Windows 10: Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since updating Windows last week, my laptop will consistently shut down a couple minutes after being turned on. The screen goes black and then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheOlThinkyThink, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update

Since updating Windows last week, my laptop will consistently shut down a couple minutes after being turned on.

The screen goes black and then the power and hard drive activity light turn off, which suggests it has shut down but when I power it back on all programs are still open.

This happened with the April update as well but I was able to 'fix' the problem by reverting to a previous version, however this time it won't revert.

I have checked for new drivers and I am up to date.

Also it's completely fine in safe mode.

My laptop is a Medion Akoya P6647 (MD 99062)

:)

TheOlThinkyThink, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update

1. Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  3. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  4. Laptop shutting down in login screen after windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shutting down in login screen after windows 10 latest update: Hello Community I updated my laptop to latest windows 10 update and now laptop shutting down by itself at login screen or in desktop screen and display an cmd What is the problem? Any Solution...
  5. Laptop shutting down randomly after update

Laptop shutting down randomly after update: Hi I was wondering if the community could help me out on this one, I have a Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 5000 series laptop. Before feature update 20H2 everything was working fine and dandy like it was supposed to. I install the update 20H2 and after that my PC starts having...
  6. Bug while shutting down laptop after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug while shutting down laptop after recent windows 10 update: Hello, I recently have started facing an issue with my laptop. When I shut down my laptop, it now stays on for over 10 minutes white light on the right side stays on. I mean that that the screen gets off but sometime i can hear the sound of the fans somewhat indicating that...
  7. Laptop battery is on after Shutting down the laptop with windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop battery is on after Shutting down the laptop with windows 10.: Every day I observed after opening my Dell Inspiron laptop after one day no battery backup on my laptop. But laptop battery charge was full when I shut downed the laptop. I want to proper shut down. What will setup? Pls. let me know. Thanks, Qamrul Huda...
  8. After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down

After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down: after installing the latest update, my laptop wont stay powered on. Most of the time i power it up and it turns off after a few seconds. Sometimes it will show the MSI logo and go a little further, but it still powers off. It made it to the “windows is installing...
  9. Shutting down of Laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutting down of Laptop after windows update: Good Evening, Why is it that every time Windows 10 updates on my laptop, it keeps cutting off until it eventually stops for itself? Technically it doesn't shut down but it goes to sleep. Diandre...
  10. Windows 10 shut down after updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 shut down after updating: I've never enjoyed this before, but after Windows 10 updated, it shut down. That's a newbie for me. Is there a simple way for me to reverse that and have the computer simply reboot as before after the update? 101800