Windows 10: Laptop shuts down after some time when closing lid

Discus and support Laptop shuts down after some time when closing lid in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hello, I have very annoying things happening with windows 10. One of the latest is that my laptop goes to sleep when closing the lid. The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SardelaMparmparekos, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Laptop shuts down after some time when closing lid

hello, I have very annoying things happening with windows 10.

One of the latest is that my laptop goes to sleep when closing the lid. The problem is that my power settings are set to "Do nothing" for closing lid and practically all settings regarding sleep - hibernate - shut down are set to "never" or 600 minutes.

My settings are as they were before, when it was working as supposed so.

After some struggle, using the cmd and some commands find on the web, it no longer sleeps instantly but only after about 10 minutes.

Can you please suggest me what to do?

Laptop shuts down after some time when closing lid 4ca7ecbe-1384-45a7-8746-a8664b01aaf2?upload=true.png

:)

SardelaMparmparekos, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Laptop shuts down after some time when closing lid

1. Laptop shuts down after some time when closing lid - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. when to close the lid of laptop after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    when to close the lid of laptop after shutdown: hello when i shutdown my laptop it the screen become dark after 6 secs (approx) but the two led lights at the right corner of keyboard still blinks for 15 secs(approx) so shall i wait for the ligjt to stop blinking or shall i just close the lid pannel after screens goes...
  3. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  4. Laptop turning off when closing lid

Laptop turning off when closing lid: Hi I've just set up my laptop and monitor via a docking station so I can work from home with a larger screen. however when I shut my laptop it seems to close down and therefore I can't project the screen. I know there is a way of stopping it from doing this but I've gone...
  5. lid close shuts down Pavilion laptop (eventhough settings say never)

lid close shuts down Pavilion laptop (eventhough settings say never): When I close the lid, regardless of any advanced power settings telling it to do nothing, hibernate, sleep, etc, it will shut down. I've looked this up and I can see a lot of people are having similar troubles, but I haven't had any solutions work. I've updated drivers,...
  6. Lock laptop when lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock laptop when lid is closed: Hello, Please add to Windows 10 the option to "lock on lid close". Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-laptop-when-lid-is-closed/c9798949-35f4-46f1-afeb-fbf7b2be39c1"
  7. Fan still running after shut lid and shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan still running after shut lid and shut down: Hey guys, I have noticed this problem come up on my Dell 7537 (Check out my profile for details) when I close the lid to put the computer to sleep, the HDD light turns off, but the fan continues to run, even after several hours. When I open the lid back up, it is just a...
  8. Computer shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when lid is closed: My computer doesn't suspend or hibernate when I close the lid no matter which configurations I set on power options. It always shuts down the computer. If I click the power button before closing the lid, it suspends but when I close the lid he shuts down. I've tried to update...
  9. My laptop shuts down when I close the lid or press the power button?

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop shuts down when I close the lid or press the power button?: This problem only started around last week, but I have also had it in the past. Whenever I shut the lid of my laptop (which I have set for the laptop to to enter sleep mode), it seems to sleep normally (i.e. the fan turns off and the power button blinks to indicate the...
  10. When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.: Hello, I've got a problem (or a feature ? Not so sure) that when I finish my work, I shutting down my laptop, while waiting it to be shut down, I close the lid. The problem is when I close the lid, the laptop go into sleep mode, and when I back to work, I open the lid to...