Windows 10: laptop showing option to choose win 10 os

Discus and support laptop showing option to choose win 10 os in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; multiple laptops in my company suddenly showing option to choose OS during startup. this happened after windows update. the os updated from 1909 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mohd Ahsani Rahim, Jun 23, 2021.

1. laptop showing option to choose win 10 os

multiple laptops in my company suddenly showing option to choose OS during startup. this happened after windows update. the os updated from 1909 to 20h2 version. i already know how to bypass the process. my queries as below.1. why is this happening. is it due unclean update?2. few application like teams and ms office started become unstable and always hang.

:)

Mohd Ahsani Rahim, Jun 23, 2021

2. The page which shows option to choose OS was not coming in Windows 10 dual boot

THANKS IN ADVANCE

I just dual booted my laptop previously installed windows 10.

Then I got problem. The page which shows option to choose OS was not coming.Then I installed EASYbcd as suggested by some users . Then the page was shows but it only contains Windows 10. Help me please. How to come out of it.

Original title; BOOT MANAGER

Pritesh Shahare, Jun 23, 2021
  3. After Win 10 Upgrade still showing Win 8.1 OS

Thank you for the response. I will answer your queries, but as you will see from my answers I will require more specific assistance from you.

• I had a Windows 8.1 PC for several years. In June or July 2015 I received the GET WIN 10 icon on my PC. Around mid August 2015 I clicked on Get Win 10, and from there the download and install happened "automatically" for the upgrade to Win 10.
    • Using your steps I opened the System configuration, and discovered the following:

a) in the boot tab Windows 10 is NOT set as the default. In fact, it does not even appear at all

b) Windows 8 is shown as both the default and OS. Once again Win 10 is not even shown as an option.
    Now that the system is clearly not showing Windows 10 whereas it does show under ALL SETTINGS\UPDATE and SYSTEM in the Control Panel, the question is simply how do I fix this problem?

Don Boomer, Jun 23, 2021
  4. laptop showing option to choose win 10 os

Choose os screen is not showing

Hi.! Iam sham...i installed Phoenix os in my pc(windows 8.1) Phoenix os said to restart and restarted there not showing of choosing os option....pls.pls.pls. Help me.

shamhiruthik, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

laptop showing option to choose win 10 os

1. laptop showing option to choose win 10 os - Similar Threads - laptop showing option

2. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Choose a Option: My PC is stuck on a choose an option screen. It shows troubleshoot, and then turn off pc. Whenever I turn it off, it just goes back to the same dang thing. And the options in troubleshoot are “startup repair, command prompt, uninstall updates, uefi firmware settings, system...
  3. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose a Option: My PC is stuck on a choose an option screen. It shows troubleshoot, and then turn off pc. Whenever I turn it off, it just goes back to the same dang thing. And the options in troubleshoot are “startup repair, command prompt, uninstall updates, uefi firmware settings, system...
  4. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Choose an option not showing other advanced options.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Choose an option not showing other advanced options.: Please help! on choose an option it did not show Use a device and in advanced options it only show Startup options. Please help this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-an-option-not-showing-other-advanced/9bf654ef-0bb1-47bf-bf23-0c2372434dfb
  6. Option to choose OS is not appearing during bootup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Option to choose OS is not appearing during bootup: Hi. I had set up Ubuntu 20.04 on my existing Windows 10. Until a couple of weeks ago, I would get an option to choose the OS during startup, but now my laptop directly boots up Windows 10 without providing me a choice. What should I do to bring that option back? submitted...
  7. Help choosing a Win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Help choosing a Win 10 laptop: Hi all I'd really like to find out what people's opinions are on some of the new 11 or so inch tablets with Windows 10. I gave my Chromebook 3 away to my brother who is very happy with it since he's not so hooked on windows at this point. But now I'm in search of a...
  8. Choose an option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choose an option: Hello. As many others, I have encountered the choose an option screen. It was working perfectly fine two days ago, but when I turned it on on Sunday, it was stuck on the 'Choose an option screen'. Now, it only showed two options. Troubleshoot and Turn off your PC. None of...
  9. Choose an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Choose an option: [IMG][IMG]I have a Windows 10 laptop and it is stuck at "choose an option". I have tried startup repair but it fails. I have also tried command prompt entering these commands- Bootrec /fixmbr Bootrec /fixboot Bootrec /scanos Bootrec /rebuildbcd But it says access denied...
  10. Dell Laptop stuck at 'choose a option' screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Laptop stuck at 'choose a option' screen: Hi, I am having trouble with my Dell Latitude E6430 laptop, and i think it happened after an windows update couple of months ago. When i first experienced the problem i didnt wanted to do anything rational, because i have a lot of files that i didnt want to lose. When i...