Windows 10: Laptop shuts down when i have it set to 'do nothing'

Discus and support Laptop shuts down when i have it set to 'do nothing' in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have my laptop set to 'do nothing' when i close the lid. both on battery and when it is plugged in. However, it either goes to sleep or hibernates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jkhcast, May 31, 2019.

1. jkhcast Win User

Laptop shuts down when i have it set to 'do nothing'

i have my laptop set to 'do nothing' when i close the lid. both on battery and when it is plugged in. However, it either goes to sleep or hibernates EVERY time i close the lid. AND IT WILL NOT COME BACK ON. AT ALL. I have tried every suggested 'fix' that i have found in the 'community'. NOTHING works.

the 'troubleshoot option' only tells me that i need to change to a different "default" power setting. DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT. uninstalling and reinstalling the display driver DOES NOTHING. And there are NO updates for it. I also have it set to NEVER go to sleep and NEVER to hibernate. If i leave the lid open (forever) it will never shut down, sleep or hibernate. but the minute i close the lid, GAME OVER. i cant leave the lid open forever. Another piece of crap from Windows 10. i have done every update when it comes along (and by the way i love how it removes/changes all my settings after an update, great product).

I am on an HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-bp 1xx

running Windows 10 home

version 1803

Build 17134.765

:)

jkhcast, May 31, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 31, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 31, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop shuts down when i have it set to 'do nothing' - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Laptop shuts down when lid is closed regardless of setting .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down when lid is closed regardless of setting .: My hp15 laptop has decided to shut down completely when the lid is closed regardless of being set to 'Do Nothing' or to 'Sleep' in either power mode. This has been happening for over a week.I have tried various recommended solutions with no change.When I start it again it...
  3. Laptop shuts down when lid is closed regardless of setting .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down when lid is closed regardless of setting .: My hp15 laptop has decided to shut down completely when the lid is closed regardless of being set to 'Do Nothing' or to 'Sleep' in either power mode. This has been happening for over a week.I have tried various recommended solutions with no change.When I start it again it...
  4. I have problem with shutting down then laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problem with shutting down then laptop: Hey I have problem with laptop which is windows 11 and it whenever I shut down the computer it always turn back on without click power button i tired shut it down with power button for 5 sec it always back on without me turning it on and it sometimes when it's turning on it's...
  5. I have problem with shutting down then laptop

I have problem with shutting down then laptop: Hey I have problem with laptop which is windows 11 and it whenever I shut down the computer it always turn back on without click power button i tired shut it down with power button for 5 sec it always back on without me turning it on and it sometimes when it's turning on it's...
  6. Laptop shuts down when i touch it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop shuts down when i touch it: Hello! My name is Aakash.I had no issues with my laptop until today. When I turn on my laptop, it boots fine. But, when i touch a specific part of my laptop which is a small area to the left of the touchpad, it shuts down. No BSOD or anything, just turns off like u remove the...
  7. Laptop shuts down when i touch it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down when i touch it: Hello! My name is Aakash.I had no issues with my laptop until today. When I turn on my laptop, it boots fine. But, when i touch a specific part of my laptop which is a small area to the left of the touchpad, it shuts down. No BSOD or anything, just turns off like u remove the...
  8. Laptop shuts down when i touch it

9. Laptop shuts down when i touch it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. External monitor goes blank when laptop lid shut - power settings set to do nothing when...

in Windows 10 Customization
    External monitor goes blank when laptop lid shut - power settings set to do nothing when...: Hi all,I'm having problems with my external monitor - as soon as I close my laptop lid it goes blank. The laptop is still on power settings are set to 'do nothing' when the lid is shut, but the screen still goes blank.I've tried setting the external monitor as the main...