Windows 10: Laptop shuts down after entering password

Discus and support Laptop shuts down after entering password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a laptop and it keeps on shutting down after I enter the correct password... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LamisaRahmee, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Laptop shuts down after entering password

I have a laptop and it keeps on shutting down after I enter the correct password

:)

LamisaRahmee, Aug 10, 2020

2. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Aug 10, 2020
  3. laptop not shutting down

Hello,

The previous update you've installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes, and newly installed applications on your device that may have affected your computer's performance?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you disable the Hybrid Shutdown manually. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Power Options.
    • On the left side of the window, click Choose what the power button do.
    • If in case it is needed, click Change settings that are currently unavailable, under
      Define power buttons then turn on password protection.
    • From the enabled options, under the Shutdown settings section, uncheck
      Turn on fast startup (recommended)
      checkbox to disable Hybrid Shutdown. Click Save changes to save.
    • Try to shut down the computer once again.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Louie Del Win User

Laptop shuts down after entering password

My laptop keeps shutting down after 30sec

Hi Andie,

To help us figure out what can cause your laptop to shut down after 30 seconds and the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent updates on your device?
    • When you said “to bring up Microsoft desk”, are you pertaining to your Microsoft account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Laptop shuts down after entering password

1. Laptop shuts down after entering password - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  3. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  4. Laptop was not shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop was not shutting down: I am using my laptop daily 3 to 4hrs but in battery usage it was showing 22hrs+ screen on and I even disabled s0 standbyI don't know whether my laptop was shutting down or not. My laptop specs i5 12th gen 1240p and battery is 41whr it is hp laptop what to do?...
  5. Computer shuts down after entering the lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down after entering the lock screen: My new build is consistently shutting down after the computer locks. I am running Windows 10 Home version 21H1. I suspect that the computer is shutting down when the PC attempts to sleep or hibernate, however, it appears to do this before the PC should be entering sleep mode...
  6. Shutting down the laptop

Shutting down the laptop: My windows isn't showing shut down, sleep, etc. option under power button. How do I shut it down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-the-laptop/3cc62cb4-7144-4681-8cdb-74ed824be1bf
  7. Windows intermittently shuts down after entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows intermittently shuts down after entering Sleep Mode: Hi all, Recently over the past few weeks my computer hasn't been able to enter sleep mode properly. I've got a bit of a strange PC build, which I'm sure is partly to blame, but seen as the problem is only fairly recent I'm not sure how to diagnose or begin to find out what's...
  8. laptop shutting down

laptop shutting down: hello my laptop would switch off for a week and it would switch on for another week... then switches off... am using asus trasformar T300 what could be the reason for that ?...
  9. Laptop shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutting down: Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down before the battery saver mode even came on, now it locks my Laptop quickly as soon as it asks me to plug my charger in and the battery saver mode, but it locks itself so...
  10. "Shut Down" only enters Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    "Shut Down" only enters Hibernate: Here's something strange! I tried to shut my computer down because of another problem, and I found that it only went into Hibernate. When I started it back up, programs were still running that would have normally been turned off when the computer shuts down. So I tried it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc turns off after password

2. pc turns offf after password

3. laptop shuts down after i wnter the password

4. laptop turns off after entering password,
  5. Pc shud down after change of password