got up, I found myself on a screen that said "Choose an option", which gives me the options of Continue, Use a Device, Troubleshoot, and Turn off your PC.

If I choose Continue, it tries to go on and winds up back on the same "Choose an option" screen. If I choose Turn off PC, it turns it off but on my next reboot, I just wind up back in the same spot.

Obviously, I need to choose one of the other two options but I don't know which one to choose or what to do when I'm in there. I haven't the foggiest idea what is wrong. I haven't seen any kind of BSOD or error message so I don't know where to begin to find out what's wrong.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

:)

RhinoCan, May 19, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Laptop will not boot at all, not even from DVD

Hi, this is read from an HP forum, not ASUS- I've no idea if it applies.. but you can try it!
    Here are the steps:

1. Turn off the computer.
    2. Hold down the windows key + b and power on the laptop without letting go.
    3. Here's the magic: while holding down windows key + b, then press F2.
    4. The laptop will enter BIOS recovery mode, and you should be all set from there.

dalchina, May 19, 2019
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, May 19, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop seems to be in Recovery mode - what now? - Similar Threads - Laptop seems Recovery

2. Recovery mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery mode: I have a Samsung notepad running on Windows10. When switching on it's not booting up into windows, it's telling me to press f4, then taking me to recovery mode. This laptop has all my pictures saved on it and I don't want to loose them! What should I do?...
  3. Recovery mode error 0x0000225

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery mode error 0x0000225: My pc has come up with the recovery mode error 0x0000225.To solve this,I want recovery tools so please help me to solve out this issue it's urgent tomorrow my exams start and all ebooks are saved in my pc so i have to prepare for exams.Help me...
  4. File Recovery - Seemingly Perma-deleted Library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Recovery - Seemingly Perma-deleted Library: I'm a massive idiot, I know. I essentially had two music libraries - the default system one in C:\users\x whatever, and then my own on a secondary hard disk at M:\Music. I was clearing through some stuff, and essentially deleted the wrong folder. My entire music collection...
  5. recovery mode windows 10

recovery mode windows 10: I'm trying to repair my windows 10 computer after it went to the recovery mode screen. I don't have a windows 10 installation DVD so it's stuck on that screen until I fix it. If you guys can help me I'll be so happy. Please respond soon....
  6. HP Laptop stuck in Recovery Mode

HP Laptop stuck in Recovery Mode: Hello I just turned on my laptop and this message popped up. I can't login. It gave me an error code 0x000000f. What should I do? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-stuck-in-recovery-mode/ebfe46d5-163b-47d1-aaf8-e67bc179bdf2
  7. HP laptop stuck in Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop stuck in Recovery Mode: Hello I just turned on my laptop and now it's stuck in Recovery. I can't login. It gave me an error code 0x000000f. What should I do? Enter, F1 and F8 don't seem to work either. 119627
  8. Administrator account on recovery mode

Administrator account on recovery mode: I created a system image on my external hard drive previously, now I am having trouble recovering my data. When I click system image recovery in recovery mode, it says I have no administrator accounts on this device and all I am able to do is restart. But I actually do have...
  9. Stuck in recovery mode

Stuck in recovery mode: So I used CC cleaner on my computer to fix any registry errors but then got a Bsod that said Bad_System_config_info so I followed this tutorial https://youtu.be/Wor7mASx3ws And after restarting my computer I was put into recovery mode with a screen that says "You need to...
  10. Contana now seems stupid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contana now seems stupid: Have been using Contana and liked it, had everything setup and working just the way I wanted, now....... 1. Now it won't show my local city's weather in forecast mode, yet it does for my alternate city. 2. Now it won't show scores for any of the sports teams I am...