Windows 10: Laptop shutdown after startup

Discus and support Laptop shutdown after startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So my hp laptop shutdowns after turning it on. I can get it to fully load once in a while but the majority of the time it simply goes to a black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CameronJohnson5, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Laptop shutdown after startup

So my hp laptop shutdowns after turning it on. I can get it to fully load once in a while but the majority of the time it simply goes to a black screen after startup and powers off.

Any suggestions?

:)

CameronJohnson5, Jan 21, 2019
  2. sachind1 Win User

script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

Steps

• Open a run box
    • type in "gpedit.msc"
    • Expand Computer Configuration
    • Expand Windows Settings
    • Select Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    • Double click Startup
    • Click Show Files and copy/paste your file in to this folder
    • Click the Add button on the startup properties
    • Click Browse and double click on your script to choose it.
    • "OK" out of all windows to apply the new settings.
    I am generally Giving Path of My python to the startup and shutdown as steps given above

sachind1, Jan 21, 2019
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Laptop shutdown after startup

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Laptop shutdown after startup

1. Laptop shutdown after startup - Similar Threads - Laptop shutdown startup

2. Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown: my laptop was working fine until suddenly, when fast startup is on, whenever i click shut down, my laptop, after shutting down, automatically boots right back up? how to fix this issue?...
  3. Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown: my laptop was working fine until suddenly, when fast startup is on, whenever i click shut down, my laptop, after shutting down, automatically boots right back up? how to fix this issue?...
  4. Freezing & shutdown of application after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing & shutdown of application after startup: I have a HP Probook, within 5 mins of startup, screen freezes and then whatever program I have open crushes. Only does it once just after startup then runs beautifully until I shutdown. I've done a reset and seemed to be working fine until I installed some of my favorite...
  5. Freezing & shutdown of application after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezing & shutdown of application after startup: I have a HP Probook, within 5 mins of startup, screen freezes and then whatever program I have open crushes. Only does it once just after startup then runs beautifully until I shutdown. I've done a reset and seemed to be working fine until I installed some of my favorite...
  6. Freezing & shutdown of application after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Programs running after PC shutdown and startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs running after PC shutdown and startup.: I shutdown by closing all programs/windows, and then powering down by pushing the Start button and selecting Power / Shutdown. When I power back up and open any Windows program usually Yahoo Email, several of the programs running before shutdown pop back open again with no...
  8. Shutdown and startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown and startup: Hello . My windows 10 pc suddenly has been taking ages to shut off. I press shutdown and it takes 30 seconds for the shutdown screen to show. This randomly started 1 day. I reset the pc, keeping only my games and some documents and it,s still the same. It also takes longer to...
  9. BSOD on Startup after clean shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Startup after clean shutdown: My Windows 10 system sometimes crashed on startup, after loading progress. The monitor would show blank white screen, or sometimes the blue screen (sometimes with corrupted display). This does not happen so often, but I'd like to know the cause. The daily operation of the...
  10. Computer Hangs at Startup After Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Hangs at Startup After Shutdown: My system "hangs" after I Shut Down and then start back up. It doesn't occur when I Restart the system. * It "Hangs " when it gets to the black screen with the blue Windows logo in the center. I've waited a half an hour and remained hung. The "round working dots (for lack...