Windows 10: Laptop shots off by itself during installation/startup after auto restart

Discus and support Laptop shots off by itself during installation/startup after auto restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi When trying to update an HP Pavillion to Win 10 1903, the installation runs to 100% and then the computer restarts, after restart when windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ReidarX, Oct 1, 2019.

1. ReidarX Win User

Laptop shots off by itself during installation/startup after auto restart

Hi

When trying to update an HP Pavillion to Win 10 1903, the installation runs to 100% and then the computer restarts, after restart when windows is loading, black screen with a white windows logo, like half way through, the computer suddenly and unexpectedly just shuts down completely, power off just like that. When the computer is started again, windows removes the changes, reverting back. I have tried installation several times, same thing every time.

How can I fix this and get the installation working?

Thanks,

:)

ReidarX, Oct 1, 2019

2. auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 1, 2019
  4. catstone Win User

Slow Startup

see if my words helps...skip the steps that u already tried.
    1. check the start-up items. Run the command of "msconfig" , check the "start up" page(i am not sure of the precise name of this page,coz.i am using chinese version of windows). diable ALL the items listed. save the setting and restart.
    2. check the free space of each partition of harddisk. make sure that each partition has a free space of more than 1 gb( higher ,better).
    3. check the list of installed programs, through the control panel. uninstall those seldom used
    4. it might be unkown comflict of softwares. keep your system as clean as possible. for example, you can disable your antivirus, then restart to see if it is faster
    5. it might be fragments. defrag all partitions.
    6. manage the services of your system. right click "my computer",click "manage(G)", in the window below, the third level-1 menu is "service and applications". disable unecessary auto startup services.
    7. up to repend~~

catstone, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop shots off by itself during installation/startup after auto restart - Similar Threads - Laptop shots off

2. Laptop is restarting and turning off constantly after powering laptop off during Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is restarting and turning off constantly after powering laptop off during Windows 11...: Hi, my laptop has been turning off and then restarting repeating this loop for hours now. I understand that the os is corrupted and someone told me to download windows 11 on another laptop and put that in a USB to transfer it to the current laptop. I am asking for suggestions...
  3. Laptop is restarting and turning off constantly after powering laptop off during Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is restarting and turning off constantly after powering laptop off during Windows 11...: Hi, my laptop has been turning off and then restarting repeating this loop for hours now. I understand that the os is corrupted and someone told me to download windows 11 on another laptop and put that in a USB to transfer it to the current laptop. I am asking for suggestions...
  4. Laptop powering on and off by itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop powering on and off by itself?: Recently, my laptop has developed a rather irritating issue where it will not power on, power off, or sleep properly. The list of symptoms are as follows:If the laptop is powered off while plugged in, it will not boot properly while still plugged in. It will run the BIOS and...
  5. Laptop powering on and off by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop powering on and off by itself?: Recently, my laptop has developed a rather irritating issue where it will not power on, power off, or sleep properly. The list of symptoms are as follows:If the laptop is powered off while plugged in, it will not boot properly while still plugged in. It will run the BIOS and...
  6. My laptop pops error during Windows installation and restarts after it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop pops error during Windows installation and restarts after it: Hello everybody! So, I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 on my old HP laptop, created the installation media and started the installation, everything was going well but then it showed the normal HP loading screen and... the laptop turned off! I turned it on and it showed this...
  7. Monitor off during startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor off during startup.: So, when I turn on my desktop PC, my monitor doesn't turn on before the login screen. But my PC is clearly on since I can actually go into the BIOS settings, the monitor just isn't on, I can tell because it never gets to the login screen. GPU: GTX 1080 CPU: Intel i7-8700K...
  8. Disk check is displayed during startup after the restart is aborted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk check is displayed during startup after the restart is aborted?: Hello, everyone, last night, after I finished working on my PC, I wanted to switch it off. Unfortunately I clicked on the button "restart". But now I was too impatient to wait until it booted up again and switched off the PC with the power button. Today I started my PC...
  9. Window auto restart during installing new third party software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window auto restart during installing new third party software: Hi, so my laptop keeps restarting when I try to install any of my vst software. I try to install adobe before and it works. I also try to reset my window (both options) but it said there is a problem. I hope you guys can help me :(( can't install anything during quarantine is...
  10. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...