Windows 10: Laptop shuts down as soon as power cord is unlpluged.

Discus and support Laptop shuts down as soon as power cord is unlpluged. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have getting this issue from last one day. The laptop works well till the power cable is plugged but as soon as the cable is unplugged the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AAKASHPATEL4, May 23, 2020.

1. Laptop shuts down as soon as power cord is unlpluged.

I have getting this issue from last one day. The laptop works well till the power cable is plugged but as soon as the cable is unplugged the laptop shuts down immediately. What should I do in such situation. Please Help.

:)

AAKASHPATEL4, May 23, 2020

2. My laptop upgraded to Windows 10 and now it's been stuck on the blue shutting down screen for days. Help.

Hi,

As per the screen shot that you have send, I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop. To do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, May 23, 2020
  3. power cord

my power cord needs to be replaced can u help me?

GeraldGarner1, May 23, 2020
  4. Laptop shuts down as soon as power cord is unlpluged.

The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Laptop shuts down as soon as power cord is unlpluged.

1. Laptop shuts down as soon as power cord is unlpluged. - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Windows 10 laptop. My screen shuts down way too soon. It's not power settings, it's not...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 laptop. My screen shuts down way too soon. It's not power settings, it's not...: I'm on a Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10. Important point may be that at work I'm plugged into a hub.My screen shuts down way too quickly, just after a couple of minutes. I've googled everything and come across threads on here answering this problem, and nothing works.It's not in...
  3. Windows 10 laptop. My screen shuts down way too soon. It's not power settings, it's not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop. My screen shuts down way too soon. It's not power settings, it's not...: I'm on a Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10. Important point may be that at work I'm plugged into a hub.My screen shuts down way too quickly, just after a couple of minutes. I've googled everything and come across threads on here answering this problem, and nothing works.It's not in...
  4. Laptop Shuts Down When Cord Plugged In

Laptop Shuts Down When Cord Plugged In: My laptop is an Asus K571GT with Windows 10 that I bought in November of 2019. At one point recently, the power cord for an HP Pavilion 15-n100 was accidentally plugged in to this laptop. The plugs are similar, and it actually fit and charged the laptop briefly, but I...
  5. Laptop turns itself back on as soon as shutting down

Laptop turns itself back on as soon as shutting down: My laptop has been turning itself right back on as soon as I shut it down. I have tried several different things from deactivating mouse, keyboard and bluetooth devices from waking the computer up to running system scan to fix corrupt files. I also tried turning off fast...
  6. power cord

power cord: i am having a problem not having to use my power cord i am currenty using my battery for now what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/4ea518d3-4d89-4628-860e-3aa6e6436739
  7. power on/shut down

power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...
  8. Power Cord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Cord: My puppy chewed my power cord. How do I find out where the info is on what type my computer is and what type of cord I need so I can order another power cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/8233434f-97a6-4b3d-b9d7-a5f9ee2e9cd8
  9. my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord: ok when ever I plug in my Dell power cord that came with my laptop I get a pop up that say's . The AC power adapter is not recognized. System performance will be impacted. Please connect the correct Dell AC power adapter for best system operations. This adapter may not...
  10. My Lenovo Tablet 2 shuts down soon after powering it on

My Lenovo Tablet 2 shuts down soon after powering it on: My tablet was on power and the video was playing while downloading windows 10 to upgrade from Windows 8.1. I was out of the office for one one and when I came back I found the tablet is off. On my surprise when I turn it on it starts and I sign in it displays the desktop for...