Windows 10: Laptop shuts down when plugged in.

Discus and support Laptop shuts down when plugged in. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have HP ay-511tx laptop with windows 10 installed on it. While working on it, whenever I plug the laptop in the charger, the speed of fan increase a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Techy 789, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Techy 789 Win User

Laptop shuts down when plugged in.

I have HP ay-511tx laptop with windows 10 installed on it. While working on it, whenever I plug the laptop in the charger, the speed of fan increase a lot and it just shuts down after 2-3 minutes. I have already recovered this laptop to its factory date but it didn’t work. I have also changed its charger, but it didn’t work. Please help!!!

:)

Techy 789, Sep 21, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    laptop shuts off on full batter while not plugged

Hi Ashley,

In order for us to isolate the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• What is the model of your ASUS laptop?
    • Have you tried to power on your device after it shuts down without connecting it to the charger?
    • Have you made any changes or applied an update to your device prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Laptop shuts down when plugged in.

Laptop charging icon shows charging even when my charger is not plugged in

Hi,

I understand the previous solution worked only temporarily and the issue remains the same so as to the next step in solving this issue I would suggest you follow the below.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Click to open Device Manager

Step 3:

Click Batteries on the list to expand it and you should see two items: Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

Step 4:

Right-click on each item and choose the Uninstall device. Yes, you are uninstalling your laptop's battery drivers, but don't worry because they will automatically be reinstalled when you restart your laptop.

Step 5:

Shut down your laptop.

Step 6:

Unplug the power cable from your laptop.

If your laptop has a removable battery, remove it. If no removable battery skip this step.

Step 7:

Put the battery back in if you removed it.

Step 8:

Plug in your laptop.

Step 9:

Power on your laptop.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Laptop shuts down when plugged in.

1. Laptop shuts down when plugged in. - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron-3567. I have been using in for 2 years, but recently when i plug in the charger it works for about 30 mins to 1 hour and suddenly shuts down. It wont turn back on unless I reconnect the battery and charger. I tried power draining the laptop but...
  3. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron-3567. I have been using in for 2 years, but recently when i plug in the charger it works for about 30 mins to 1 hour and suddenly shuts down. It wont turn back on unless I reconnect the battery and charger. I tried power draining the laptop but...
  4. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. laptop slows down when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop slows down when plugged in: so ive had this problem since i bought my new laptop a month ago. i have an acer aspire a515-45 with windows 11. whenever i plug the charger in the laptop starts lagging so hard its unuseableve, even if its just google the lag still persists. ive tried it all but havent been...
  6. laptop slows down when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop slows down when plugged in: so ive had this problem since i bought my new laptop a month ago. i have an acer aspire a515-45 with windows 11. whenever i plug the charger in the laptop starts lagging so hard its unuseableve, even if its just google the lag still persists. ive tried it all but havent been...
  7. Laptop Slows Down When Plugged In.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Slows Down When Plugged In.: Laptop: HP EliteBook 8540w O.S: Windows 10 After a year of buying this laptop, when the battery used to be lower than 80% Either plugged in or not, the system used to slow down to the point of being unusablegames and videos lagging, webpages become unresponsive and etc.....
  8. Laptop Shuts Down When Cord Plugged In

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Shuts Down When Cord Plugged In: My laptop is an Asus K571GT with Windows 10 that I bought in November of 2019. At one point recently, the power cord for an HP Pavilion 15-n100 was accidentally plugged in to this laptop. The plugs are similar, and it actually fit and charged the laptop briefly, but I...
  9. Laptop turns on when plugged in + time stops counting when shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop turns on when plugged in + time stops counting when shut down: I have a bit of an unusual problem? This first started Sunday night. I shut my laptop down with no problems, fans and lights and stuff turned off -- literally everything to tell me that it successfully shut down. Didn't touch my laptop for 2 days because I got busy....
  10. Computer shuts down when USB is plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shuts down when USB is plugged in: When I plug an USB flash drive, the computer shuts down and display the blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-when-usb-is-plugged-in/8dd1bc79-9fc3-40a6-8374-706a09b124d3