Windows 10: Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

Discus and support Laptop shuts down immediately after startup. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ArjunSrivathsa, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE
    i7 8th gen
    16 GB RAM
    256 GB SSD

1TB HDD

So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen turning on but then ultimately leading to an immediate shutdown in 5 to 10 sec. i can only work on the laptop after leaving it idle for 20 mins .
    And if i do get to log in to my account , i can only work on it for 5- 10 mins.
    (my suspicion is the cpu over heating judging by the 20 min idle time , but i'm not sure)
    would appreciate any help with this regard.

thanks in advance.

:)

ArjunSrivathsa, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 18, 2019
  3. HP Pavilion 15 randomly shuts down incorrectly if fast startup enabled

I've just updated an HP Pavilion 15 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home 64 bit). If fast startup is enabled, the laptop freezes at the very least step of the shutting down process. The shutting down process goes like this:

1. First you click on shut down
    2. The shut down screen appears
    3. The screen turns off and then the fan starts to spin at high speed
    4. After 4-5 seconds, the fan stops
    5. The laptop is completely turned off, no lights are turned on (in most of PC's)

Well, my problem is that randomly, the Pavilion 15 freezes after step 4 has been completed, with the light of the ON/OFF button turned on forever. Sometimes it turns off correctly, but many other times this happens. If I disable the fast startup, this won't happen and it will always turn off correctly.

What can I do?
    How is it that it's random?

I've tested this with no apps running on background, so that can't be the reason, besides, no apps or programs can freeze the system after the step 4 has been completed, since they are all shut down after step 1.

Also, the fast startup option was activated when I was using Windows 8.1 and never had a single problem with this laptop.

rambomhtri, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

laptop startup

Hi Victor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to do a power drain by following the steps below.

• Remove the battery.
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Start the computer by connecting the power source (battery should not be connected).
    • Check if the problem still persists while shutting down the computer.
    • If not, then connect the battery and can use the computer.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

1. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup. - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. laptop shutting down during startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop shutting down during startup: I had just found my old laptop, and I decided to reset it because I remember it was pretty slow, I thought it had a virus it kept spamming k. When I had come back it had shut down. so I turned it back on and went through the setup. I tried to open it up and access windows....
  3. laptop shutting down during startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop shutting down during startup: I had just found my old laptop, and I decided to reset it because I remember it was pretty slow, I thought it had a virus it kept spamming k. When I had come back it had shut down. so I turned it back on and went through the setup. I tried to open it up and access windows....
  4. laptop shutting down during startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop shuts down during startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down during startup: The laptop started restarting all of a sudden couple of days ago.I did factory reset but it did not work.My battery is dead but while plugging in same problem occurs.What should I do next?...
  6. Laptop shuts down during startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down during startup: The laptop started restarting all of a sudden couple of days ago.I did factory reset but it did not work.My battery is dead but while plugging in same problem occurs.What should I do next?...
  7. Laptop shuts down during startup

8. Computer turns on immediately after sleep and shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns on immediately after sleep and shut down: I've been having this issue for a while now, so I don't really remember what is the start of it. But whenever I turn off or put my computer in sleep mode, it turns right back on. I've actually just got done doing a complete system reset on my pc, but still having the same...
  9. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  10. laptop is immediately restarting after I shut it down

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop is immediately restarting after I shut it down: This happened to me for the first time earlier today. I clicked 'shut down' on my HP laptop, the screen did the usual thing and went black, but then just a few seconds later the screen lit up with the 'welcome' page. Did the same thing several times and then I had to leave...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. LAPTOP KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN AT START UP

2. asus laptop shuts down soon after booting up