Windows 10: Laptop shut down unexpectedly and won't turn back on

Discus and support Laptop shut down unexpectedly and won't turn back on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As my title says, my laptop shut down on it's own and now won't turn back on... The power button glows on but nothing shows up on the screen, and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IoanGrayhurst, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Laptop shut down unexpectedly and won't turn back on

As my title says, my laptop shut down on it's own and now won't turn back on... The power button glows on but nothing shows up on the screen, and after a while the power button turns back off. My laptop has been crashing for a while.now but always before I could turn it back on. I can't tell if this is a hardware or software problem, which is it and how do I fix it?

:)

IoanGrayhurst, Nov 12, 2019
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Msap14 Win User
    laptop won't turn on

Dell Latitude D800

few hours ago i turned the laptop off by going to start menu, shut down, on an xp machine. the computer shut down normally but now when i try to turn it back on, nothing happens for a good 30 seconds then the HDD lights and power lights come on for a few seconds then turn off.

it's weird becasue, from what i have seen, the lights usually come on right away then turn right off (in similar situations) but this thing doesn't even try to turn on for a bit. What could be wrong?

things i have tried:
    -removed RAM, battery, wireless card, HDD... nothing happens
    -held power button for 10 seconds with battery in and out of machine while and while nt plugged in
    -Different power adapters

i am going to check the cmos battery but if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Msap14, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Laptop shut down unexpectedly and won't turn back on

Heneral Luna, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Laptop shut down unexpectedly and won't turn back on

1. Laptop shut down unexpectedly and won't turn back on - Similar Threads - Laptop shut down

2. My laptop shut off and won't turn back on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop shut off and won't turn back on.: I'm having this issue where I'm just watching this random video on YouTube and talking to people and all of a sudden it says locking in the middle of the screen and starts shutting down or doing something. I was worried this might have been some bug so I held the power button...
  3. BlueScreen - Shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BlueScreen - Shut down unexpectedly: Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date ‎11/‎13/‎2019 8:03 AM Status Not reported Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: e6 Parameter 1: 26 Parameter 2: ffffb682a3ac9570 Parameter 3: a0 Parameter 4: 5 OS version: 10_0_18362 Service Pack: 0_0...
  4. Laptop shutting down

Laptop shutting down: Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down before the battery saver mode even came on, now it locks my Laptop quickly as soon as it asks me to plug my charger in and the battery saver mode, but it locks itself so...
  5. Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using

Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using: Hi, My Dell Laptop was shutting down unexpectedly while using. In the event viewer, it is showing, Kernel-Power. I'm posting the Log. I tried updating my drivers, but still the problem is not resolved. Please help me. Log Name: System Source:...
  6. Computer shut down unexpectedly

Computer shut down unexpectedly: Hi everyone, My computer recently starts to crash during intensive gaming. Can anyone tell me what the error means from Windows Reliability Report? Here is my computer specs: Intel i7-8700k MB: Asus rog Maximus X Hero GPU: MSI RTX 2080ti Gaming X Trio RAM: G.Skill...
  7. After force shut down, PC won't turn back on

After force shut down, PC won't turn back on: I have windows 10 and my computer wasn't logging in (stuck at 'welcome' screen) so I force powered off my computer by holding the power button. I tried turning it back on, but it wouldn't. The lights weren't turning on, on my PC or my mouse and keyboard. The only thing that...
  8. unexpected shut down

unexpected shut down: My windows getting shut down automatically within few seconds after i start the windows and there is no hardware problem in it .what to do with this problem please help me....
  9. PC unexpected shut down

PC unexpected shut down: My pc lately has been shutting down for no reason. I changed the power cable and it still didn't help. I don't think that it is my PSU fault cause it didn't have this problem + it is a Gigabyte 700W PSU (B700H). I checked Event viewer and it was like this :...
  10. PC Shuts Down Unexpectedly.

PC Shuts Down Unexpectedly.: Lately my PC has been shutting down out of the blue, in about 5 seconds at that. Also, upon turning it back on it starts up real slowly. This generally happens when playing games, however if I'm on the computer that's what I'm doing so not sure if that's a good assumption. No...