Windows 10: laptop shut after taking out the charger

Discus and support laptop shut after taking out the charger in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; today I opened my laptop. I pressed the power button to turn on the pc but it didn't turn on. I thought there is no power so I plugged in the charger.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MuhammedOmar, Nov 25, 2018.

1. laptop shut after taking out the charger

today I opened my laptop. I pressed the power button to turn on the pc but it didn't turn on. I thought there is no power so I plugged in the charger. at that very moment I couldn't see the white light to show charging as the pc normally does. leaving that I turned on my p. it started finally but when I was using it, I later realized that the battery sigh had orange colour blinking I saw the battery in the pc it was full so I then I thought it would be full that's why its blinking (it never had happened before). I unplugged the charger and at that very moment my pc went off. right now while typing my charger is connected and the my pc shows the battery is 100% but the battery is flashing in orange. everyone please help me out. I have rebooted but still nothing has happened! i'm really worried.

:)

MuhammedOmar, Nov 25, 2018

2. Update while shutting down taking eight hours

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Did you see any notification about Windows preparing to Install updates while shutting down the system?

2. Have you check if you can re boot the computer?

I would recommend that you wait for 24hrs and check if your system shuts down on its own. If not then I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you can access the desktop. To do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 25, 2018
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Laptop Chargers

Do laptop chargers have to be specific for the laptop or can I buy one for any laptop? I have a Gateway M-6750 in perfect condition but no charger to really use it. How much are they and where can I get one? Thank you!

OrbitzXT, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Toothless Win User

laptop shut after taking out the charger

Laptop charger

So my laptop charger decided to crap out on me suddenly, and I need to for my classes and whatnot while my desktop awaits a motherboard replacement. Where is a good place to get laptop chargers online?

( Laptop is a HP Pavilion G7 1368DX )

Toothless, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

laptop shut after taking out the charger

1. laptop shut after taking out the charger - Similar Threads - laptop shut taking

2. Laptop wont turn on with out the charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop wont turn on with out the charger plugged in: I have ab ACER Nitro 15 laptop. I cant turn it on unless its plugged in. The battery still works because after it is turned on it can stay on even when unplugged. I used acer care center to check for battery health, it says that its ok. Please help thankyou....
  3. Laptop shuts down even on 100% after removing charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down even on 100% after removing charger: Hey there!I charge my laptop to 100% and everytime I unplug the charger AC Adapter It instantly shuts down and when I turn it back on this error "CMOS checksum is invalid Error 502" thing appears on my screen before the laptop boots again to normal state. And the laptop won't...
  4. Laptop shuts down even on 100% after removing charger

Laptop shuts down even on 100% after removing charger: Hey there!I charge my laptop to 100% and everytime I unplug the charger AC Adapter It instantly shuts down and when I turn it back on this error "CMOS checksum is invalid Error 502" thing appears on my screen before the laptop boots again to normal state. And the laptop won't...
  5. Laptop shuts down even on 100% after removing charger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron-3567. I have been using in for 2 years, but recently when i plug in the charger it works for about 30 mins to 1 hour and suddenly shuts down. It wont turn back on unless I reconnect the battery and charger. I tried power draining the laptop but...
  7. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron-3567. I have been using in for 2 years, but recently when i plug in the charger it works for about 30 mins to 1 hour and suddenly shuts down. It wont turn back on unless I reconnect the battery and charger. I tried power draining the laptop but...
  8. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

9. BSOD when I take out my charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when I take out my charger: I get a BSOD when I remove my charger, the charger is original and came with the laptop, I am currently running Windows 11 but I had the same issues on Windows 10. I have done a factory reset but that didn't solve any problems. After the BSOD a file appears in the minidump...
  10. BSOD when I take out my charger

BSOD when I take out my charger: I get a BSOD when I remove my charger, the charger is original and came with the laptop, I am currently running Windows 11 but I had the same issues on Windows 10. I have done a factory reset but that didn't solve any problems. After the BSOD a file appears in the minidump...