Windows 10: laptop showing black screen with cursor then everything loads.

Discus and support laptop showing black screen with cursor then everything loads. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; when i turn on my laptop and login i get a black screen with my cursor. after a while everything loads. sometimes videos i watch stop for a bit and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oofoofoof333, Aug 22, 2020.

1. laptop showing black screen with cursor then everything loads.

when i turn on my laptop and login i get a black screen with my cursor. after a while everything loads. sometimes videos i watch stop for a bit and games freeze. dont really know what is causing it.

submitted by /u/oofoofoof333
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/oofoofoof333, Aug 22, 2020
  2. sharp461 Win User

Laptop boots up to black screen with cursor, shows signs of activity.

I am trying to figure out what is going on with my mom's laptop. Two days ago she told me she was using her laptop and everything was fine, but then she left to do some things in the kitchen and came back a bit later to the screen off. Upon waking it up by moving the mouse, all she got was a black screen with a white cursor. I have looked at it and upon manually restarting, it shows the Windows 10 logo, and then it goes to the black screen with the cursor. There is no login screen either but I do also hear the welcome music. One thing I noticed though is the cursor does have the blue loading circle next to it like it is actually still doing something, and it flashes and spins now and then, as well as the computer sounding like its working, but I have left this on for almost 40 minutes now and it is still just a black screen. It sometimes goes to the off screen and have to move the mouse to wake it up again. Some people online suggest task manager and opening up other windows but nothing works, I can just move a cursor.

My first thought is it is doing something with updates so I figured I will let it be for a few hours while in the mean time I will post this question to see if anyone else has any ideas. The laptop had Windows 7 before and we upgraded to 10 months ago.

sharp461, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Adiluddin Win User
    win10 black screen and cursor but no password on acc still not loading

I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8 and not 8.1 with black screen and cursor I had no password so it should automatically load into account but it did not plus I tried ctrl key and enter plus all other key combinations but nothing and waited for half an hour. Please help all suggestions are welcomed!

P.S. I can see the cursor and the loading windows logo so no imbecile answers like graphic card driver or monitor driver for god sake

Adiluddin, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Kusimeka Win User

laptop showing black screen with cursor then everything loads.

Laptop Black Screening!

Event Viewer? Do you mean Task Manager? If so nope it won't let me do anything at all, everything cuts off but there is still power to the machine. There's no cursor, before it black screens it usually just like freezes, and then the cursor will like, really really lag and warp across the screen (cause im moving it) and then it will black screen and i have to turn off the laptop.

*Cry :cry:

Edit: Nevermind, i found the Event Viewer, it shows a critical error occured but thats just where it had to forcefully restart, it doesn't really say what happened unless im looking in the wrong place ;S

Kusimeka, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

laptop showing black screen with cursor then everything loads.

1. laptop showing black screen with cursor then everything loads. - Similar Threads - laptop showing black

2. My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.: Only the cursor moves and the whole sceen is blackhow to fix this problem need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-is-not-showing-anything-it-is/602b6b21-7788-48c5-92bb-5cf5db822a26
  3. My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.: Only the cursor moves and the whole sceen is blackhow to fix this problem need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-is-not-showing-anything-it-is/602b6b21-7788-48c5-92bb-5cf5db822a26
  4. Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor: Hello,I’ve been having issues with booting up my laptop lately. Today I turned it on like normal because I thought I needed to use my laptop, and I wasn’t paying attention, but I think what happened was my computer got to the login screen, but I just didn’t log in because I...
  5. Black screen with loading cursor frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with loading cursor frozen: Hi I was trying to make a game on roblox studio but all suddenly I got a Microsoft alert and it turned into a black screen with a blue loading cursor I tried my best to turn it off and looked up a bunch of ways on YouTube but still nothing is working it ended up turning off...
  6. Black Screen with loading cursor

Black Screen with loading cursor: Hi I have a windows desktop and I tried to dual boot Kali Linux along side Windows 10 using a bootable usb. I first made the bootable by burning an iso file to the usb, I then partitioned Drive C: so that I could make room for the new OS. I then changed the boot order so that...
  7. my laptop shows a black screen and wont load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my laptop shows a black screen and wont load: for some reason after i opened a link that opened a protocol it went black and now i cant open it ms-cxh-full://0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-shows-a-black-screen-and-wont-load/8615b723-c9a7-430b-91da-1bc3b76f7f4d
  8. Black screen with loading cursor

Black screen with loading cursor: I recently built my first pc, everything was running fine and working well but 3 days ago my hard drive gave me a problem where I had to reset everything. After that everything worked fune again until today, I turned on my pc and before logging in there is just a black screen...
  9. Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor: Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor after login randomly, this happened after I just performed an update. I use an SSD for my OS files, 1TB hdd for docs and another for backups. This was happening 4 weeks ago, except my docs harddrive was making a clicking...
  10. Laptop Screen Black With Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Screen Black With Cursor: So as I was sitting around watching YouTube, I decided to switch to a different video and as I clicked into fullscreen the screen went black. I clicked and as I did this a popped up. I didn't have time to read it because as soon as it came up it was gone. I turned the...