Windows 10: Laptop shut off and won't restart

Discus and support Laptop shut off and won't restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a 16-month old Lenovo Legion Y7000P-1060 that has been running great until a few minutes ago. I was watching a YouTube video when i heard a pop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by danimal1968, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Laptop shut off and won't restart

I have a 16-month old Lenovo Legion Y7000P-1060 that has been running great until a few minutes ago. I was watching a YouTube video when i heard a pop and it shut off and won't restart. I bought if from Costco so it is still under their Concierge warranty but before I go through that process is there anything I should do? I assume that this is likely some kind of hardware failure.

:)

danimal1968, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Heneral Luna, Aug 30, 2020
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Laptop shut off and won't restart :confused:*Mad Laptop shut off and won't restart :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Laptop shut off and won't restart

Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Laptop shut off and won't restart

1. Laptop shut off and won't restart - Similar Threads - Laptop shut off

2. shutting off and restart in question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shutting off and restart in question: After 10 minutes my PC keeps on restarting. It ongoing issue in my PC and I dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-off-and-restart-in-question/f161d063-017c-4849-b513-a2b5bc3f27fe
  3. shutting off and restart in question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shutting off and restart in question: After 10 minutes my PC keeps on restarting. It ongoing issue in my PC and I dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-off-and-restart-in-question/f161d063-017c-4849-b513-a2b5bc3f27fe
  4. shutting off and restart in question

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Laptop won't restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't restart or shut down: If I attempt to restart the laptop it shows the black screen with the dots rotating with the "restarting" text on it and nothing happens, If I try to shut down the same happens only with the "shutting down" text. I tried shutting down all programs before turning off and It...
  6. Laptop won't restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't restart or shut down: If I attempt to restart the laptop it shows the black screen with the dots rotating with the "restarting" text on it and nothing happens, If I try to shut down the same happens only with the "shutting down" text. I tried shutting down all programs before turning off and It...
  7. Laptop shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts off: I installed a new cooling fan in my HP laptop. Windows will not identify the new hardware. Since the last update a couple of days ago my laptop shuts off after a few minutes of inactivity. When I restart, I have to be quick to hit the enter button when the 15 second...
  8. My laptop shut off and now it won't tren on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop shut off and now it won't tren on: So i was just on hangouts then my computer just shut off, AND IT'S FULLY CHANGED. Every time when i press the power button it had the light on then it shut off....
  9. PC won't shut down or restart.

PC won't shut down or restart.: Hi all, this is fairly simple to explain, so I'm gonna have 2 categories. 1: The Shutdown Basically, whenever I press on shutdown, or shutdown from my PC button, my Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard lose power, however my PC is still on. 2: The Restart This one is the easiest to...
  10. My laptop shut off and won't turn back on.

My laptop shut off and won't turn back on.: I'm having this issue where I'm just watching this random video on YouTube and talking to people and all of a sudden it says locking in the middle of the screen and starts shutting down or doing something. I was worried this might have been some bug so I held the power button...