Windows 10: Laptop sees PCs on the same network when on Ethernet but NOT when wireless?

Discus and support Laptop sees PCs on the same network when on Ethernet but NOT when wireless? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm running a Dell laptop with Windows 10. When I have it connected to the Ethernet I can see all of the other PCs and servers on the network,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Boii5, May 15, 2021.

1. Boii5 Win User

Laptop sees PCs on the same network when on Ethernet but NOT when wireless?

I'm running a Dell laptop with Windows 10. When I have it connected to the Ethernet I can see all of the other PCs and servers on the network, including itself and the router. When I disconnect the Ethernet cable the laptop only displays itself and the router. All of the PCs on the network disappear when I switch from Ethernet to Wi-Fi on this laptop. All of the network settings on every computer and laptop are the same. What am I missing here?

:)

Boii5, May 15, 2021
  2. JBG123 Win User

Using a router to connect PC with Ethernet

Well Ethernet isn't an option atm, and powerline networking depends on the wires you already have in the house (which will be very old) have any suggestions on top notch wireless network adapters?

JBG123, May 15, 2021
  3. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Laptop drops connection to wireless network randomly.

My daughter has a laptop that keeps losing it's connection to the local wireless network - any local wireless network.
    It will connect to any network, using security passwords, but then just drop off, after random amounts of time, ending in the message "The specified network is not available". A complete shutdown and cold start will allow a connection again, briefly.
    Everything works fine on wired Ethernet cable.
    Toshiba C55-C5241
    Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter

Looking for any potential fixes I have not already found on the interwebs (list below).
    When she gets here today I am going to generate a Wireless Network Report (netsh command). Let me know if it would be helpful to see that report.
    Tried:
    • Updating the driver to the most recent one on the MS Update Catalog
    • Making sure "allow the PC to put this device to sleep" is unchecked
    • All other wireless devices connect to the LAN fine
    • Move the laptop to the same room, withing 10 feet of the router.
    • Reset the router
    • Problem happens on 3 wireless LAN's.
    • Created a Guest network with no security protocols.
    • Problem happened before and after the 1903 upgrade
    • USB selective Suspend: disabled
    • Changed the Scan Valid Interval
    • Set WLAN Auto Config in Services to Auto (was on Auto)

4. Laptop sees PCs on the same network when on Ethernet but NOT when wireless?

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, May 15, 2021
Thema:

Laptop sees PCs on the same network when on Ethernet but NOT when wireless?

1. Laptop sees PCs on the same network when on Ethernet but NOT when wireless? - Similar Threads - Laptop sees PCs

2. Are my two PCs and laptop even on the same network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are my two PCs and laptop even on the same network?: Here's what I got. I know I'm in over my head and am a little overwhelmed with the various nomenclatures.Years ago, in first setting up onto the internet, I named something as "bullwinkle". Can't say if that's my modem's nickname, or my wi-fi network's name, or a network name...
  3. Are my two PCs and laptop even on the same network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are my two PCs and laptop even on the same network?: Here's what I got. I know I'm in over my head and am a little overwhelmed with the various nomenclatures.Years ago, in first setting up onto the internet, I named something as "bullwinkle". Can't say if that's my modem's nickname, or my wi-fi network's name, or a network name...
  4. Are my two PCs and laptop even on the same network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. cannot see other pcs on network????

cannot see other pcs on network????: all of a sudden, i cannot see the other 2 pcs on my network, nor can they see me. i have win 10 64 home on all, all updates as of today, have made sure 2 Function services are started, and all SMB file sharing boxes are checked in windows programs and features. i even tried...
  6. network, ethernet, wireless

network, ethernet, wireless: hello all, im having trouble with internet connections on my pc. ethernet says unidentified network, "ethernet doesnt have valid IP configuration" which started out of the blue, was working fine, and then nothing. and my wifi doesnt even appear under networks. under device...
  7. Problems discoverying PCs on same domain network

Problems discoverying PCs on same domain network: Greetings all All my PCs run W10 Pro and are on the same domain managed by a W2016 server I am not able to discover the other PCs despite all services and sharing options are running or enabled. from each PC I can see the server and the shares. on different PCs I can...
  8. Networking Glitches - 2 PCs both on Ethernet, can't see each other, different network names

Networking Glitches - 2 PCs both on Ethernet, can't see each other, different network names: I need help with a rather complicated problem. Please bear with me. I run a Verizon Fios Internet router, model G-1100. I have 2 Windows 10 PCs and a variety of other Ethernet devices, all connected to the router (and to each other) through a Netgear unmanaged Gigabit...
  9. Cannot see wireless networks

Cannot see wireless networks: I am unable to connect to the internet. The problem started after I tried to restart my network settings (for unrelated reasons). Once my computer restarted, I was no longer able to see any wireless networks in the toolbar, nor can I see any available networks to connect to...
  10. Networking ethernet and wireless

Networking ethernet and wireless: Hi I have a desktop connected by ethernet cable from which I can see the laptop when opening Network, but the wireless laptop just shows media icons from the desktop. The desktop uses Network 2 name while the laptop uses the Telstra numbers from the modem connection. IP...