Windows 10: Laptop shuts down completely instead of going into sleep mode after latest update

Discus and support Laptop shuts down completely instead of going into sleep mode after latest update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I installed the latest Windows 10 update two days ago. Ever since then, every time I set my computer to sleep, it shuts down completely. This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TristanL, May 26, 2019.

1. TristanL Win User

Laptop shuts down completely instead of going into sleep mode after latest update

I installed the latest Windows 10 update two days ago. Ever since then, every time I set my computer to sleep, it shuts down completely. This has happened once before about six months ago. The support staff restored my computer to the pre-update version. Would someone be able to provide details on how to do that on my own?

:)

TristanL, May 26, 2019

2. Laptop shuts completely down periodically when going to sleep

I've been enjoying the computer (laptop) shutting completely down every now and then when it goes to sleep, whether automatically or manually. Everything works smooth for up to a few days and suddenly, instead of going to sleep, the unit will just shut down.

I can boot it back up and there will be no problems whatsoever then again, shutting to into sleep mode, it completely shuts down the computer.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Rubert Mumps, May 26, 2019
  3. Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, May 26, 2019
  4. NeilDM Win User

Laptop shuts down completely instead of going into sleep mode after latest update

Laptop shuts down instead of going to sleep

I have a year-old Asus laptop and recently installed Windows 10. Now, instead of going to sleep it shuts down.

If I just leave it running, eventually it goes to sleep. If I don't leave it sleeping for too long it will wake up properly. But if I leave it sleeping for a while it will shut down. If I close the lid, instead of sleeping it shuts down. Under "what
    to do when the lid is closed" it is set to go to sleep but obviously this isn't working properly.

This is getting to be a real pain. Every time I open the lid I have to wait while it boots up.

So far, on a scale of 1 - 10 my satisfaction level with Windows 10 is about a 2!

NeilDM, May 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop shuts down completely instead of going into sleep mode after latest update - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping: HelloMy laptop keeps shutting down when I want it to sleep. Closing the lid, pressing the power button both are set to make it go to sleep and clicking on the sleep button from the start menu all make it shut down and I only notice that it has shut down when I fire it back up...
  3. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping: HelloMy laptop keeps shutting down when I want it to sleep. Closing the lid, pressing the power button both are set to make it go to sleep and clicking on the sleep button from the start menu all make it shut down and I only notice that it has shut down when I fire it back up...
  4. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I posted this same question in July, but I never found a solution, and now the old thread is locked, so here it is again: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for...
  6. Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep: About 2 weeks my computer just started shutting down when putting it to sleep. I don't know why it started doing that and i've checked the power options, but that doesn't seem to be the issue submitted by /u/VanishingBlaze [link] [comments]...
  7. PC Shutting down instead of going to sleep

PC Shutting down instead of going to sleep: I have put my computer to sleep every night for years and all the sudden it will not go to sleep any more. When I'm done with my work, I go to start > (power icon) > sleep and the screen goes black. Usually at this point a couple seconds later the fans would stop and the...
  8. Is there any setting for a laptop to go into sleep mode instead of shutting down when...

Is there any setting for a laptop to go into sleep mode instead of shutting down when...: My laptop is kinda old so it sometimes overheats and shuts down so is there any option to just make it go into sleep mode? submitted by /u/Zaphl1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6grjx/is_there_any_setting_for_a_laptop_to_go_into/
  9. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for a while, or select sleep from the shutdown menu options. I've looked up the issue, and it seems to be fairly common, but...
  10. My laptop shuts down instead of going to sleep

My laptop shuts down instead of going to sleep: When I put my laptop to sleep from power it shuts down. And the weird thing is i can turn it on if i click on space bar. Even if I close the lid it supposed to go to sleep (my power settings all put on sleep). Can anyone help me plz. Thanks. submitted by /u/00jamiil...