Windows 10: Laptop showing connected to wifi but can't load webpages

Discus and support Laptop showing connected to wifi but can't load webpages in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the past month or so, my laptop (most often when I've first booted it up) will say I'm connected to the wifi fine, but if I open Chrome I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lydiamorris, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Laptop showing connected to wifi but can't load webpages

For the past month or so, my laptop (most often when I've first booted it up) will say I'm connected to the wifi fine, but if I open Chrome I get a time out page and it won't load anything. If I run the network diagnostics tool it never finds anything wrong with my connection.

I usually 'fix' this by putting my laptop in airplane mode for a while then reconnecting, attempting to connect to a different wifi network or restarting it but none of these work long term. I'm not sure whether any of this actually gets the wifi working again or if I just waited it out it would start loading pages.

I've tried resetting my IP config, changing the HT mode of my wireless card, and upgrading my wireless card's drivers to no avail. It's a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with a Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 wireless card running Windows 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

lydiamorris, Jun 8, 2017
  2. EvanKnd Win User

Mobile Hotspot connection issues

I recently learned that you can make a wifi hotspot from a windows 10 computer. When I try to do that and I connect my devices to it they show a wifi connection but can't load any webpages or apps that require a connection. Additionally, after
    a few minutes my desktop disconnects from the wifi and stops making a hotspot

EvanKnd, Jun 8, 2017
  3. erkgoer Win User
    Wifi Connectivity and Browser Usage

I followed the troubleshooting steps above. They did not resolve the wifi connectivity or browser usage settings.

My laptop still will not stay connected to wifi, and browsers are still freezing or timing out when trying to load webpages.

erkgoer, Jun 8, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Laptop showing connected to wifi but can't load webpages

One thing in such a situation I always do is open Control Panel, Internet Options and check the Connections tab, LAN setting. Normally only the first item on that panel about "Automatically detect......." needs checking. Any entries in the Proxy section can indicate an infection as that area is only needed if specified by the ISP or network supervisor. Sometimes in the Security tab it helps to set everything to the Defaults.

Berton, Jun 8, 2017
  5. Thanks, I checked my settings and only the Automatically detect... box was checked like you said. I set all my Security settings to defaults and while it seems like nothing changed in the settings, I appear to be able to connect to the internet fine now!

lydiamorris, Jun 9, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Good.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Laptop showing connected to wifi but can't load webpages

1. Laptop showing connected to wifi but can't load webpages - Similar Threads - Laptop showing connected

2. Laptop can't connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop can't connect to WiFi: Hi! I slept for 4 hours and left my laptop on sleep. After I wake up, I open it and the laptop can't connect to the internet anymore.The solutions provided within...
  3. Can't connect to WiFi on laptop

Can't connect to WiFi on laptop: Hello! I am student at university and am having trouble connecting to the WiFi from my laptop (my phone connects just fine). Every time i try to connect, it either: 1) Says "Can't connect to this network" 2)Takes forever trying to connect but doesn't actually connect; when...
  4. Wifi connected but laptop not loading internet

Wifi connected but laptop not loading internet: Hello Have had some issues with my Lenovo Yoga 13 laptop (Windows 10) recently. I installed AVG Tune up which was supposed to speed up my computer. Subsequently, found that it would rarely boot up properly after the log on screen. When it has rarely done so, I have...
  5. WEBPAGE NOT LOADING

WEBPAGE NOT LOADING: I need help with getting a website page to load. I have a subscription to newspapers.com &I have tried to open the link for the site, however, the site page is not opening. The tab shows I'm in the site but there is no data showing. How do I resolve this issue? Thanks,...
  6. wifi connected, but can't access webpages

wifi connected, but can't access webpages: I can access Comcast email and Google, but can't access any other websites when working remotely on my friend's AT&T wifi. I have used the AT&T wifi for months with no problems and then it stopped working. No one else has a problem accessing websites. We have rebooted the...
  7. wifi connects but webpage doesnt load

wifi connects but webpage doesnt load: i recently had issues with wifi network adapter , hence i uninstalled nad updated to new version, now i can connect to wifi for only once , but nothing loads from web.once i restart my computer the error "cant connect to this network" appears whenever i try to connect to...
  8. Webpages not loading correctly

in Browsers and Email
    Webpages not loading correctly: I don't know if it is a windows 10 problem or a google chrome problem but some pages like facebook and netflix have started loading wrong. A lot of the color is gone and many of the words are moved slightly in the wrong direction. Most things can not be clicked on. 19472
  9. Webpages not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Webpages not loading: Some webpages are not loading for a day. I'm using just about every browser like Maxthon, Mozzila Firefox, Chrome and opera and Internet Explorer and the problem appears again. Sometimes is fixed via pc restart only. Why is happening and what should i do? I'm also trying to...
  10. Webpage Loading

Webpage Loading: All of a sudden, some webpages load SUUUPPPERR SLOOWW even though they didn't before. I just installed the latest Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver if that helps at all :/ What is the latest version of that driver, by the way? Thanks1 47388