Windows 10: Laptop shuts down whenever i turn on from sleep.

Discus and support Laptop shuts down whenever i turn on from sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whenever i turn on my laptop from sleep, it turns on but shut downs completely after few seconds. I've been facing this issue for 3 months now. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VK2227, May 4, 2023.

1. VK2227 Win User

Laptop shuts down whenever i turn on from sleep.

Whenever i turn on my laptop from sleep, it turns on but shut downs completely after few seconds. I've been facing this issue for 3 months now. I have Windows 10 Home Edition. My windows is up to date and the power settings are all default.

:)

VK2227, May 4, 2023

2. When closing laptop lid computer shuts down. In Power Options, closing laptop lid should make the laptop Sleep

My laptop is an Acer Aspire V3-571G. I have followed the two methods listed in your post to no avail.

However, I do have some more info regarding the issue. As it turns out, the laptop will only turn off in sleep mode after some time has passed. I am not sure how much time is required for it to shut down, only that it does. Sorry for not listing that in
    the first post, I didn't notice until earlier today.

Is it possible that there is a setting that determines how long the computer will sleep until it shuts down?

Ian_Kendall, May 4, 2023
  3. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

Hello

My laptop keeps shutting down when I want it to sleep. Closing the lid, pressing the power button (both are set to make it go to sleep) and clicking on the sleep button from the start menu all make it shut down and I only notice that it has shut down when I fire it back up and see that everything is closed. I've tried this but it doesn't do anything and it resets the value back to 20.

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Kirubiel

Windows 10 Version 22H2

OS Build 19045.2364

Kirubiel Shimeles, May 4, 2023
  4. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, May 4, 2023
Thema:

1. Laptop shuts down whenever i turn on from sleep. - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. My HP laptop has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP laptop has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.: The screen is completely blank, but the power button is on and the caps lock is flashing as well—3 long, 5 short. It usually takes a long pattern of turning it off and turning it on for it to work. The second time this happened, I got an error saying "CMOS checksum is...
  3. My HP laptop has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP laptop has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.: The screen is completely blank, but the power button is on and the caps lock is flashing as well—3 long, 5 short. It usually takes a long pattern of turning it off and turning it on for it to work. The second time this happened, I got an error saying "CMOS checksum is...
  4. Laptop shuts down whenever i turn on from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down whenever i turn on from sleep.: Whenever i turn on my laptop from sleep, it turns on but shut downs completely after few seconds. I've been facing this issue for 3 months now. I have Windows 10 Home Edition. My windows is up to date and the power settings are all default....
  5. Laptop shuts down whenever i turn on from sleep.

Laptop shuts down whenever i turn on from sleep.: Whenever i turn on my laptop from sleep, it turns on but shut downs completely after few seconds. I've been facing this issue for 3 months now. I have Windows 10 Home Edition. My windows is up to date and the power settings are all default....
  6. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping: HelloMy laptop keeps shutting down when I want it to sleep. Closing the lid, pressing the power button both are set to make it go to sleep and clicking on the sleep button from the start menu all make it shut down and I only notice that it has shut down when I fire it back up...
  7. Laptop shuts down insted of sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down insted of sleep: Whenever i put my laptop to sleepor it automaticaly goes to sleep and everytime i start it,the laptop shuts down and restart again,because of this i have lost my very important work which i was doing in powerpoint, the laptop goes to sleep and when i pressed any key it starts...
  8. Laptop shuts down insted of sleep

Laptop shuts down insted of sleep: Whenever i put my laptop to sleepor it automaticaly goes to sleep and everytime i start it,the laptop shuts down and restart again,because of this i have lost my very important work which i was doing in powerpoint, the laptop goes to sleep and when i pressed any key it starts...
  9. My laptop shuts down whenever I touch it!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop shuts down whenever I touch it!!: I have windows 10 pro and it was working fine till yesterday evening. From yesterday whenever I touch or put my hand beside my touchpad my laptop shuts down immediately and when i try to re-start it blue screen appears. But the funny thing is this that this shut down thing...
  10. Laptop shuts down instead of resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down instead of resuming from sleep: Recently, my laptop started doing this. I'd say in the last 3-4 weeks. It goes to sleep when I shut the lid or put it to sleep, but shuts off when lid is opened, power button is pressed, etc. It's a Lenovo P51s, version 20H. All updates are current, both Microsoft and...