Windows 10: Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning

Discus and support Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Recently I have upgraded to windows 10 20H2. After that my ASUS P2530UJ laptop is shutting down unexpectedly without battery warning. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TanjibRubyat, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning

Hi

Recently I have upgraded to windows 10 20H2. After that my ASUS P2530UJ laptop is shutting down unexpectedly without battery warning.

I have checked my power option settings. The low battery level is set to 10% and the critical battery levelis set to 5%.

It was not occuring at first couple of days after upgrade but now its occuring I dont know why.

please help.

:)

TanjibRubyat, Apr 18, 2021

2. Laptop shuts down at low battery warning

This started a week or two ago, where instead of my laptop giving me the low battery warning, and I can continue to use it after I plug it in, it just shuts down instead of giving me said warning. Any way to fix this?

JesusAguilera2, Apr 18, 2021
  3. TomC23 Win User
    Laptop low battery warning

After the latest update my laptop has stopped warning me when the battery is low and just shuts down ?

Acer 5732 Z

TomC23, Apr 18, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning

Laptop shuts down at low battery warning

Hi Jesus

A few users are reporting this same problem, so that may be caused by a Windows 10 update, though it is not a recognized bug as yet . . .

Right click the battery icon on your Taskbar, choose Power Options

On your current Power Plan, click 'Change Plan Settings'

Click 'Change Advanced Power Settings'

On the resulting list, scroll down to find Battery

Set the Low Battery Level to 10% on Battery and Plugged in

Set Critical Battery level to 5% on Battery and Plugged in

Set Low Battery Notification to On

Set Low Battery Action to 'Do Nothing'

That's it, save those settings and restart (not shut down) your PC . ..

DaveM121, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning

1. Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts off

2. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery: I am having an issue with my laptop since it shuts down when battery is low but there is no low battery popup to indicate.Moreover if i change the power plan setting and set the laptop to sleep when battery is below 15% it still don't work and laptop just shuts down. I am...
  3. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery: I am having an issue with my laptop since it shuts down when battery is low but there is no low battery popup to indicate.Moreover if i change the power plan setting and set the laptop to sleep when battery is below 15% it still don't work and laptop just shuts down. I am...
  4. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.: When the battery gets low on my Surface, it will shut off without warning. I'd really prefer a clear warning a minute or two before that happens, and then have it hibernate,Note, this is NOT a battery management concern, this is a shutdown behaviour concern.I've been through...
  6. Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.: When the battery gets low on my Surface, it will shut off without warning. I'd really prefer a clear warning a minute or two before that happens, and then have it hibernate,Note, this is NOT a battery management concern, this is a shutdown behaviour concern.I've been through...
  7. Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning: Hi Recently I have upgraded to windows 10 20H2. After that my ASUS P2530UJ laptop is shutting down unexpectedly without battery warning. I have checked my power option settings. The low battery level is set to 10% and the critical battery levelis set to 5%. It was not...
  8. Laptop shuts down at low battery warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down at low battery warning: This started a week or two ago, where instead of my laptop giving me the low battery warning, and I can continue to use it after I plug it in, it just shuts down instead of giving me said warning. Any way to fix this?...
  9. Computer shuts off without warning when battery is low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shuts off without warning when battery is low: how do I turn on low battery notifications https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-off-without-warning-when-battery-is/f6218490-47bd-45f3-bd1f-25982433623f
  10. Laptop with HDMI monitor: shuts down without low-battery warning

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop with HDMI monitor: shuts down without low-battery warning: Hello, I replaced my laptop battery around two years ago because it was not working well any more. The new battery is not the "official" one, and it has a larger capacity. At the beginning, the battery level that Windows reported was not very accurate, but, honestly, I did...