Windows 10: Laptop Shuts Down When Cord Plugged In

Discus and support Laptop Shuts Down When Cord Plugged In in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop is an Asus K571GT with Windows 10 that I bought in November of 2019. At one point recently, the power cord for an HP Pavilion 15-n100 was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ElizabethLiberty1, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Laptop Shuts Down When Cord Plugged In

My laptop is an Asus K571GT with Windows 10 that I bought in November of 2019.

At one point recently, the power cord for an HP Pavilion 15-n100 was accidentally plugged in to this laptop. The plugs are similar, and it actually fit and charged the laptop briefly, but I noticed that the system was really slow and laggy while it was plugged in, so I unplugged it.

Things were fine until this happened again. This time, plugging in the HP cord made the computer abruptly lose power. It completely went dead, and then started up again a few seconds later. I unplugged the HP cord and plugged in my Asus cord.

This morning when I plugged in my Asus cord, it did the same thing.

Any ideas? I doubt it's a problem with the cord, since both cords made this happen, and I'm hoping it's not a problem with the motherboard somehow, since this computer is practically brand new. Could this be a Windows problem?

TIA!

:)

ElizabethLiberty1, Mar 7, 2020
  2. AlAnony Win User

HP G72 laptop charging cord plug issues

I own a G72 laptop with AC cord that plugs into input on computer. Excuse my lack of correct verbiage for the part names, computers are not my strong suit. The plug going into unit will not stay on the solid white light nor the orange charging light
    status. I can even hold it in and it invariably shuts off as the battery is not charged and unit is not getting power. Replaced cord and same issue. Battery is practically new.

AlAnony, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Plug in power cord shuts down computer

WIN10: When getting Low Batt. Alert & plug in power cord, always Shuts Down. Started happening after adjusting Low Battery Alert %.

AndyClark1, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Laptop Shuts Down When Cord Plugged In

My laptop upgraded to Windows 10 and now it's been stuck on the blue shutting down screen for days. Help.

Hi,

As per the screen shot that you have send, I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop. To do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Shuts Down When Cord Plugged In

1. Laptop Shuts Down When Cord Plugged In - Similar Threads - Laptop Shuts Down

2. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron-3567. I have been using in for 2 years, but recently when i plug in the charger it works for about 30 mins to 1 hour and suddenly shuts down. It wont turn back on unless I reconnect the battery and charger. I tried power draining the laptop but...
  3. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron-3567. I have been using in for 2 years, but recently when i plug in the charger it works for about 30 mins to 1 hour and suddenly shuts down. It wont turn back on unless I reconnect the battery and charger. I tried power draining the laptop but...
  4. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. laptop slows down when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop slows down when plugged in: so ive had this problem since i bought my new laptop a month ago. i have an acer aspire a515-45 with windows 11. whenever i plug the charger in the laptop starts lagging so hard its unuseableve, even if its just google the lag still persists. ive tried it all but havent been...
  6. Laptop Slows Down When Plugged In.

Laptop Slows Down When Plugged In.: Laptop: HP EliteBook 8540w O.S: Windows 10 After a year of buying this laptop, when the battery used to be lower than 80% Either plugged in or not, the system used to slow down to the point of being unusablegames and videos lagging, webpages become unresponsive and etc.....
  7. Laptop shuts down when plugged in.

Laptop shuts down when plugged in.: I have HP ay-511tx laptop with windows 10 installed on it. While working on it, whenever I plug the laptop in the charger, the speed of fan increase a lot and it just shuts down after 2-3 minutes. I have already recovered this laptop to its factory date but it didn’t work. I...
  8. Laptop shuts down as soon as power cord is unlpluged.

Laptop shuts down as soon as power cord is unlpluged.: I have getting this issue from last one day. The laptop works well till the power cable is plugged but as soon as the cable is unplugged the laptop shuts down immediately. What should I do in such situation. Please Help....
  9. Laptop turns on when plugged in + time stops counting when shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop turns on when plugged in + time stops counting when shut down: I have a bit of an unusual problem? This first started Sunday night. I shut my laptop down with no problems, fans and lights and stuff turned off -- literally everything to tell me that it successfully shut down. Didn't touch my laptop for 2 days because I got busy....
  10. Computer shuts down when USB is plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shuts down when USB is plugged in: When I plug an USB flash drive, the computer shuts down and display the blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-when-usb-is-plugged-in/8dd1bc79-9fc3-40a6-8374-706a09b124d3