Windows 10: Laptop Shuts Off If The Lid Closes

Discus and support Laptop Shuts Off If The Lid Closes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Basically, if i close my laptop's lid for around 30 minutes rough estimation, my laptop will shut down and I'll have to boot it up to get it to turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Lennon baskin, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Laptop Shuts Off If The Lid Closes

Basically, if i close my laptop's lid for around 30 minutes rough estimation, my laptop will shut down and I'll have to boot it up to get it to turn on. Is this normal? My laptop didn't used to do this. If there is anything I can do to remedy this, please let me know.

Thanks!

:)

Lennon baskin, Jan 9, 2021

2. Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down

Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down?

Dan Finger, Jan 9, 2021
  3. When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.

Hello,
    I've got a problem (or a feature ? Not so sure) that when I finish my work, I shutting down my laptop, while waiting it to be shut down, I close the lid.
    The problem is when I close the lid, the laptop go into sleep mode, and when I back to work, I open the lid to press the power button and it resume the 'shut down' process.
    This hasn't happen before, any suggestion ? Many thanks Laptop Shuts Off If The Lid Closes :)

phamthanhnhan, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Laptop Shuts Off If The Lid Closes

Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Hi Gan,

This scenario happens when your Power Options is misconfigured. For us to have this isolated, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Power & sleep tab.
    • On the right side, click on Additional power settings.
    • On the left pane, select Choose what closing the lid does.
    • Under Power button and lid settings, click the drop down next to
      When I close the lid.
    • Select Shut down.
    • Click on Save changes button.
    • When you’re ready to make your PC shut down, close your laptop's lid.

Note: Every time that you will close the lid, your laptop will automatically shut down.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Laptop Shuts Off If The Lid Closes

1. Laptop Shuts Off If The Lid Closes - Similar Threads - Laptop Shuts Off

2. Turn off laptop display on lid close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off laptop display on lid close: I want my laptop display to turn off when I close the lid with the power connected. This has always been the default, but with Win 11, I cannot find a way to enable this behavior. There is no option in the power settings to turn off the display; only Do Nothing, Hibernate,...
  3. Turn off laptop display on lid close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off laptop display on lid close: I want my laptop display to turn off when I close the lid with the power connected. This has always been the default, but with Win 11, I cannot find a way to enable this behavior. There is no option in the power settings to turn off the display; only Do Nothing, Hibernate,...
  4. hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed: i already tried different tv and hdmi cable, also reinstalled nvidia etc... soo basically i can't use it unless the lid is open, without hdmi, it works, but as soon as i plug it in and close that lid, it turns off after 1 minute, yes i already edited "choose what lid does...
  5. hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed: i already tried different tv and hdmi cable, also reinstalled nvidia etc... soo basically i can't use it unless the lid is open, without hdmi, it works, but as soon as i plug it in and close that lid, it turns off after 1 minute, yes i already edited "choose what lid does...
  6. How to power up laptop with lid closed? From hibernate or shut off.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to power up laptop with lid closed? From hibernate or shut off.: Hello, first post here. I use my laptop with the lid closed, connected to an external monitor. Is there a way to power up the PC while it is shut off or in hibernation mode without opening the laptop? I have the laptop on a dock so it would be preferred to keep it closed. I...
  7. How to power up laptop with lid closed? From hibernate or shut off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to power up laptop with lid closed? From hibernate or shut off.: Hello, first post here. I use my laptop with the lid closed, connected to an external monitor. Is there a way to power up the PC while it is shut off or in hibernation mode without opening the laptop? I have the laptop on a dock so it would be preferred to keep it closed. I...
  8. Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid

Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid: About a week ago my laptop had a change or hard drive. When I got it back, the screen went blank after being put on sleep mode, but I still could see and use the mouse. I rolled back the display driver and now it won’t project image through hdmi, and whenever I put it on...
  9. Not to turn off laptop when closing lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not to turn off laptop when closing lid: Where can I enable a feature that even if I close the lid on my laptop it doesn't go to sleep. I need this because I'm using an external monitor and it would be really convenient. submitted by /u/KvoDon [link] [comments]...
  10. Laptop turning off when closing lid

Laptop turning off when closing lid: Hi I've just set up my laptop and monitor via a docking station so I can work from home with a larger screen. however when I shut my laptop it seems to close down and therefore I can't project the screen. I know there is a way of stopping it from doing this but I've gone...