Windows 10: Laptop shows only the wallpaper

Discus and support Laptop shows only the wallpaper in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello My laptop was woirking fine until last week but when I turned it on this morning it took rather long to boot than usual. When I put my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sandessapkota, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Laptop shows only the wallpaper

hello

My laptop was woirking fine until last week but when I turned it on this morning it took rather long to boot than usual. When I put my pin/password in and login, i can see only my wallpaper. The taskbar and the icons are all gone. I can see the options when I right click but nothing happens when I choose an option. Can't run task manager or use any shortcut keys. I tried resetting the PC from the advanced troubleshooting option but it showed "an error while resetting the pc and no changes were made". I tried resetting the SSD as well. I dont have a restore point or a backup. Is there any way to resolve this or do I have to reinstall windows from a USB?

:)

sandessapkota, Jul 2, 2020
  2. prasadchn Win User

wallpaper not changing

recently I installed one wallpaper & uninstalled the same. then I try to apply custom wallpaper it doesn't changes still it's showing blank only,

suggest in a simple manner to resolve

prasadchn, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Laptop shows only the wallpaper

unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Laptop shows only the wallpaper

1. Laptop shows only the wallpaper - Similar Threads - Laptop shows wallpaper

2. Laptop shows windows only with HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shows windows only with HDMI: Hello,My notebook shows windows only with a hdmi connected to an external monitor.I can see also the BIOS Screen on my notebook.I have 2 hard drives. On the first one is my actual windows 10 pro with the latest updates. On the other hard drive was a windows 10 pro without...
  3. Laptop shows windows only with HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shows windows only with HDMI: Hello,My notebook shows windows only with a hdmi connected to an external monitor.I can see also the BIOS Screen on my notebook.I have 2 hard drives. On the first one is my actual windows 10 pro with the latest updates. On the other hard drive was a windows 10 pro without...
  4. Laptop shows windows only with HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows only showing wallpaper & spinning mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows only showing wallpaper & spinning mouse: Hello.I saw this problem while turning on my pc, and after I logged on, I saw the task bar, no desktop icons, but then the taskbar disappeared, and then I saw the spinning mouse thingy....
  6. Windows only showing wallpaper & spinning mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows only showing wallpaper & spinning mouse: Hello.I saw this problem while turning on my pc, and after I logged on, I saw the task bar, no desktop icons, but then the taskbar disappeared, and then I saw the spinning mouse thingy....
  7. MY laptop isn't working. Only wallpaper is showing no after taskbar show only for 5-6...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY laptop isn't working. Only wallpaper is showing no after taskbar show only for 5-6...: Please Help ! Only Mouse cursor showing on the screen.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-isnt-working-only-wallpaper-is-showing/f65c11bd-0378-4a3c-8231-48efa465aa25
  8. pc changes not only my wallpaper but the wallpaper in my moms laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc changes not only my wallpaper but the wallpaper in my moms laptop: Hello i have a little problem. Every time i change my wallpaper in MY pc changes not only my wallpaper but the wallpaper in my moms laptop. We are not using the same windows account or anything. submitted by /u/Oakstalwart [link] [comments]...
  9. -Slide Show Wallpapers-

in Windows 10 Customization
    -Slide Show Wallpapers-: Hello, I've just recently gotten this laptop, and while trying to set my background to a slideshow of photos, I noticed that none of my saved photos would show up. I changed the background back to a single photo, and the problem seemed to resolve then. How do I access my...
  10. Xp-Pen 15.6 tablet is only showing taskbar and wallpaper

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xp-Pen 15.6 tablet is only showing taskbar and wallpaper: While setting up my screen drawing tablet to my laptop everything was going smoothly until the part where i had to get my computer screen onto my tablet. When my tablet should be sharing my computer screen its only showing my laptops wallpaper and taskbar. But when i am...