Windows 10: Laptop shuts down when it goes to sleep

Discus and support Laptop shuts down when it goes to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So every time my Asus laptop goes to sleep, it shuts down, no matter how little time it is in sleep mode. I have checked the settings available for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sviih, Feb 25, 2020.

1. sviih Win User

Laptop shuts down when it goes to sleep

So every time my Asus laptop goes to sleep, it shuts down, no matter how little time it is in sleep mode. I have checked the settings available for power and battery and there is nothing that helps in solving this problem. I have updated my Windows 10 to the latest version and I ran the power troubleshoot but no issues were identified.

It's a quite frustrating problem and has caused me to lose some word documents. Is there anything I can do about this?

:)

sviih, Feb 25, 2020

2. my laptop goes to sleep when i tell it to shut down

Hi Team,

As requested please find the below details.
    • When did this issue start to occur? from past two month.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far? Haven't done any thing.
    • Did you make any recent changes on the settings of your PC? NO
    • Are you seeing any error message before it goes to sleep mode? No
    Regards,

Tebin Thomas, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Laptop goes to sleep to quickly

Hi Teri,

Conflicts with the screensaver settings is one of the possible reasons why your laptop goes to sleep quickly. Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue? We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that was provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969. Many community members find their post helpful.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

my laptop goes to sleep when i tell it to shut down

Hello,

Please provide the following information, so we can further assess the possible cause of the issue:

• When did this issue start to occur?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Did you make any recent changes on the settings of your PC?
    • Are you seeing any error message before it goes to sleep mode?
    Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop shuts down when it goes to sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping: HelloMy laptop keeps shutting down when I want it to sleep. Closing the lid, pressing the power button both are set to make it go to sleep and clicking on the sleep button from the start menu all make it shut down and I only notice that it has shut down when I fire it back up...
  3. Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle: Hello,I'm asking a question because I tried all the methods I found here.I'm trying to fix a problem on an Asus k551ln that shuts down instead of going to sleep when let idle. I tried a lot of methods running troubleshooting, reinstalling fully clean windows, powercfg...
  4. Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle: Hello,I'm asking a question because I tried all the methods I found here.I'm trying to fix a problem on an Asus k551ln that shuts down instead of going to sleep when let idle. I tried a lot of methods running troubleshooting, reinstalling fully clean windows, powercfg...
  5. Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Laptop shuts down insted of sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down insted of sleep: Whenever i put my laptop to sleepor it automaticaly goes to sleep and everytime i start it,the laptop shuts down and restart again,because of this i have lost my very important work which i was doing in powerpoint, the laptop goes to sleep and when i pressed any key it starts...
  7. laptop shuts down when put in sleep

laptop shuts down when put in sleep: this started after dell put on bios update and windows updates. Dell does not respond. is there something you can help me with? Could this be a windows power issue? HELP...
  8. Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode

Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode: hi, there's been a little issue with my laptop's power settings, i suppose. My laptop gets shut down when i close my lid to put to sleep mode. however it doesn't gets shut down within 1 hour or so but gets shut after more than 4-5 hrs. this doesn't happen to my brothers...
  9. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...