Windows 10: Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode

Discus and support Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Team, I am facing strange issue with my Windows. When ever I close the lid, the laptop goes into sleep mode but when I open the lid instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VishalBib, Mar 9, 2021.

1. VishalBib Win User

Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode

Hi Team,

I am facing strange issue with my Windows. When ever I close the lid, the laptop goes into sleep mode but when I open the lid instead of coming out of the sleep mode, the laptop shuts down. This happens only when the charger is not connected i.e. the laptop is operating on battery mode.

I get the below error

-System

-Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}
    EventID41
    Version8
    Level1
    Task63
    Opcode0
    Keywords0x8000400000000002
    -TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2021-03-09T09:05:05.2970184Z
    EventRecordID7657
    Correlation
    -Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8
    ChannelSystem
    ComputerVishal
    -Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-18
    -EventData

BugcheckCode0
    BugcheckParameter10x0
    BugcheckParameter20x0
    BugcheckParameter30x0
    BugcheckParameter40x0
    SleepInProgress4
    PowerButtonTimestamp0
    BootAppStatus0
    Checkpoint0
    ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn1
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalse
    CheckpointStatus0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV20
    LongPowerButtonPressDetectedfalse

:)

VishalBib, Mar 9, 2021

2. Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, Mar 9, 2021
  3. smiley_s Win User
    Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017).

I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I expected the laptop to power on.

The power light comes on, but I see nothing but a black screen. The fan is however running.

In addition, I'm not seeing the indicator light for the hard drive. I tried a forced power down, waited about a

minute, and then tried again. Nothing happened. Once again, the power light came on, but it is still showing

a black screen and no hard drive light.

When I originally put the laptop in sleep mode, it shut down normally, so I wasn't suspecting any issues.

I had the laptop in sleep mode for several hours, and not connected to AC power, only using the battery.

There was no new software downloaded to the laptop recently, the only recent change that I can think of

was an UI update to my anti-virus software (McAfee).

Could the issue be in some way related either to the UI update, or the hard drive?

Any suggestions to what may be causing these issues would be very helpful.

Thanks.

smiley_s, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode

open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode

1. Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. laptop shuts down when put in sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop shuts down when put in sleep: this started after dell put on bios update and windows updates. Dell does not respond. is there something you can help me with? Could this be a windows power issue? HELP...
  3. My PC refuses to come out of sleep mode and when i try to shut it down or restart it blue...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC refuses to come out of sleep mode and when i try to shut it down or restart it blue...: when i try to shut it down or restart it it blue screens and gives me the stop code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, if i put it into sleep mode there's no way to get it out and have to force it to shut down. i'm not sure if this is something to do with recently installed drivers...
  4. Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode: hi, there's been a little issue with my laptop's power settings, i suppose. My laptop gets shut down when i close my lid to put to sleep mode. however it doesn't gets shut down within 1 hour or so but gets shut after more than 4-5 hrs. this doesn't happen to my brothers...
  5. Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode: Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017). I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I expected the laptop to power on. The power light comes on, but I see nothing but a black screen. The fan is however running. In...
  6. Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode

Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode: Hi, I'm having a crashing issue with a Toshiba Satellite S855-S5165 laptop. When the computer is put in sleep mode, the screen blacks out and the laptop freezes for ~ 5 minutes. After five minutes the laptop will crash and shutdown, generating a dump file. This happens...
  7. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...
  8. System shuts down when in sleep mode

System shuts down when in sleep mode: I really am not sure where to even look. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and had no problems for a while until I began using sleep mode. About every night or two when in sleep mode, my system shuts down. I'm not here when it does so I don't see a blue screen and appear to have no...
  9. Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???: Hi All I have a weird problem that started about 3 months ago before that all was well, if I put my Windows 10 laptop into Hibernation when I try to bring it out it shuts down, it does start to try to open but it gets to the point where the black background with the blue...
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...