Windows 10: Laptop shuts down after few minutes (Windows 10)

Discus and support Laptop shuts down after few minutes (Windows 10) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there! I have an Asus Laptop with windows 10 and few days ago it started to turn off after I turned it on. It let's me turn on the computer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarinaPS, Dec 7, 2018.

1. CarinaPS Win User

Laptop shuts down after few minutes (Windows 10)

Hi there!

I have an Asus Laptop with windows 10 and few days ago it started to turn off after I turned it on.

It let's me turn on the computer and start session but then it sunddenly turns off without loosing anything. If I turn it on again everything is exactly as before.

I tried to start it in safe mode, it let me uninstall a few programs but then after a few minutes it had the same behaviour.

Does anyone know what it can be and how I can solve this problem?

Can it be a hardware problem or just some update from windows 10 that caused some sort of unexpected behaviour?

I tried to recover from the last update but I couldn't do it, it said it was not possible to go to a previous version...

Thanks!

:)

CarinaPS, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Nexaddo Win User
    MSI GT783R laptop shuts down when playing games

hi everone.

for the past week my MSI GT783R gaming laptop have been shutting down when playing games.
    after starting a game within a minute or 2, the laptop will shut itself off without warning, then start-up again.
    after that it usually shuts off again mid-boot or just after it loaded windows.

a few things i have noticed and tried:
    1) it only happens when the AC charger is plugged in, both when battery is hooked to the laptop or not.
    2) GPU and CPU temps are below 80c when the shut down happens
    3) i already suspected an overheating issue, opened up the laptop, cleaned both CPU and GPU and their heatsinks + fan and applied new thermal paste (Arctic MX-4).
    4) tried using a different AC charger, from my brothers GT780DXR laptop.
    5) i formatted my pc and did a clean windows 7 64-bit install.

despite all of the steps above the issue yet remains.
    i scoured google for the past week with no luck.

please help me!

thanks in advance

Nexaddo, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop shuts down after few minutes (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Laptop randomly shuts down after 10 minutes!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly shuts down after 10 minutes!: Laptop shuts down every time about 10 minutes after I started it. The screen goes black but my keyboard and power button still glow so its not all the way out. I dont hear the sound anymore and when I connect it with HDMI it doesn’t give a signal. I was trying different...
  3. Laptop randomly shuts down after 10 minutes!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly shuts down after 10 minutes!: Laptop shuts down every time about 10 minutes after I started it. The screen goes black but my keyboard and power button still glow so its not all the way out. I dont hear the sound anymore and when I connect it with HDMI it doesn’t give a signal. I was trying different...
  4. Pc shuts down a few minutes into every 3d game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts down a few minutes into every 3d game: Hello, recently i have been having this issue with my pc. I have a ryzen 5 3600x, 5700xt oc, 570x mobo, with a brand new psu. I started having these issues when I put my pus in, but I also updated my drivers and had a large windows update at the same time. When it shuts down,...
  5. Laptop Shuts Down Instead of Sleeping after few minutes when I Close the Lid.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Shuts Down Instead of Sleeping after few minutes when I Close the Lid.: Hi,I recently bought an Alienware M15 R7 Laptop. It is running Windows 11 Home. The issue I am facing is that, when I close the lid the laptop goes to sleep and when I open it it wakes up from sleep but when the laptop is left idle for few minutes after closing the lid, it...
  6. Laptop Shuts Down Instead of Sleeping after few minutes when I Close the Lid.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Shuts Down Instead of Sleeping after few minutes when I Close the Lid.: Hi,I recently bought an Alienware M15 R7 Laptop. It is running Windows 11 Home. The issue I am facing is that, when I close the lid the laptop goes to sleep and when I open it it wakes up from sleep but when the laptop is left idle for few minutes after closing the lid, it...
  7. Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall: I recently did a full Windows 10 Cloud reinstall on my laptop. Everything went fine until it suddenly got stuck at 36% "Resetting this PC" on the ACER screen. I then decided to turn off the laptop by holding the power button. Now when I turn on the laptop, after a few seconds...
  8. Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall: I recently did a full Windows 10 Cloud reinstall on my laptop. Everything went fine until it suddenly got stuck at 36% "Resetting this PC" on the ACER screen. I then decided to turn off the laptop by holding the power button. Now when I turn on the laptop, after a few seconds...
  9. Laptop shuts down after 10 minutes of being closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down after 10 minutes of being closed: Laptop shuts down after 10 minutes of being closed. I turn off my Laptop when going to sleep, and normally I wake up the the fans going wild. When I get up to see what happened, the Power / Disk light is off totally. Did I do anything wrong? Here are my sleep settings:...
  10. Treasure Hunt shuts down after a few minutes. Did update for Windows 10 with no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Treasure Hunt shuts down after a few minutes. Did update for Windows 10 with no...: Drivers were updated two months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/treasure-hunt-shuts-down-after-a-few-minutes-did/fbb30c29-d211-4ae4-934b-581a3c84514c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 laptop shuts off after a few minutes

2. my windows 10 asus laptop shuts off after 4 minutes

3. windows 7 laptop shuts down within minutes of starting