Windows 10: Laptop shuts down completely even after hitting restart.

Discus and support Laptop shuts down completely even after hitting restart. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi folks, I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z580 laptop having I3-3120M CPU which runs Windows 10 Home edition. Recently I have came across a bizarre problem, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by maka, Oct 3, 2018.

1. maka Win User

Laptop shuts down completely even after hitting restart.

Hi folks,
    I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z580 laptop having I3-3120M CPU which runs Windows 10 Home edition. Recently I have came across a bizarre problem, I found that the restart option in my system is not working.
    1. Whenever I hit restart the system shuts down completely instead of restarting and I have make a manual restart thereafter
    2 Now, If I restart the laptop immediately after shutting down, the programs which were running before hitting 'restart' continue to run even after rebooting the laptop. But if I hard restart the Laptop after few minutes, the apps which were running before restart will no longer run after restart and laptop restarts normally.
    3. Also, same goes for the sleep, the Laptop not going into sleep mode and shuts down completely.
    4. Other functions of Laptop including shutdown and booting are working normally.
    I formatted the Windows partition of my HDD completely from Command Prompt, and reinstalled the windows but the problem still persists. Also while installation whenever the system reboots itself automatically, it shuts down and I need to reboot it manually to resume the installation.

:)

maka, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Carbo Win User

Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

Hi, Phil. I'm doing what I've always done: slide the cursor to the lower left screen and click on Shut Down. But instead of shutting down the laptop responds as if I hit Restart.
    Just tried your suggestion and hit shift but it made no difference. Laptop rebooted.

Carbo, Oct 3, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Laptop shuts down completely even after hitting restart. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 3, 2018
  4. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Laptop shuts down completely even after hitting restart. :confused:*Mad Laptop shuts down completely even after hitting restart. :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop shuts down completely even after hitting restart. - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restarting instead of shutting down: Hello, so my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming with ryzen 5 and GTX 1650 has been having this problem for quite some time now. The problem is that every time I press shutdown my pc restarts. It never shuts down by itself so I have to force shut down it every time, which I'm afraid is...
  3. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarting instead of shutting down: Hello, so my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming with ryzen 5 and GTX 1650 has been having this problem for quite some time now. The problem is that every time I press shutdown my pc restarts. It never shuts down by itself so I have to force shut down it every time, which I'm afraid is...
  4. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  5. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  6. Laptop won't restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't restart or shut down: If I attempt to restart the laptop it shows the black screen with the dots rotating with the "restarting" text on it and nothing happens, If I try to shut down the same happens only with the "shutting down" text. I tried shutting down all programs before turning off and It...
  7. Laptop restart after shutting down on battery power

Laptop restart after shutting down on battery power: Laptop restart after shutting down on battery power but when connected with charging adapter shut down until power is supplied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restart-after-shutting-down-on-battery/5fdfd35d-bee8-48db-b523-c94de0042d58
  8. My laptop restarts after I shut down

My laptop restarts after I shut down: I tried the solution given in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-restarts-automatically-after-shutdown/d975e3ec-4944-4849-9596-e2429246f48a I did steps 1 and 2 but could not find the power management tab as mentioned in step 3. My laptop...
  9. laptop is immediately restarting after I shut it down

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop is immediately restarting after I shut it down: This happened to me for the first time earlier today. I clicked 'shut down' on my HP laptop, the screen did the usual thing and went black, but then just a few seconds later the screen lit up with the 'welcome' page. Did the same thing several times and then I had to leave...
  10. PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.

PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.: I just got a new gaming headset and I plugged it in. It updated drivers and then I went to press shutdown. After pressing shutdown, I turned off my monitor and left the room. I came back into the room and was suprised my pc fan lights and keyboard and mouse lights were still...