Windows 10: laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown

Discus and support laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown My laptop i click shutdown button but laptop keeps on scrolling shutdown symbol. Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KrishnakumarR1, Aug 6, 2020.

1. laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown

laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown

My laptop i click shutdown button but laptop keeps on scrolling shutdown symbol.

Please help me

:)

KrishnakumarR1, Aug 6, 2020

2. laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown

After upgrading to Windows 10, whenever I shut down my laptop from the menu, The laptop doesn't seem shut down fully and that I could still hear the laptop running and the light on the buttons stays on. Someone help please?

Hazara Hussain, Aug 6, 2020
  3. fahimrao Win User

hello

i am having the same problem and checked all the power and sleep options but nothing solves the problem i have to force shutdown the laptop. kindly help me solve the issue

fahimrao, Aug 6, 2020
  4. laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown

(Solved)

Hi

I had the same problem in my Dell Inpiron 5437. If I would leave my laptop idle for long ( like more than 10 minutes or so ) the laptop would freeze or i don't know what it's called. I had to long press the power button to shut down my pc and then start
    it again. For this I did some research and the best option for me was I changed all the settings from power options that would put my pc to sleep. Go to power option and change all the settings that puts your pc to sleep. This solved my current problem but
    gave rise to a new one.

Each time I would turn off my pc the power light would still keep glowing and i had to long press the power button to switch off my pc completely. I did some googling and found out a way to prevent this. There are three steps to this solution. In most laptops
    like hp only the first step does the job but it didn't for me. So here are the three steps :

Step 1:

The first one is the most common step that you must have encountered a lot of times while looking for a solution if you're facing this problem so I am not going to go in detail about this one.

Go to power option and turn off fast start up option.

Step 2:

1. Press windows button -> search for device manager and open it.

2. Look for system devices option and double click on it.

3. Look for Intel(R) management Engine Interface -> right click and open properties

4. Look for driver version

5. If the version starts with 9.5 the you're good to go the the 3rd step if not then perform the

following steps.

6. Google Intel management engine interface 9.5 for windows 10.

7. Select your laptop's brand's website like mine was dell.

8. Download the driver -> open it and install it.

9. After installation you might be asked to restart so do that.

10. After restart check for the Intel(R) management Engine Interface driver version again

using above steps-> now the version should start from 9.5 ( mine was 9.5.24.1790) .

Step 3:

1. Press windows button -> type command prompt -> right click ->select run as

administrator. (Doing this is important and simply opening command prompt from run

isn't gonna work)

2. type-> powercfg h off -> hit enter

3. type-> exit -> hit enter

I hope this helps laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown :)

adityajha18, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown - Similar Threads - laptop Shutdown button's

2. PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light: When i was playing roblox for 1 hour or longer my pc just shuts off when i checked i noticed my pc is blinking i rebooted it it did not work i thought it was my dvd-rw drive i ejected nothing happened so does someone help me with this?...
  3. PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light: When i was playing roblox for 1 hour or longer my pc just shuts off when i checked i noticed my pc is blinking i rebooted it it did not work i thought it was my dvd-rw drive i ejected nothing happened so does someone help me with this?...
  4. Rename shutdown button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rename shutdown button: How can I rename the shutdown button or other buttons in Windows 7? For example, rename the sleep button to shutdown, and when I click on shutdown, Windows will go to sleep mode....
  5. Rename shutdown button

Rename shutdown button: How can I rename the shutdown button or other buttons in Windows 7? For example, rename the sleep button to shutdown, and when I click on shutdown, Windows will go to sleep mode....
  6. Laptop restarts after shutdown

Laptop restarts after shutdown: Hi guys! My laptop is restarting everytime I try to shut it down. I tried everything i found online. Nothing is working. I even reinstalled the windows. I don’t know what to do anymore...
  7. Computer Will Not Stay Shutdown When I Shutdown........

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Will Not Stay Shutdown When I Shutdown........: Greetings-- I have been having something happening for the last four days that is quite creepy, to say the least. I would like to say that this has been happening ever since my last "update", but I can not be sure of that 100%..... Each night, when I go to bed, I...
  8. sound light remain on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound light remain on after shutdown: Sound light of my hp Elitebook 840 remain on after shutdown.Due to which battery get discharge after shutdown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-light-remain-on-after-shutdown/dab3f8ef-6362-4c56-af30-bad571b15245
  9. 2 Shutdown Buttons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 Shutdown Buttons: Whenever i go to shutdown my Windows 10 PC I have 5 selections, not 3, And 1 of them is 2 Shutdown buttons, 1 is Normal Shutdown and the other is Update and Shutdown. What's going on here? The last time I had this issue and hit Update and Shutdown my PC had boot looped....
  10. Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns: Hello, I've been researching this issue I'm experiencing but I haven't come across anything that has helped. Issue: Click on the start menu > Power > Shutdown. Computer does not immediately shut down. I can continue to do tasks for about 30seconds. The computer...