Windows 10: laptop shuts down without notice

Discus and support laptop shuts down without notice in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; whenever laptop is connected to Ac .. it shuts down without any notice within 15-20 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sumeethire, Jul 27, 2020.

1. laptop shuts down without notice

whenever laptop is connected to Ac .. it shuts down without any notice within 15-20 minutes

:)

sumeethire, Jul 27, 2020

2. Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down

Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down?

Dan Finger, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Nexaddo Win User
    MSI GT783R laptop shuts down when playing games

hi everone.

for the past week my MSI GT783R gaming laptop have been shutting down when playing games.
    after starting a game within a minute or 2, the laptop will shut itself off without warning, then start-up again.
    after that it usually shuts off again mid-boot or just after it loaded windows.

a few things i have noticed and tried:
    1) it only happens when the AC charger is plugged in, both when battery is hooked to the laptop or not.
    2) GPU and CPU temps are below 80c when the shut down happens
    3) i already suspected an overheating issue, opened up the laptop, cleaned both CPU and GPU and their heatsinks + fan and applied new thermal paste (Arctic MX-4).
    4) tried using a different AC charger, from my brothers GT780DXR laptop.
    5) i formatted my pc and did a clean windows 7 64-bit install.

despite all of the steps above the issue yet remains.
    i scoured google for the past week with no luck.

please help me!

thanks in advance

Nexaddo, Jul 27, 2020
  4. laptop shuts down without notice

Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

laptop shuts down without notice

1. laptop shuts down without notice - Similar Threads - laptop shuts down

2. PC shuts down with no notice

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shuts down with no notice: I had to switch off the power supply before turning it back on in order to restart my computer after Windows 10 abruptly shut it down without any warning or error message.Attempts I've made since thendriver updates for graphics cardsrunning CCleanerran a free Avast Antivirus...
  3. PC shuts down with no notice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down with no notice: I had to switch off the power supply before turning it back on in order to restart my computer after Windows 10 abruptly shut it down without any warning or error message.Attempts I've made since thendriver updates for graphics cardsrunning CCleanerran a free Avast Antivirus...
  4. PC shuts down with no notice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 laptop shuts down without any error or notice

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 laptop shuts down without any error or notice: this problem came into existence since yesterday. I switched on my acer laptop just fine and opened a Microsoft word document that I was supposed to work on. all of a sudden it shut down. I remembered charging my pc to 100% so it must have been around 70-80% before it shut...
  6. windows 10 laptop shuts down without any error or notice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 laptop shuts down without any error or notice: this problem came into existence since yesterday. I switched on my acer laptop just fine and opened a Microsoft word document that I was supposed to work on. all of a sudden it shut down. I remembered charging my pc to 100% so it must have been around 70-80% before it shut...
  7. windows 10 laptop shuts down without any error or notice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop shuts down without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down without warning: My Windows 10 Home Basic laptop has been shutting down without any warnings or even a shutting down message, just blanks out and loss of power. Then it does not power on until I plug it in with a charger. And once after it is plugged in, it boots up and suddenly the battery...
  9. HP Laptop shutting down without warning.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop shutting down without warning.: Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down when the battery is around 20-30% without warning and before the battery saver mode is turned on which is supposed to give me plenty of time to plug the charger in. Once I...
  10. Shut down without synchronization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shut down without synchronization: Hi The new version of windows 10 is shutting down without synchronization. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-without-synchronization/29217cae-725b-477f-b200-7cd7b78717a7