Windows 10: Laptop shuts down with lid closed despite settings

Discus and support Laptop shuts down with lid closed despite settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The other day, my work laptop insisted on installing some huge update. Now, DESPITE all of the Power Settings and What To Do When Lid Is Closed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bjj8383, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Laptop shuts down with lid closed despite settings

The other day, my work laptop insisted on installing some huge update. Now, DESPITE all of the Power Settings and What To Do When Lid Is Closed Settings clearly stating otherwise, my machine seemingly insists upon shutting down - rather than going to sleep - upon shutting the lid while unplugged.

submitted by /u/bjj8383
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bjj8383, Aug 22, 2020

2. lid close shuts down Pavilion laptop (eventhough settings say never)

When I close the lid, regardless of any advanced power settings telling it to do nothing, hibernate, sleep, etc, it will shut down. I've looked this up and I can see a lot of people are having similar troubles, but I haven't had any solutions work. I've
    updated drivers, checked system, battery, users settings, etc.

Just to emphasize, this is despite having the power settings set to make the laptop sleep when the lid closes- it will shut down. Despite being told to do nothing- it will shut down.

Thanks.

MarieHoward2, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Laptop shuts down when lid is closed

Yesterday I clean installed windows 10 onto my laptop (Asus GL551 Series GL551JM-DH71) to hopefully fix this very problem, but it still persists and is even worse now.

When I close the lid, regardless of any advanced power settings telling it to do nothing, hibernate, sleep, etc, it will shut down. It's making it very hard to do anything on it. I've looked this up and I can see a lot of people are having similar troubles,
    but I haven't had any solutions work.

Just to emphasize, this is despite having the power settings set to make the laptop sleep when the lid closes- it will shut down.

despite being told to do nothing- it will shut down.

Any help is appreciated.

CyrusMontes De Oca, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Laptop shuts down with lid closed despite settings

Closing the lid shuts down the system

I use a Dell Precision 5510 with windows 10 pro version 1909 with latest updates installed. I have been facing an issue since a month where when I close the lid of the laptop, the pc shuts down despite of the power settings set to 'go to sleep' when the
    'lid is closed'.

Ruks_cannister, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Laptop shuts down with lid closed despite settings

1. Laptop shuts down with lid closed despite settings - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Laptop shuts down when lid is closed regardless of setting .

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when lid is closed regardless of setting .: My hp15 laptop has decided to shut down completely when the lid is closed regardless of being set to 'Do Nothing' or to 'Sleep' in either power mode. This has been happening for over a week.I have tried various recommended solutions with no change.When I start it again it...
  3. Laptop shuts down when lid is closed regardless of setting .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down when lid is closed regardless of setting .: My hp15 laptop has decided to shut down completely when the lid is closed regardless of being set to 'Do Nothing' or to 'Sleep' in either power mode. This has been happening for over a week.I have tried various recommended solutions with no change.When I start it again it...
  4. Laptop shuts down when lid is closed regardless of setting .

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Closing lid on old Laptop only shuts it down intermittently despite relevant Setting.

Closing lid on old Laptop only shuts it down intermittently despite relevant Setting.: This is an issue as it doesn’t get used very often and the battery is degraded. I presume it is a hardware issue; but maybe there is some extra setting alteration someone may advise of which may fix it. OS is updated Win. 10 and the only setting that seems associated which...
  6. Closing lid on old Laptop only shuts it down intermittently despite relevant Setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing lid on old Laptop only shuts it down intermittently despite relevant Setting.: This is an issue as it doesn’t get used very often and the battery is degraded. I presume it is a hardware issue; but maybe there is some extra setting alteration someone may advise of which may fix it. OS is updated Win. 10 and the only setting that seems associated which...
  7. Closing lid on old Laptop only shuts it down intermittently despite relevant Setting.

8. Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid

Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid: My HP laptop keeps on shut sown while closing the lid. I am using currently windows 11 and I updated to this version " 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5006674" last night. Since then I am facing this issue 1. I have checked the settings and it...
  9. ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting"...: My work ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting" set to "Do Nothing". I am using external monitor and I want to be able to just keep the laptop lid closed. What am I doing wrong? [ATTACH]...
  10. Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid

Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid: About a week ago my laptop had a change or hard drive. When I got it back, the screen went blank after being put on sleep mode, but I still could see and use the mouse. I rolled back the display driver and now it won’t project image through hdmi, and whenever I put it on...