Windows 10: Laptop Shutdown

Discus and support Laptop Shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop never shuts down. I use the shutdown option, it goes off but turns back on a few minutes later. I've tried options for fixes via Google and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Elvis'mom, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Elvis'mom Win User

Laptop Shutdown

My laptop never shuts down. I use the shutdown option, it goes off but turns back on a few minutes later. I've tried options for fixes via Google and on Microsoft Community Boards. Nothing works.

:)

Elvis'mom, Nov 30, 2020

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 30, 2020
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Nov 30, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Laptop Shutdown

n-ster, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Shutdown

1. Laptop Shutdown - Similar Threads - Laptop Shutdown

2. Why does my laptop no longer shutdown after an extended period of sleeping?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop no longer shutdown after an extended period of sleeping?: Good day.My ASUS laptop used to shut down after a specific period I don't know it exactly and i used to either leave the lid open or closed and it would shut down after being is sleep for too long. However now, it is not doing so and leaving my laptop on sleep overnight will...
  3. Why does my laptop no longer shutdown after an extended period of sleeping?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop no longer shutdown after an extended period of sleeping?: Good day.My ASUS laptop used to shut down after a specific period I don't know it exactly and i used to either leave the lid open or closed and it would shut down after being is sleep for too long. However now, it is not doing so and leaving my laptop on sleep overnight will...
  4. My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.: sometimes when i turn on my laptop the indicators light up but the screen remains black then i have to long press power button for shutdown and then turn it on again for it to work. i have updated all the drivers so the issue shouldn't be there. is it a windows issue? what...
  5. My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.

My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.: sometimes when i turn on my laptop the indicators light up but the screen remains black then i have to long press power button for shutdown and then turn it on again for it to work. i have updated all the drivers so the issue shouldn't be there. is it a windows issue? what...
  6. abnormal shutdown laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    abnormal shutdown laptop?: my acer laptop experiencing abnormal Shutdown when pc is in ideal condition. is this due to window update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/abnormal-shutdown-laptop/d484f471-cd83-4bd9-899a-58cb10c9c2e2
  7. abnormal shutdown laptop?

abnormal shutdown laptop?: my acer laptop experiencing abnormal Shutdown when pc is in ideal condition. is this due to window update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/abnormal-shutdown-laptop/d484f471-cd83-4bd9-899a-58cb10c9c2e2
  8. My inbuilt keyboard of laptop is not working after i kept it without shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My inbuilt keyboard of laptop is not working after i kept it without shutdown: My laptop keyboard is not working after i kept it without shutting it down for long time.The keyboard is working fine only before login when i uninstalled the driver, after that keyboard is not working and countineuosly some keys are pressing and I can't able to use the...
  9. My inbuilt keyboard of laptop is not working after i kept it without shutdown

My inbuilt keyboard of laptop is not working after i kept it without shutdown: My laptop keyboard is not working after i kept it without shutting it down for long time.The keyboard is working fine only before login when i uninstalled the driver, after that keyboard is not working and countineuosly some keys are pressing and I can't able to use the...
  10. my laptop shutdown unexpectedly

my laptop shutdown unexpectedly: Hello,I have an issue here, my laptop was shutdown unexpectedly two times.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly....