Windows 10: Laptop shuts down at low battery warning

Discus and support Laptop shuts down at low battery warning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This started a week or two ago, where instead of my laptop giving me the low battery warning, and I can continue to use it after I plug it in, it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JesusAguilera2, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Laptop shuts down at low battery warning

This started a week or two ago, where instead of my laptop giving me the low battery warning, and I can continue to use it after I plug it in, it just shuts down instead of giving me said warning. Any way to fix this?

:)

JesusAguilera2, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

laptop shutting down before battery is low

Hi Roy,

For us to provide more troubleshooting steps to resolve the automatic shutdown issue, can you provide the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 3, 2020
  3. TomC23 Win User
    Laptop low battery warning

After the latest update my laptop has stopped warning me when the battery is low and just shuts down ?

Acer 5732 Z

TomC23, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Laptop shuts down at low battery warning

laptop shutting down before battery is low

is there a fix to stop windows 10 creators update from shutting down my laptop when i still have 50% battery left i noticed this happening after the creators update auto installed and at first i thought it might be the power settings which i tried i have
    moved the warning level from 10% up to 40% in the power settings but that made no difference as i would normally run on battery down to 20% get my low battery warning popup and then plug in to recharge now i have since noticed that when my battery monitor
    gets to 50% my laptop just shuts down ++ not sleep or hibernation ++ and any thing that i was working on is gone????????????????? after having checked the internet there seems to be lots of people having this problem and the fix's suggested don't work for
    me

CAN ANYONE HELP OR IS THIS A MICROSOFT BUG

System HP Pavilion Intel core I5-6200u CPU @2.30GHz 8GB Ram 64 bit operating system

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

roydallinger, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Laptop shuts down at low battery warning

1. Laptop shuts down at low battery warning - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery: I am having an issue with my laptop since it shuts down when battery is low but there is no low battery popup to indicate.Moreover if i change the power plan setting and set the laptop to sleep when battery is below 15% it still don't work and laptop just shuts down. I am...
  3. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery: I am having an issue with my laptop since it shuts down when battery is low but there is no low battery popup to indicate.Moreover if i change the power plan setting and set the laptop to sleep when battery is below 15% it still don't work and laptop just shuts down. I am...
  4. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.: When the battery gets low on my Surface, it will shut off without warning. I'd really prefer a clear warning a minute or two before that happens, and then have it hibernate,Note, this is NOT a battery management concern, this is a shutdown behaviour concern.I've been through...
  6. Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.: When the battery gets low on my Surface, it will shut off without warning. I'd really prefer a clear warning a minute or two before that happens, and then have it hibernate,Note, this is NOT a battery management concern, this is a shutdown behaviour concern.I've been through...
  7. Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. FULLY CHARGED LAPTOP GIVE BATTERY LOW WARNING & SHUTS DOWN IMMEDIATELY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FULLY CHARGED LAPTOP GIVE BATTERY LOW WARNING & SHUTS DOWN IMMEDIATELY: Fully charged pc automatically notifies me of low battary and shutsdown immediately. This happens only in the night. And once I connect it to the internet through my iphone wifi. Then once I plug in the charger in the day and turn it on, it shows me battery full...
  9. laptop shutting down before battery is low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop shutting down before battery is low: laptop shutting down before battery is low how to fix this. This happened after windows update :-( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutting-down-before-battery-is-low/da7da672-6d86-4a85-9f8f-8b853dee86f4
  10. Laptop with HDMI monitor: shuts down without low-battery warning

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop with HDMI monitor: shuts down without low-battery warning: Hello, I replaced my laptop battery around two years ago because it was not working well any more. The new battery is not the "official" one, and it has a larger capacity. At the beginning, the battery level that Windows reported was not very accurate, but, honestly, I did...