Windows 10: Laptop Shuts Down when Unplugged

Discus and support Laptop Shuts Down when Unplugged in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an ASUS UX360CA working on a Windows 10. But lately, after my last update I think, my laptop has been shutting down in about 5 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ojasvi Pandya, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Laptop Shuts Down when Unplugged

Hi,

I have an ASUS UX360CA working on a Windows 10. But lately, after my last update I think, my laptop has been shutting down in about 5 minutes after I unplug it from charging.

It is on "Full Capacity Mode" using the Asus Battery Health Charging application.

I tried shutting it down, unplugging it, holding the power button for 60 seconds, and then charging it, but to no avail.

I have also tried uninstalling the battery driverACPI compliant and rebooting it, again did not work, and editing my power plan system cooling policy, maximum processor state, which failed to work too.

I'm almost positive it's a problem with one of the latest updates.

I'd much appreciate any insights or solutions to the problem. Thanks!

PFA the update history. It's been about a week or two since the problem. Laptop Shuts Down when Unplugged 22e0d716-f0be-4e97-be19-6358b7db2285?upload=true.png

:)

Ojasvi Pandya, Mar 23, 2020

2. My laptop shuts down when I unplug it, even though the battery is full.

Hi. Just recently I noticed my laptop shuts down when I unplug it, even though the battery is full.

In case you require specifications, they are-

ASUS X541U Series

• Intel Core i7
    • 8GB RAM
    • Windows 10
    • 1TB Hard Disk
    I only got this laptop a year ago.

Can anyone help me fix this problem?

floppydisk_000, Mar 23, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    how do i get my laptop to start charging up again (after an update)

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Laptop Shuts Down when Unplugged

My laptop upgraded to Windows 10 and now it's been stuck on the blue shutting down screen for days. Help.

Hi,

As per the screen shot that you have send, I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop. To do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Shuts Down when Unplugged

1. Laptop Shuts Down when Unplugged - Similar Threads - Laptop Shuts Down

2. laptop take forever to shut down and uses battery whilst unplugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop take forever to shut down and uses battery whilst unplugged.: I had quite a few issues with this HP omen 17" laptop, but now when i shut it down it can take over 10 mins to actually turn off, it just sit there with the "shutting down" screen and the HDD light is flashing away on the side the keyboard is lit up and fans still going, but...
  3. My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged: This all happen after KB5011831 Windows 10 update at 4:25:28 am at 8 May 2022 check the battery report with that dateWhen the update are downloaded, I choose the power option at start menu: "Update and Shut Down" THIS IS THE BATTERY REPORT::- Battery reportCOMPUTER...
  4. Laptop slows down when I unplug it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop slows down when I unplug it: Hi, Recently my computer has had a significant slowdown when unplugged and I was wondering how I can speed it up. This is a new thing and I'm not sure why this is happening because I've never really had problems with my laptop when it is unplugged. I know that laptops...
  5. SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT when shutting down laptop

SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT when shutting down laptop: When I was shutting down my Dell Laptop, when a error box popped up, with text that I didn't have time to read before the system shutdown. To clarify, it was not a blue screen, and when I booted back up, I was taken to desktop like normal, NOT windows recovery. After looking...
  6. SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT When shutting down Laptop

SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT When shutting down Laptop: When I was shutting down my Dell Laptop, when a error box popped up, with text that I didn't have time to read before the system shutdown. To clarify, it was not a blue screen, and when I booted back up, I was taken to desktop like normal, NOT windows recovery. After looking...
  7. Laptop shuts down when plugged in.

Laptop shuts down when plugged in.: I have HP ay-511tx laptop with windows 10 installed on it. While working on it, whenever I plug the laptop in the charger, the speed of fan increase a lot and it just shuts down after 2-3 minutes. I have already recovered this laptop to its factory date but it didn’t work. I...
  8. Laptop shutting down when unplugged even when fully charged

Laptop shutting down when unplugged even when fully charged: It started to happen after a month when i bought the laptop. I factory reset it to see if it would help and it worked normally for about 30 minutes then it shut down. Now i have to keep it plugged in all the time. Please help...
  9. Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged: My laptop is an Alienware 14 running Windows 10. Every few days or longer, it automatically turns off without warning, and does it a lot more often until I unplug it and wait a long time. It happens even more often whenever it's unplugged at any time. There's nothing wrong...
  10. Laptop gets shut down after starting it up unplugged!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop gets shut down after starting it up unplugged!: Hey! I am facing a serious issue with my Windows 10 Laptop. When I start my laptop unplugged , it starts normally ;it asks for the password but once i enter it battery automatically gets into 1% and gets turned off. After turning off once I try to turn it back on unplugged or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus laptop shuts off when unplugged