Windows 10: Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

Discus and support Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Laptop shuts down when closing the lid or putting it to sleep and even to hibernate. All my applications closes when I turn my laptop on. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EldestNemesis, May 5, 2023.

1. Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

Laptop shuts down when closing the lid or putting it to sleep and even to hibernate. All my applications closes when I turn my laptop on. I have tried everything in the power options many command promts but none of them helped. I even did a reset on my laptop but the problem is still there pls help

:)

EldestNemesis, May 5, 2023

2. When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.

Hello,
    I've got a problem (or a feature ? Not so sure) that when I finish my work, I shutting down my laptop, while waiting it to be shut down, I close the lid.
    The problem is when I close the lid, the laptop go into sleep mode, and when I back to work, I open the lid to press the power button and it resume the 'shut down' process.
    This hasn't happen before, any suggestion ? Many thanks Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid :)

phamthanhnhan, May 5, 2023
  3. zygoat Win User
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD after closing lid of laptop(sleep)

A few hours ago I had closed the lid of my laptop to put it to sleep. But after opening it again, I saw that the PC had shut down. WhoCrashed showed that there was a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error and listed ntoskrnl.exe.

I have attached the Log Collector's results below.

Thanks in advance!

Currently using Windows 10 version 2004 64 bit.

Attachment 291243

zygoat, May 5, 2023
  4. Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Hi Gan,

This scenario happens when your Power Options is misconfigured. For us to have this isolated, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Power & sleep tab.
    • On the right side, click on Additional power settings.
    • On the left pane, select Choose what closing the lid does.
    • Under Power button and lid settings, click the drop down next to
      When I close the lid.
    • Select Shut down.
    • Click on Save changes button.
    • When you’re ready to make your PC shut down, close your laptop's lid.

Note: Every time that you will close the lid, your laptop will automatically shut down.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, May 5, 2023
Thema:

Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

1. Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid: Laptop shuts down when closing the lid or putting it to sleep and even to hibernate. All my applications closes when I turn my laptop on. I have tried everything in the power options many command promts but none of them helped. I even did a reset on my laptop but the problem...
  3. Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid: Laptop shuts down when closing the lid or putting it to sleep and even to hibernate. All my applications closes when I turn my laptop on. I have tried everything in the power options many command promts but none of them helped. I even did a reset on my laptop but the problem...
  4. laptop shuts down when i close the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop shuts down when i close the lid: my laptop is shutting downnot sleep when i close the lid which use to go hibernate about 3 days ago...facing this problem from 3 days.....checked with power options.....everything is fine there....plz help...
  5. Always shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Always shuts down when lid is closed: When I close my laptops lid windows will shutdown Instead of sleeping? (Windows pro N on dell latitude e6420) submitted by /u/Miner142 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnfoq7/always_shuts_down_when_lid_is_closed/
  6. Laptop Shuts Down instead of Sleeping When I Close the Lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Shuts Down instead of Sleeping When I Close the Lid: Laptop Shuts Down instead of Sleeping When I Close the Lid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shuts-down-instead-of-sleeping-when-i-close/af25b279-4190-4528-8f03-dd4290d6a1eb
  7. laptop shuts down when put in sleep

laptop shuts down when put in sleep: this started after dell put on bios update and windows updates. Dell does not respond. is there something you can help me with? Could this be a windows power issue? HELP...
  8. Shut Down when closing the lid

Shut Down when closing the lid: I have set my Win 10 computer's Power Options in the Control Panel to shut down when I close the lid. However I have noticed that after the screen is locked after ten minutes of no activity it does not shut down when I close the lid, it just stays in the locked screen...
  9. Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid

Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid: About a week ago my laptop had a change or hard drive. When I got it back, the screen went blank after being put on sleep mode, but I still could see and use the mouse. I rolled back the display driver and now it won’t project image through hdmi, and whenever I put it on...
  10. Computer shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when lid is closed: My computer doesn't suspend or hibernate when I close the lid no matter which configurations I set on power options. It always shuts down the computer. If I click the power button before closing the lid, it suspends but when I close the lid he shuts down. I've tried to update...