Windows 10: Laptop shuts down when it's in energy saving mode?

Discus and support Laptop shuts down when it's in energy saving mode? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, most of the time I don't shut down my laptop (Acer Aspire 3) because I have to leave important tabs open. That's why I only set it to energy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Marieplu, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Marieplu Win User

Laptop shuts down when it's in energy saving mode?

Hello, most of the time I don't shut down my laptop (Acer Aspire 3) because I have to leave important tabs open. That's why I only set it to energy saving mode. I have noticed that when it has been on for a few days, it shuts down when I click on save energy.

My question: Why is he doing this or what can I do?

Kind regards

:)

Marieplu, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Nexaddo Win User

MSI GT783R laptop shuts down when playing games

hi everone.

for the past week my MSI GT783R gaming laptop have been shutting down when playing games.
    after starting a game within a minute or 2, the laptop will shut itself off without warning, then start-up again.
    after that it usually shuts off again mid-boot or just after it loaded windows.

a few things i have noticed and tried:
    1) it only happens when the AC charger is plugged in, both when battery is hooked to the laptop or not.
    2) GPU and CPU temps are below 80c when the shut down happens
    3) i already suspected an overheating issue, opened up the laptop, cleaned both CPU and GPU and their heatsinks + fan and applied new thermal paste (Arctic MX-4).
    4) tried using a different AC charger, from my brothers GT780DXR laptop.
    5) i formatted my pc and did a clean windows 7 64-bit install.

despite all of the steps above the issue yet remains.
    i scoured google for the past week with no luck.

please help me!

thanks in advance

Nexaddo, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Cake5 Win User
    Laptop restarts when i try to shut down

What methods have you used to shut it down? The usual ways are to open Start, click the power icon and then choose Shut Down. Alternatively you can go onto the desktop and press Alt+F4 to open the shut down/restart dialog. Third,
    type "shut down" into the Start search and click the "shut down" entry.

Also see
    this forum post
    from 2015. Microsoft staff member answer below copied from linked:

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then try to shut down.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3:

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are

causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Ravindra R Kamath

Microsoft Community

Cake5, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Laptop shuts down when it's in energy saving mode?

laptop not shutting down

Hello,

The previous update you've installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes, and newly installed applications on your device that may have affected your computer's performance?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you disable the Hybrid Shutdown manually. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Power Options.
    • On the left side of the window, click Choose what the power button do.
    • If in case it is needed, click Change settings that are currently unavailable, under
      Define power buttons then turn on password protection.
    • From the enabled options, under the Shutdown settings section, uncheck
      Turn on fast startup (recommended)
      checkbox to disable Hybrid Shutdown. Click Save changes to save.
    • Try to shut down the computer once again.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Laptop shuts down when it's in energy saving mode?

1. Laptop shuts down when it's in energy saving mode? - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode: Hi Team, I am facing strange issue with my Windows. When ever I close the lid, the laptop goes into sleep mode but when I open the lid instead of coming out of the sleep mode, the laptop shuts down. This happens only when the charger is not connected i.e. the laptop is...
  3. Energy Saving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Energy Saving: Hi, I like the default dark background in W10. But still there are some features in Windows, that will use Energy for no reason as the Screensaver. In a World thinking about his Energy poblems, you should disable the possibility to even activate such features. did you...
  4. teams and chrome shutting down because of the energy saving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    teams and chrome shutting down because of the energy saving: [ATTACH] When I'm doing something at my desktop a green energysaving icon shows up and the application either shuts down or will not react. This happens a lot at chrome and teams....
  5. Balanced or energy saving mode Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Balanced or energy saving mode Win10?: What's the difference in Windows 10's power plan between Balanced and Sleep? Ausbalanciert oder Energiesparmodus Win10?
  6. Computer restarts when trying to enter energy saving mode

Computer restarts when trying to enter energy saving mode: Hello somehow instead of going to sleep my computer always restarts when I try to enter the energy saving mode. This happens since I have totally new hardware. Thanks in advance....
  7. Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode

Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode: hi, there's been a little issue with my laptop's power settings, i suppose. My laptop gets shut down when i close my lid to put to sleep mode. however it doesn't gets shut down within 1 hour or so but gets shut after more than 4-5 hrs. this doesn't happen to my brothers...
  8. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...
  9. NIC card shutting down "to save energy", can't change setting back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NIC card shutting down "to save energy", can't change setting back: Some how my internet "network adapter" was set to "shut off to conserve energy", but I got impatient with the delay and sought to change it back, so I found the setting and unchecked the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to conserve power". It is still doing...
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...