Windows 10: Laptop shuts off after waking from Sleep

Discus and support Laptop shuts off after waking from Sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ipenama [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gn5aas/laptop_shuts_off_after_waking_from_sleep/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ipenama, May 20, 2020.

1. Laptop shuts off after waking from Sleep

/u/ipenama, May 20, 2020
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Laptop shuts off after waking from Sleep [​IMG]

Chadi, May 20, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 20, 2020
  4. Laptop shuts off after waking from Sleep

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Laptop shuts off after waking from Sleep

1. Laptop shuts off after waking from Sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts off

2. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?: So I recently built a new gaming PC and installed Windows 10A few minor hiccups mostly user errors lol but I thought I had the OS figured out.Until this morning, I booted up my PC just to make sure it still ran, then went to eat breakfast. When I came back it had gone into...
  3. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?: So I recently built a new gaming PC and installed Windows 10A few minor hiccups mostly user errors lol but I thought I had the OS figured out.Until this morning, I booted up my PC just to make sure it still ran, then went to eat breakfast. When I came back it had gone into...
  4. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep

Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep: I have a laptop, built for me, running windows 10. This issue comes and goes, but it has happened five or six times in the last three days. After sleeping the laptop, upon waking opening the lid the fan whirs and then the whole machine shuts down. Usually it is fine after...
  6. Laptop isn't waking from sleep, nor is it shutting down

Laptop isn't waking from sleep, nor is it shutting down: I am facing two annoying problems on my HP Pavilion laptop: 1. My laptop doesn't wake up. The lights don't blink. Instead, they just stay on, with the screen blank, and the only way to get out of this is by forcefully shutting it down and starting it up again. 2. When i...
  7. After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity

After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity: My power options are set to NEVER NEVER NEVER... but when I wake my computer from sleep the Monitor will shut off after 2 or 3 minutes and I have to log in from screen lock to continue reading or working. Its very annoying... I eventually just reboot the system and then...
  8. Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode: Have had this laptop for many years now and installed Windows 10 (from Win 7) when it was made available. Within the last few months the laptop can no longer resume from sleep mode and shuts down unexpectedly. Seeing as how this never happened before and I have been running...
  9. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This problem happened for me last week but after a system restore it was seemingly fixed. After having to restart my computer again however, it's come back: every time I put Windows in sleep mode and turn it back on, it instantly shuts off. Not even a blue screen, it just...
  10. Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down: As the title says, when I put the laptop to sleep it boots up right away, when I do a full shut down, it turns off, boots up after 2 seconds, fails while making a strange sound, then boots up again normally This has been bothering me for three weeks now, I have looked...