Windows 10: Laptop shuts down multiple times before starting up

Discus and support Laptop shuts down multiple times before starting up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Using Windows 10. My laptop would be running fine, then it would just shut down if I leave it along for several minutes. I have it set so that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by compwiz02, Jan 5, 2021.

1. compwiz02 Win User

Laptop shuts down multiple times before starting up

Using Windows 10. My laptop would be running fine, then it would just shut down if I leave it along for several minutes. I have it set so that the screen dims but does not sleep or shutdown. It will shutdown, then restart but shut back down. Automatic repair would pop up a few times, then finally it would ask me if I want to restart or go to Advanced Diagnostics. I would restart and it would go to my desktop, then shut down again. Then start again and then all would be well. Basically, my laptop would restart several times before being able to run well.

I just had my laptop repaired a couple of weeks ago where they replaced my battery and fan. In Event Viewer, there's a bunch of warnings and the only error I see is this which displays at the moments my laptop shutdown:

The SECOMNService service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

A timeout was reached (45000 milliseconds) while waiting for the SECOMNService service to connect.

Any ideas?

:)

compwiz02, Jan 5, 2021

2. Word opens multiple times on signing in

Fairly recently, when I logon to my laptop, word opens multiple times. I have not left a document open before shutting down, so puzzled why this is happening. I have looked in startup - it is not listed there.

melissacohen1, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Laptop shuts down multiple times before starting up

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Laptop shuts down multiple times before starting up

1. Laptop shuts down multiple times before starting up - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Why my laptop is taking too much time than before to start after shutting down ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop is taking too much time than before to start after shutting down ?: Hello, I'm facing a issue in my laptop during start. After shutting down, it taking too much time to start from past few days. I found a guy on YouTube, he told that changing Number of Processor in BOOT Advance Option, will lead a fast start after shutdown. Is it safe ?...
  3. Why my laptop is taking too much time than before to start after shutting down ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my laptop is taking too much time than before to start after shutting down ?: Hello, I'm facing a issue in my laptop during start. After shutting down, it taking too much time to start from past few days. I found a guy on YouTube, he told that changing Number of Processor in BOOT Advance Option, will lead a fast start after shutdown. Is it safe ?...
  4. Laptop shuts down multiple times before starting up

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down multiple times before starting up: Using Windows 10. My laptop would be running fine, then it would just shut down if I leave it along for several minutes. I have it set so that the screen dims but does not sleep or shutdown. It will shutdown, then restart but shut back down. Automatic repair would pop up a...
  5. Multiple shut downs and restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple shut downs and restarts: My replacement Surface pro 7 has been experiencing multiple shut downs and restarts since I received it about 10 days ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-shut-downs-and-restarts/33468b70-b8e1-42d0-804d-008dd9819e40
  6. Labtop starting up then shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Labtop starting up then shutting down: Every time I try to turn on my computer it starts up but when I try to install Windows 10 on it it keeps its at 64% and then it shuts down and then it goes over the same process what should I do about this...
  7. laptop shutting down before battery is low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop shutting down before battery is low: laptop shutting down before battery is low how to fix this. This happened after windows update :-( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutting-down-before-battery-is-low/da7da672-6d86-4a85-9f8f-8b853dee86f4
  8. Laptop gets shut down after starting it up unplugged!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop gets shut down after starting it up unplugged!: Hey! I am facing a serious issue with my Windows 10 Laptop. When I start my laptop unplugged , it starts normally ;it asks for the password but once i enter it battery automatically gets into 1% and gets turned off. After turning off once I try to turn it back on unplugged or...
  9. BSOD before shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD before shutting down: When I shut down my laptop, the screen went black like normal shutdown, but suddenly BSOD with IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL. Device Model: ASUS X450LCP (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/X450LC/HelpDesk_Download/) Here is the minidump file:...
  10. shut down and start up background screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    shut down and start up background screen?: Well, i just upgraded to 10. I notice that the start up and shut screen is really dull. Where can i find the setting to adjust the screen for this part? 55145