Windows 10: Laptop sending out Network continously

Discus and support Laptop sending out Network continously in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, after trying to figure out why the internet connection over Wifi is so bad only on my Laptop alone instead of other devices I have noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Topotu, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Topotu Win User

Laptop sending out Network continously

Hello, after trying to figure out why the internet connection over Wifi is so bad only on my Laptop alone instead of other devices I have noticed that my Laptop is sending out a direct network at all times when connected to a Wifi Network Pic 1 Laptop sending out Network continously 7259d586-5cef-4681-8020-eeedea5afd02?upload=true.jpg and I have not found any way to turn it off."TOPOTULAPTOPHP" is the name I have given my Laptop. This is NOT the "Mobile Hotspot" direct connection as it is turned off and if turned on it disables this Network and replaces it with the mobile hotspot networkPic2 Laptop sending out Network continously 1f43bff6-1ec3-4dfc-be52-80f156f021de?upload=true.jpg . The password to this Network the Laptop is sending out is also not the one from the Mobile Hotspot.

If anyone knows what this Network is and how to disable it that would be greatly appreciated. If more info is needed I will gladly follow up.

Any help is appreciated.

-topotu

:)

Topotu, Sep 25, 2020

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Sep 25, 2020
  3. 56Kruiser Win User
    Laptop updated to 1809. Can't get WOL to send out...

Not sure the topic is exactly accurate. Here's the story:

• Have been successful sending WOL to 2 other PCs in the house
    • Had problems with laptop and sent to HP. They upgraded it to 1809
    • Now when I send WOL packets the other PCs will not wake up

Given that it was working fine on those PCs before, and the noted changes are to the PC sending the packet, I'm assuming that my sending PC needs something configured.

My searches on WOL only find stuff about setting it up on the remote PC so it will wake up.

Any suggestions about why my sending PC is not sending?

56Kruiser, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Send audio through Network Wireless?

Hi,

Turning on media streaming enables you to send your music, videos, and pictures to other devices and computers on your network, and allows you to receive media data from other devices and computers. To assist you with your concern,
    we recommend that you use Windows Media Player to set up media streaming. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type
      Windows Media Player
      and press Enter.
    • On the Menu bar, click Stream and select
      Turn on media streaming.

Once you’re done, we also suggest that you create a homegroup on your network. You can follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop sending out Network continously - Similar Threads - Laptop sending Network

2. Laptop fan is contineously running at top speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan is contineously running at top speed: Hello, I am having a problem with my laptop. The fan is contineously running at top speed like a jet. The temperature of system is normal, there is no clogging of vents, normal use of MS office,no heavy files. The laptop is just 2 months old.Please help...
  3. Laptop fan is contineously running at top speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fan is contineously running at top speed: Hello, I am having a problem with my laptop. The fan is contineously running at top speed like a jet. The temperature of system is normal, there is no clogging of vents, normal use of MS office,no heavy files. The laptop is just 2 months old.Please help...
  4. my laptop getting bluescreen contineously

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my laptop getting bluescreen contineously: plz help me my laptop getting bluescreen continiously ........and this is the minidump onedrive link plz help me...... https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj9jnvbdpcAFmSewf_D-2uYWg5ub?e=Xy9qid...
  5. My laptop is on continous restart loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop is on continous restart loop: my windows is on continous restart loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-on-continous-restart-loop/ee3e2895-1f99-41dc-b078-9fc65689f9b4
  6. Continous logging out from many accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Continous logging out from many accounts: I'm facing a continous daily logging out from many accounts in Windows environment. I tried to investigate but can't find why it happens and how to further investigate. I keep been logging out from: Onedrive, Onenote, Chrome Google account, Amazon, email accounts in...
  7. Send out emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send out emails: I cannot send out emails, when I do they come back sayng recipients email provider rejected it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-out-emails/5ad31789-7004-42e4-a764-2be08cd51a31
  8. Laptop updated to 1809. Can't get WOL to send out...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop updated to 1809. Can't get WOL to send out...: Not sure the topic is exactly accurate. Here's the story: Have been successful sending WOL to 2 other PCs in the house Had problems with laptop and sent to HP. They upgraded it to 1809 Now when I send WOL packets the other PCs will not wake up Given that it was working...
  9. Sending Laptop out for repairs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sending Laptop out for repairs: How do I temporarily disable access to my OneDrive and other clouds from my Laptop (Windows 10) while it's being repaired? (hard drive issues) Besides backing up my important information, Are there any other precautions or steps I should take? Thank you!...
  10. Continous BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continous BSoD: Hello, Its been few weeks since my BSoD problem appear. Im using same setup for more than 2 years and before that i got BSoD not more than 3 times. I attached my system report and can prove any other info or report as soon as possible. 57814